• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Any news on 7800 xt?

Soldato
My bet is that's a sweetner to sell off the old stuff?

I don't care - if there is no Starfield that means I won't be buying it especially with the fake £480 price which is more like £500+ and no better than Nvidia. If I need to buy Starfield that is huge reason for me not to bother. I have no interest in RDNA2 cards,unless the RX6800 is very cheap. I saw an RTX4070 12GB for £500 recently,and that would be an easier fit for my mini-ITX rig. So I might as wait longer for one to have a deal on.

So like with me and wanting an RX6700XT,AMD playing stupid games meant I ended up with an Nvidia card. Might have history repeating itself at this rate,because it is easier to get a misprice or deal on Nvidia cards(due to having higher volume).

Last edited:
Associate
So watched the GN video. It's basically a good mid-range card but one that offers nothing new over previous 6800XT? So all a bit meh really. Would I be right in saying? I thought when it moved to the RT benchmarks that might show the difference in the generations but nope, the 6800XT stuck with it. So I can't see why anyone would buy this over say a 6800XT or a 6900XT? Not that I'm after a new card personally but I like to watch these things like most people and see what's what.
honestly, the only thing thats worthwhile between this and the 4070 over previous gen is AV1 encoding, which is vastly better then H.264 ( h.265 is a mess because of the people that distributed it and hence why we have AV1 ).

Its been very expensive bar the intel arc 380 ( which I have by the way as a 2nd card for AV1 acceleration ) to get AV1, since AMD really only had it for the 7900 XT and Nvidia granted had it to the 4060 but the grunt on that card is too weak in general for other tasks.

Its a mess, its all I can say.

Associate
AMD should really be utterly ashamed, they look like utter clowns right now, like UTTER pretenders in the GPU space...

They clearly did not have to copy the same tactic as Nvidia, they could have named their cards honestly, and segmented them honestly and SOLD REALLY well, and gained TONS market share and buyer respect and appreciation, they chose to be greedy and try con buyers instead, by litterly offering buyers zero improvements in the "same tier" after 3 years.

Pathetic.

Anyone who trys to explain or defend this ****, is just a clueless ignorant, or a blatent paid shill!

Associate
I don't care - if there is no Starfield that means I won't be buying it especially with the fake £480 price which is more like £500+ and no better than Nvidia. If I need to buy Starfield that is huge reason for me not to bother. I have no interest in RDNA2 cards,unless the RX6800 is very cheap. I saw an RTX4070 12GB for £500 recently,and that would be an easier fit for my mini-ITX rig. So I might as wait longer for one to have a deal on.

So like with me and wanting an RX6700XT,AMD playing stupid games meant I ended up with an Nvidia card. Might have history repeating itself at this rate,because it is easier to get a misprice or deal on Nvidia cards(due to having higher volume).

I completely agree, although I'm hearing other retailers do have the Starfield offer with these cards so it may just not be showing yet.

Soldato
They clearly don’t care about RT and tbh neither should you.
Why not ? can bring over people from Nvidia ? no matter how you see it, you shouldnt be expecting that uplift from card thats succeding the previous one , another point why the 7900xt should have been the 7800xt

Club386: Ray-tracing performance remains below Nvidia’s comparable cards. Assuming this continues with RX 7800 XT and RX 7700 XT, what tools does AMD have to combat this apparent weakness?

SH:
I think we still have the lead in performance per dollar, yet we do take ray-tracing performance into consideration when doing our pricing calculations. Reviewers like yourself tell us we’re doing okay in pure frames per second but not so good in ray tracing, so we try to price that difference into our SEP, ensuring Radeon GPUs offer great value.

We just have to do better on future generations, making sure we have the right architecture for efficient ray tracing. Furthermore, we need to continue working with ISV partners for gamers to have the best experience.

Last edited:
Soldato
ah man, im running out of HDMI ports lol

one for a drawing tablet with a screen which requires HDMI out and the other HDMI for my mac, the DP is for my PC
Well i got 4x AOC 144Hz 1080p displays, 3 for PC but fourth is used for PC/FireTV/Virgin 360 Mini Box using an HDMI switcher.. HDMI is good for power down as it doesnt do what DP does which is basically same as unplugging it from the mains. I wish DP didnt do that, its a PITA when you have apps that you want to stay in the same place every time you fire them up lol

Back
Top Bottom