• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Any news on 7800 xt?

Soldato
Why not ? can bring over people from Nvidia ?

Club386: Ray-tracing performance remains below Nvidia’s comparable cards. Assuming this continues with RX 7800 XT and RX 7700 XT, what tools does AMD have to combat this apparent weakness?

SH:
I think we still have the lead in performance per dollar, yet we do take ray-tracing performance into consideration when doing our pricing calculations. Reviewers like yourself tell us we’re doing okay in pure frames per second but not so good in ray tracing, so we try to price that difference into our SEP, ensuring Radeon GPUs offer great value.

We just have to do better on future generations, making sure we have the right architecture for efficient ray tracing. Furthermore, we need to continue working with ISV partners for gamers to have the best experience.

They need to sound like they care. Of course. It is clear though that they just don't.

I think it is a good card for £500. Not great, but then you tell me, what card was great value for money since the 2000 series Nvidia? nothing.

I think people either need to move past that or just move on tbh. It isn't going to change.

However, before I stop bothering now that the reviews are out I will say this.

1. Once the 6800XT is gone they will drop the price. IMO these cards are purely place holders until those cards are gone. And thus, making them look bad would have meant they never sold and would have ended in a landfill.

2. FSR3 with frame gen has yet to be released. As such, you and I have absolutely no idea as to what it does, how well it does it and most importantly of all how much better if any the 7000 series cards will work with it in comparison to the 6000 cards. What I am saying is? for all we know the 7000 series cards could absolutely MURDER the 6000 series cards at it and that may be why they have not launched it yet. Because again, they would screw themselves. I also have a feeling that we will not see that until the 6000 series cards have gone. For the reason that this whole launch has been delayed, and, IMO, hobbled and cut down.

Nvidia said they were going to manipulate the market and it appears AMD are going to have to (and are) do/doing the same.

So once again like any brand new tech launch? the answer is simple - WAIT. Have some patience, and wait and see what happens.

Soldato
They need to sound like they care. Of course. It is clear though that they just don't.

I think it is a good card for £500. Not great, but then you tell me, what card was great value for money since the 2000 series Nvidia? nothing.

I think people either need to move past that or just move on tbh. It isn't going to change.

However, before I stop bothering now that the reviews are out I will say this.

1. Once the 6800XT is gone they will drop the price. IMO these cards are purely place holders until those cards are gone. And thus, making them look bad would have meant they never sold and would have ended in a landfill.

2. FSR3 with frame gen has yet to be released. As such, you and I have absolutely no idea as to what it does, how well it does it and most importantly of all how much better if any the 7000 series cards will work with it in comparison to the 6000 cards. What I am saying is? for all we know the 7000 series cards could absolutely MURDER the 6000 series cards at it and that may be why they have not launched it yet. Because again, they would screw themselves. I also have a feeling that we will not see that until the 6000 series cards have gone. For the reason that this whole launch has been delayed, and, IMO, hobbled and cut down.

Nvidia said they were going to manipulate the market and it appears AMD are going to have to (and are) do/doing the same.

So once again like any brand new tech launch? the answer is simple - WAIT. Have some patience, and wait and see what happens.

doesnt really take much to offer something better than nvidia is it ? they literally dont care rather sell to the few mugs for high margins and save the rest for AI

lets not get carried away AMD are the savours they are also doing it to lesser degree

and about FSR3 they teased it on launch event yet here we are , I dont have much interest in these upscalling / fake stuff all it tells me its taking away pure raster performance

Last edited:
Soldato
I am sharing net profit, how much they actually make after they load all of the business expenses onto each unit sold.

Gross is pure manufacturing, no overheads, no r+d, no legal, no catering, no HR etc. Net profit is what is left when you run a business.

If you read the report you linked you'll see they have costs that need to be covered as they are reported.

The net profit is then used to pay shareholders who are currently getting a divi of 1% (wow) and can then be invested, retained.
Net is not a good indicator of the underlying profit margin on products, the costs of running a business can go up and down depending on choices you make.

When you look at a product and decide if they price they're asking is reasonable, what the original propositions was, you don't look at net profits because that doesn't tell you how much of a markup is on the product.

Soldato
Watched few reviews

7700xt = 6800 performance

7800xt = 6800xt performance BUT somehow the 7800xt loses to the 6800xt in several games, quick example:

The 7700xt's performance drops at 4k, memory performance isn't up to the task, so at 1080p and 1440p it's a competitor to the 6800 but loses to that card at 4k. The 7800xt doesn't have this problem and is able to hold its performance at 4k achieving good frame rates.

Lastly both cards are good at overclocking

Soldato
doesnt really take much to offer something better than nvidia is it ? they literally dont care rather sell to the few mugs for high margins and save the rest for AI

lets not get carried away AMD are the savours they are also doing it to lesser degree

and about FSR3 they teased it on launch event yet here we are , I dont have much interest in these upscalling / fake stuff all it tells me its taking away pure raster performance

Well they are offering more than Nvidia. Their closest card (because it costs the same) is the 4060ti 16gb. This is much faster than that for the same price, and faster than the 4070 which costs more.

I didn't say they were saviours, you did. Please don't put words into my mouth !

Most people want frame gen. Me? don't give a crap tbh. Just like I don't give a crap about RT or any of these other hacks they are using to try and make us throw more money at something that is utterly pointless.

And yes, I know it hurts people who paid £1700 for a GPU for ray tracing (because you don't need one for anything else) but that is just the way it is.

The 7800XT is all 99% of people need, and I am 100% sure it will drop in price. Because every other AMD 7000 series card has also dropped in price quite dramatically.

Soldato
Watched few reviews

7800xt = 6800xt performance BUT somehow the 7800xt loses to the 6800xt in several games, quick example:

The 7700xt's performance drops at 4k, memory performance isn't up to the task, so at 1080p and 1440p it's a competitor to the 6800 but loses to that card at 4k. The 7800xt doesn't have this problem and is able to hold its performance at 4k achieving good frame rates.

probably improve with drivers and will be called Fine whine

Soldato
So basically like most people were saying, the 7800 XT is the successor to the 6800 non-XT and AMD are playing silly buggers with the naming in an attempt to exploit customers naivety.

Soldato
Watched few reviews

The 7800XT basically looks like a 3080 minus DLSS almost 3 years on for 150 quid less.

Soldato
The RX7700XT overclock a lot!!

6M20com.png

overclocked-performance.png

Last edited:
Soldato
So basically like most people were saying, the 7800 XT is the successor to the 6800 non-XT and AMD are playing silly buggers with the naming in an attempt to exploit customers naivety.
I would go one further and say the 7800XT should have been named the 7700XT and replace the 6700XT and should also have been priced at around 20% cheaper MSRP. The 7700XT could have been the 7700. Feel free people to hang me on the meathooks but that is my opinion at the end of the day. As I see it the value is not at all there at the current price points.

Soldato
I would go one further and say the 7800XT should have been named the 7700XT and replace the 6700XT and should also have been priced at around 20% cheaper MSRP. The 7700XT could have been the 7700. Feel free people to hang me on the meathooks but that is my opinion at the end of the day. As I see it the value is not at all there at the current price points.

They are including Starfield Premium,which is around £60~£70. So maybe one the promo ends,prices will drop a bit to compensate?

Soldato
They are including Starfield Premium,which is around £60~£70. So maybe one the promo ends,prices will drop a bit to compensate?
That has never happened where I live. Also there is only 1 seller(one of the biggest) here who offers the promo the rest don't and said seller have stated the value of the promo to 300DKK as they do with all game bundle promos which is roughly 35 pounds. I guess one could hope :p

Soldato
That has never happened where I live. Also there is only 1 seller(one of the biggest) here who offers the promo the rest don't and said seller have stated the value of the promo to 300DKK as they do with all game bundle promos which is roughly 35 pounds. I guess one could hope :p

Can they sell me the promo for the Premium version without the card for £40?:p

They will get £5 more than the going rate!

Soldato
Ironically, given the CPU requirements of Starfield, that game runs better with Nvidia due to Frame Gen, so even that's not an advantage, certainly not if you have anything less than a 7800X3D or (better yet) a 13th Gen Intel. Plus it's easy on the vram, so that advantage goes down too. Worse yet, AMD didn't even announce it for FSR 3, so it will always be behind Nvidia (and Intel on CPU front). So much for great partnerships. :p

Soldato
The RX7700XT overclock a lot!!

6M20com.png

overclocked-performance.png

The problem is that's just a 3D mark test and not games

Guru 3D benchmarked games and said the overclocked performance is 3% to 5% higher than stock for the 7700xt and 7800xt, nowhere near the 17% increase seen in 3D mark by techpowerup

Back
Top Bottom