• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Any news on 7800 xt?

Soldato
They are not. The 6800XT was almost as fast as a 6900XT. In some titles it was identical. In pure raster terms it was nearly as fast as a 3090. Why do you think Nvidia released a 3090Ti?

It may well be a coincidence, but I don't play any titles with RT in. As such I completely ignore it and concentrate purely on the raster.

We must be looking at different stuff , 6800xt and 3080 are similar in raster

Last edited:
Soldato
Last edited:
Caporegime
Really? for £30 less than i paid for my 2070S i get 50% more performance and 50% more VRam.

Where are Nvidia with my upgrade options?

But you already own the 2070S, you've had it for X amount of years.
By that token you can make anything seem good.

The 7800XT is meh.
It's basically a cheaper 6800XT 2 years later, rather than an upgrade for someone who owns a 6800XT

Last edited:
Soldato
We must be looking at different stuff , 6800xt and 3080 are similar in raster

Not in the games I play.

4070 is as fast as a 3080, right? then how come even with RT enabled in these tests (I still don't know why HWUB caved and started putting RT in) the 6950XT hammers it?

7pSbigC.png

3PfZv49.png

If you remove the RT results? the 6950XT is 25-30% faster than the 4070. Making it faster than a 4070ti in raster, sitting between it and the 4080 in raster.

The 6800XT is not far off of that. With a decent clock it is only around 10% slower than a 6950XT.

Unfortunately many reviewers have now started including RT in all of their benchmarks. I don't know why, as to me at least (remember I am allowed my opinion) there still isn't a killer app game with RT in. Not a game of the year must have game with RT. They are all a bit meh. In what I play? the 6800XT is as fast or faster than a 3090. That is why I bought one last year for 1440p.

Soldato
Not in the games I play.

4070 is as fast as a 3080, right? then how come even with RT enabled in these tests (I still don't know why HWUB caved and started putting RT in) the 6950XT hammers it?

7pSbigC.png

3PfZv49.png

If you remove the RT results? the 6950XT is 25-30% faster than the 4070. Making it faster than a 4070ti in raster, sitting between it and the 4080 in raster.

The 6800XT is not far off of that. With a decent clock it is only around 10% slower than a 6950XT.

Unfortunately many reviewers have now started including RT in all of their benchmarks. I don't know why, as to me at least (remember I am allowed my opinion) there still isn't a killer app game with RT in. Not a game of the year must have game with RT. They are all a bit meh. In what I play? the 6800XT is as fast or faster than a 3090. That is why I bought one last year for 1440p.

You are showing 6950xt charts ? We are discussing the raster between 3080, 4070 and 6800xt

You can go through hubs each game charts without RT they are similar

Caporegime
You would think so.... yes i know.

And yet i'm looking at Nvidia thinking where the #### is my upgrade????? can you tell me where it is? No, you can't.

So Nvidia are boning you with 10 inches and AMD are boning you with a 7 inch.

Whoopy do.

The reality is, neither company is good. One company just is stronger.

And, isn't a 4060Ti better than a 2070S and cheaper? I mean you can buy one for £350

Last edited:
Caporegime
So Nvidia are boning you with 10 inches and AMD are boning you with a 7 inch.

Whoopy do.

The reality is, neither company is good. One company just is stronger.

True, i'm not going to argue with that, yet now i do have an upgrade path, and it comes with much better drivers.... so.... 8 or 9 years, its been nice..... but #### you Nvidia, lol bye....

Last edited:
Soldato
I've watched many reviews and benchmarks at raster they are similar

I just showed you charts showing the 6950XT at 17% faster at 4k even with the RT results in, and 15% faster at 1440p even with the RT results in. Remove those hobble games? it is way faster.

It's amazing how people's memory gets affected. The 6900XT worried Nvidia so much (because they can smell through their own BS, RT and "cheating" AKA DLSS) they released the 3090ti. The 6950XT was AMD's answer to that. 4070ti toted to be "as fast as a 3090ti but not quite" correct? do your maths.

Look dude. To you and the other Nvidia guy who thinks my posts are funny? I don't care. Seriously, tell it to someone else who has drank the kool aid. I ignore RT, and I totally ignore cheating (DLSS AND FSR or whatever AMD are calling it this week).

I don't want to have to enable hacks and cheats to make my games run at the speed a new gen card should run them at. OK? that fair enough with you? I don't want devs to get an even bigger excuse not to bother and enable those things as default in your game because a £400 card can not run them properly at 1080p. As such? I turn on my BS shield and concentrate purely on the real capabilities of a GPU.

Last edited:
Caporegime
@Martini1991 A 4060Ti 8GB, is that a joke?

I mean why not a 3060Ti? Right, same ###### thing, right???

I don't rate the 4060Ti, but is it not better than the 2070S?
Looking at reviews it's much better.

In the same logic of why you said the 7800XT was a good upgrade from a 2070S, wouldn't the 4060Ti also suffice in that arguement? It's a much better performer
Whereas my stance is, as I said, both companies are crap and releasing meh products.

Last edited:
Soldato
I just showed you charts showing the 6950XT at 17% faster at 4k even with the RT results in, and 15% faster at 1440p even with the RT results in. Remove those hobble games? it is way faster.

It's amazing how people's memory gets affected. The 6900XT worried Nvidia so much (because they can smell through their own BS, RT and "cheating" AKA DLSS) they released the 3090ti. The 6950XT was AMD's answer to that. 4070ti toted to be "as fast as a 3090ti but not quite" correct? do your maths.

Look dude. To you and the other Nvidia guy who thinks my posts are funny? I don't care. Seriously, tell it to someone else who has drank the kool aid. I ignore RT, and I totally ignore cheating (DLSS AND FSR or whatever AMD are calling it this week).

I don't want to have to enable hacks and cheats to make my games run at the speed a new gen card should run them at. OK? that fair enough with you? I don't want devs to get an even bigger excuse not to bother and enable those things as default in your game because a £400 card can not run them properly at 1080p. As such? I turn on my BS shield and concentrate purely on the real capabilities of a GPU.

I ignore RT as well we are just discussing raster , and I have been looking at benchmarks since the release of the cards , I'll say it once more in terms of rasterization performance, the RTX 3080 and Radeon 6800 XT are very evenly matched

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom