• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Any news on 7800 xt?

Associate
Funny how some people on here jumped on the WCCFTech article saying AMD 100% blocked DLSS in ALL games,then ignored all the games which didn't have FSR or ship with only FSR1(when FSR2 existed). Then started making new threads about it when everyone jumped on the bandwagon. WCCFTech is worse than MLID.

Then AMD says they didn't block anything a few days ago and you still believe all the tech press who had zero evidence,zero documents,etc to prove anything. But when Nvidia says they don't block anything people believe it 100% fine,despite their own history of doing stuff. People even quoted numbers themselves,and lots of information - but no people clutched their pearls(and kept quoting the WCCFTech article and the HUB video) like Gospel Truth.

Because AMD has the power to force Microsoft to do things or block Nvidia - if they had so much sway they should have bribed CDPR to cut down on RT in Cyberpunk 2077!They can't even get their CPUs to do best in Starfield! :cry:

The issue is some of us have been around in this area for decades. HL2 was the same nonsense when Nvidia lost a big sponsorship 20 years ago. Then the fallout about Rollo,etc was hilarious to watch after that.

Yet,when he points out that Nvidia might try something else,now suddenly its all rubbish. If he said this was AMD trying to spin negative PR about Nvidia,I expect people would be making a new thread about it. Just like HUB are AMD shills one day because they make a video talking about VRAM or something,but the moment they make a negative AMD article suddenly they are a 100% trusted source.

:cry:

I don't think i've said anything about anyone blocking anything. It's not something that interests me, neither does the upscaling tech, as far as my interests goes in FSR was to ask whether it would be coming to 6000 series GPU's. My only take on upsacling is that it is fake performance used to sell GPU's for more money while cutting back on their specs.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Also the reality is that pricing and tiers are usually only decided at the last minute. I remember AdoredTV got the chiplets leak for Zen2 right,and the technical aspects of the chiplets also right.

But totally messed up in the tiers and pricing and he got a huge amount of flak about it and responded badly to it. But what we don't know is if that was the original plan,but AMD realised they could charge more at the last minute. Looking back that sounds totally like something they would do.

Just because the engineers want to do something,the accountants might think differently. Hence why the RX7900XT was called that,and the RX7800XT isn't an RX7800 or RX7700XT.

Marketing being an entity up on themselves is true and probably normal in a lot of industries.
I'm familiar with it in Star Citizen, the devs are trying to make a game they all want to play, they have specific criteria for that, along come the marketing team, who don't communicate with the devs at all and monetise the results of their labour in what ever way they see fit, often over selling the results of that work, they don't care because their job is just make as much money as possible for the company.
So consumers of said product feel like they have been cheated and blame the people who made the product.
Star Citizen is a very open development, what the devs are trying to do is make the game that people want them to make, and they do take that feedback all the time, they talk to people on the forums like adults, they are not locked away making a game in isolation from the people playing it and just releasing something saying "there you go...." they have changed entire mechanics of the game completely at the request of its user base and continued to ask for feedback while at it.

With that they have also been very vocal about how they dislike the way in which marketing works, to the point of getting themselves in to trouble to the top brass, and yet they are never told to stop or even curb the level of interaction they have with the player base, that seems to be a fundamental almost at any cost.

Last edited:
Caporegime
People keep asking when will Star Citizen be released, when will it be 'Done' the answer, and this is from them, is, "Never" its will not stop or have a development complete aspect.... it will just stop and die when people are no longer interested, if its a week or 30 years.....

Last edited:
Associate
I've ordered the very same 6800 just this morning, it's a solid upgrade for me and right on budget.

What are you upgrading from?

I currently have 3060ti 8gb.

I know the 7800xt will be quicker than a 6800 but i can't see it being 33% quicker as it's basically 33% more expensive.

Associate
5700XT that I bought in 2020 for £365

The 6800 is significantly faster than my outgoing card and has double the VRAM, that's enough for me.
Yeah that's a great deal for you. Does the 6800 deal include Starfield do you know?

I can get about £240 for my 3060ti FE (hopefully, still in warranty) so i'm thinking a net outlay of £130 secures me a gfx card with double ram, about 25% speed increase and Starfield!

Caporegime
It good and proper to compare new GPU priced to EOL prices, but what IMO is not ok is to make that the argument for the new GPU being too expensive, not that i see anyone doing that, at the moment.

If the company was to do that then a $500 new GPU costing $400 EOL its replacement having to cost $400 then by the time that is EOL at $300................. you see where i'm going with this?

Nvidia have basically decided that because of that EOL cards no longer get a price reduction, i don't want AMD learning Nvidia are right about that....

Associate
Yeah that's a great deal for you. Does the 6800 deal include Starfield do you know?

I can get about £240 for my 3060ti FE (hopefully, still in warranty) so i'm thinking a net outlay of £130 secures me a gfx card with double ram, about 25% speed increase and Starfield!

It's supposed to AFAIK, another poster has confirmation from the seller.

