• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Any news on 7800 xt?

Associate
I'm still fairly new to the PC building game (been a console player and my "gaming PC" has been a pre built) but how does the release of a new GPU work, I understand that it is released on the 6th, but are we able to pre-order it at all, or is it a first come, first served type of deal, if so what sort of time will they be released to the public?

Soldato
I'm still fairly new to the PC building game (been a console player and my "gaming PC" has been a pre built) but how does the release of a new GPU work, I understand that it is released on the 6th, but are we able to pre-order it at all, or is it a first come, first served type of deal, if so what sort of time will they be released to the public?
Welcome to the madness! It varies, sometimes preorders, sometimes on the day. I think 2pm is the usual time but I'm sure someone will correct me.

Soldato
2pm is when they normally go live, sometimes a few minutes before so start looking around 1:50pm, some models will be in stock others may be pre order if the stocks not landed.

The 7800XT may sell out but the 7700XT is unlikely to.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Ocuk usually releases at 2pm and it is first come first served.
mUt2uwX.jpg

Soldato
fair enough dont think I'll ever pay more than £700 for a GPU
Normally I wouldn't but going for a 4090 this gen for £1000-1100 and skipping next gen will probably mean a faster GPU than even £700 will get you for next gen while those spending £700-£800 now for cards like the 7900XT/4070ti will probably find they need to speed another £700 next gen so will end up having spent £1400 anyway and still wont get 4090 perf.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom