• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Any news on 7800 xt?

What a weird comment.

:cry:

What has you waiting got anything to do with AMD failing to capture market share (as evidenced by looking at hundreds of thousands of sales globally) by ending up with retail prices for cards coming out late, at a bit below their competitors?

I doubt AMD are content with you being happy to wait to buy one of their cards.

Last edited:
What has you waiting got anything to do with AMD failing to capture market share (as evidenced by looking at hundreds of thousands of sales globally) by ending up with retail prices for cards coming out late, at a bit below their competitors?

I doubt AMD are content with you being happy to wait to buy one of their cards.

Who is talking about AMD failing to capture market share? - I'm not. I couldn't care less what their market share is.

I doubt AMD care what I do.

Last edited:
Once the Starfield promo ends today, that is £50 of value lost from the £480 RX7800XT. AMD had a year to make enough stock, and yet on the UK various large retailers have had no stock at all.

If AMD wants to artificially limit stock to push the street price above £500 and match the RTX4070, they can both keep their cards.
Who said there is no stock though?
104 pulse in stock on OCUK ,not bothered looking at others. I get the feeling retailers are happy to drip feed considering there's a sale on in 8 weeks.

Who is talking about AMD failing to capture market share? - I'm not. I couldn't care less what their market share is.

I doubt AMD care what I do.

You replied to me. I know what I'm talking about.

Who said there is no stock though?
104 pulse in stock on OCUK ,not bothered looking at others. I get the feeling retailers are happy to drip feed considering there's a sale on in 8 weeks.

The only reason they can do that is because they are one of the few with stock. I don't blame them.

Last edited:

Which you failed to read properly. I never mentioned stock, neither did the post of yours I replied to, which referred to the price of the 7900XT/X...

So, no, you don't know what you're talking about.

Which you failed to read properly. I never mentioned stock, neither did the post of yours I replied to, which referred to the price of the 7900XT/X...

So, no, you don't know what you're talking about.

Do I have to spell out for you why the 7900 XT and XTX were above MSRP for ages after launch?

Do you know why the 7800 XT is currently above MSRP in the UK?

If you are gonna reply to my post, then I'm gonna assume a certain level of comprehension.

By the way your first reply, was just a random dig at nvidia, who didn't see these problems.

Last edited:

The only reason they can do that is because they are one of the few with stock. I don't blame them.
ETA next week on most though. And many available in europe at MSRP.

Gibbo originally said 2nd shipment would be cheaper/ closer to MSRP. I suspect these shipments all got delayed by few weeks. Other etailers just sold off there stock as normal while OCUK increased prices to slow sales until the next batch arrives.

The 4070s are in stock because nobody wanted them at MSRP.

ETA next week on most though. And many available in europe at MSRP.

Gibbo originally said 2nd shipment would be cheaper/ closer to MSRP. I suspect these shipments all got delayed by few weeks. Other etailers just sold off there stock as normal while OCUK increased prices to slow sales until the next batch arrives.

The 4070s are in stock because nobody wanted them at MSRP.

You say that and yet there are more 4070 and 4070 Ti cards in systems than all RDNA3 put together.

They are probably selling slowly. But AMD cards are selling more slowly globally.

edit: In a few days we will see what happened in September.

Last edited:
Do I have to spell out for you why the 7900 XT and XTX were above MSRP for ages after launch?

Do you know why the 7800 XT is currently above MSRP in the UK?

If you are gonna reply to my post, then I'm gonna assume a certain level of comprehension.

By the way your first reply, was just a random dig at nvidia, who didn't see these problems.

I don't care why.

NV's cards have been over-priced every day since launch, and still are.

You say that and yet there are more 4070 and 4070 Ti cards in systems than all RDNA3 put together.

They are probably selling slowly. But AMD cards are selling more slowly globally.
The 4070 has been out since April? 7800xt is what 3 weeks?

7900xt and xtx are too expensive anyway as anyone spending that money should just buy a 4090

The 4070 has been out since April? 7800xt is what 3 weeks?

7900xt and xtx are too expensive anyway as anyone spending that money should just buy a 4090

I'm not trying to measure 7800 XTs success now. However, it is following the exact same pattern at the 7900 XT and XTX. If AMD aren't going to learn, then the exact same thing will play out.

It's not even just this generation tbh, reminds me of Vega. I'm not sure why people think, this time will be different. They actually have good cards this time as well, which makes it worse.

What's that oft repeated phrase about insanity?

Last edited:
I'm not trying to measure 7800 XTs success now. However, it is following the exact same pattern at the 7900 XT and XTX. If AMD aren't going to learn, then the exact same thing will play out.

It's not even just this generation tbh, reminds me of Vega. I'm not sure why people think, this time will be different.
The MSRP of the 7900xt and xtx was too high from the start though.
7900xt price trended down below MSRP as it was too high and too close to the xtx.

7800xt price has gone up above MSRP so it's not really the same pattern.

Could still end up the same though

It's not even just this generation tbh, reminds me of Vega. I'm not sure why people think, this time will be different. They actually have good cards this time as well, which makes it worse.

What's that oft repeated phrase about insanity?
It totally reminds me of the pricing of Vega where only a limited number of cards were at RRP.

Reality is UK operates similar to Australia now and will have higher prices and lower stock. US and Europe not really seeing the same problems with 7800xt (yet). Infact you can import a GPU from Portugal through rainforest and it ends up cheaper than UK retail.

Back
Top Bottom