Associate
What gets me about that is the media know Nvidia thinks they are idiots and yet still they fall for it every time, and they don't just go for it, they fall in to that rabbit hole proper deep and aggressive, look how aggressive they were with that narrative, and it was all complete BS.
Now Bethesda feel like they are caught between two warring sides and want nothing to do with either of them anymore, AMD put a lot of work in to making SF a better game than it otherwise would have been, IMO.
This is why we can't have nice things, because Nvidia can't stand to lose in any way shape or form, to the point where they are sociopathic narcissists.

As a company i can't stand Nvidia.

I'm boycotting Nvidia for the foreseeable future after their dodgy shenanigans this generation.

I'm a bit peed off with AMD, too, but their shenanigans have been relatively minor. At least they're releasing cards for a price that doesn't need a second mortgage lol

I'm also going to be looking at Battlemage, too, although drivers are going to be an issue. But if they release it for a decent price I might go for it if it's powerful enough.

Associate
What are you upgrading from?

I currently have 3060ti 8gb.

I know the 7800xt will be quicker than a 6800 but i can't see it being 33% quicker as it's basically 33% more expensive.

I too have a 3060ti 8GB. Before that I had a reference RX6800 (non XT). Although the RX6800 is a fair bit faster than the 3060ti, it is not a huge increase. I suspect people who have 3060ti's who upgrade to 7700XT or 7800XT might be left a bit disappointed with the gains and also missing out on DLSS support.

I am interested in upgrading to an AMD card but it would have to be a 6950XT for around £500. A 7800XT that is on par with a 6800XT for £500 wouldn't be a big enough performance lift for me and the loss of DLSS and Gsync just makes it that bit less compelling.

Compelling prices in my opinion would be:

6800 = £350
6800XT = £400
6950XT = £475

Last edited:
Associate
At the latest we will probably get reviews on the 5'th and pricing along with that, for what its worth i'm expecting to see them to appear on OCUK starting at £479.99.

Thanks. I think if it was around that price i would probably bite for the fancy new features. Over 500 though and i'm not interested.

I too have a 3060ti 8GB. Before that I had a reference RX6800 (non XT). Although the RX6800 is a fair bit faster than the 3060ti, it is not a huge increase. I suspect people who have 3060ti's who upgrade to 7700XT or 7800XT might be left a bit disappointed with the gains and also missing out on DLSS support.

I am interested in upgrading to an AMD card but it would have to be a 6950XT for around £500. A 7800XT that is on par with a 6800XT for £500 wouldn't be a big enough performance lift for me and the loss of DLSS and Gsync just makes it that bit less compelling.

Compelling prices in my opinion would be:

6800 = £350
6800XT = £400
6950XT = £475

Thanks. The XFX 6800 i am looking at is currently £369 but includes Starfield as well so it's very tempting.

Caporegime
I'm boycotting Nvidia for the foreseeable future after their dodgy shenanigans this generation.

I'm a bit peed off with AMD, too, but their shenanigans have been relatively minor. At least they're releasing cards for a price that doesn't need a second mortgage lol

I'm also going to be looking at Battlemage, too, although drivers are going to be an issue. But if they release it for a decent price I might go for it if it's powerful enough.

I think Intel GPU's / Drivers will eventually come good, but i'm not entirely sure about how i will know when that is as i don't trust tech journalists, you see them quite a lot these days talking about how much things have improved, as if its almost to the point now where its mainstream good..... and then you see people asking for help trying to get games working at all or fixing a really bad experience in the same games these tech jurnoes say are all good.

I think they have their own agenda, it comes from a good place, they are trying to promote competition in the space and with that giving Intel a lot of leeway but i have no interest in paying a lot of money to be a beta tester for the hardware i depend on.

Associate
Thanks. I think if it was around that price i would probably bite for the fancy new features. Over 500 though and i'm not interested.

Thanks. The XFX 6800 i am looking at is currently £369 but includes Starfield as well so it's very tempting.

I would say that 6800 is a good deal if you plan on playing Starfield. I paid about £580 for a reference 6800 on launch day and ended up selling it for £900 to a certain high street store at the peak of the madness.

If you already have a 3060ti, I think you might be disappointed buying a 6800. Check this comparison video out:

I'm not sure if you would actually notice much of a difference in actual gameplay experience. Plus you are losing DLSS2 support. I suppose you are getting 16GB VRAM with the 6800 which might make it a bit more future proof but I still feel it is very much a side grade from a 3060ti.

Last edited:
Caporegime
its 20% on average over the 3060Ti at 1440P. Not worth it.

Wait for the 7700XT? 90 to 95% a 4070 for £430 up.

Associate
Thanks guys.

I'm not expecting a massive increase if i was to go 6800 route but for a net outlay of around £130 i'd be getting 20% performance increase, double vram AND Starfield.

Now i'd get better results from the 7800xt of course but the net outlay there is going to be more aorund the £250 mark.

Back
Top Bottom