• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Any news on 7800 xt?

Soldato
Sadly doesn't translate to games according to GURU 3D. It's 3Dmark OC results.

On my 7900 XT the 10% OC translates to about 10% in games as well. 55 FPS stock, 60 FPS OC with Starfield at 4K Ultra and no upscaling. It's going to depend on the silicone lottery but 20% would be very much pie in the sky levels. 10% is more likely.

Last edited:
Soldato
On my 7900 XT the 10% OC translates to about 10% in games as well. 55 FPS stock, 60 FPS stock with Starfield at 4K Ultra and no upscaling.

I think drivers will make a difference. As we know with AMD, they almost always do.

Looking at HWUB review today the 6800XT beat the 3080 in pretty much everything. Oddly they left out the 3080 in a few though, and did not include the 6950XT in every bench either. Shame, I guess AMD maybe asked them to do that? or was that the GN review? very hectic day here.

Soldato
AMD have had these sat in a warehouse for 6months while they sold 6000 series. If they haven't sorted the drivers, that's entirely on them.

How do you know? got insider info have you?

In case you were not aware EVERY AMD GPU as far back as I can remember has gotten way better over time. Hence where the term "fine wine" comes from.

Soldato
Pre ordered the Sapphire Nitro coming from a 970. Am i being stupid or has anyone mentioned when OCUK will actually be shipping?

Gibbo said earlier in the thread that OCuk's pricing will lower in about a week's time. That only matters if you purchased from here. If bought elsewhere for cheaper then that doesn't apply to you.

Soldato
How do you know? got insider info have you?

In case you were not aware EVERY AMD GPU as far back as I can remember has gotten way better over time. Hence where the term "fine wine" comes from.

Nope, AMD said themselves in interviews around Gamescom they have had these ready to go for 5 months but needed to clear inventory of the six series.

What you mean by 'fine wine' is AMD doesn't have the resources to sort out drivers for launch but eventually they get around to fixing it.

I'd rather have performance now, fine wine is for its next owner

Soldato
I think drivers will make a difference. As we know with AMD, they almost always do.

Looking at HWUB review today the 6800XT beat the 3080 in pretty much everything. Oddly they left out the 3080 in a few though, and did not include the 6950XT in every bench either. Shame, I guess AMD maybe asked them to do that? or was that the GN review? very hectic day here.

we must be watching the wrong review again :cry:
6800xt / 3080 look pretty even Raster performance

lzWu8Pl.png

sHB5WLd.png

ImoCA9D.png

Last edited:
Caporegime
What you mean by 'fine wine' is AMD doesn't have the resources to sort out drivers for launch but eventually they get around to fixing it.

So that must also go for nvidia as their improve over time as well....

Soldato
Nope, AMD said themselves in interviews around Gamescom they have had these ready to go for 5 months but needed to clear inventory of the six series.

Yeah, I hear you on the don't have the resources. However, free performance is free, so I wouldn't kick it out of bed for eating crackers.

Associate
I don't think AMD have a comparable model in this line up to a 970 (I had a 970 - cost me £270 btw).

A much better comparision would be 7900xt vs 980.

Soldato
I don't think AMD have a comparable model in this line up to a 970 (I had a 970 - cost me £270 btw).

A much better comparision would be 7900xt vs 980.

No it wouldn't. You forget, above the 980 was the 980ti and Titan.

These cards are equivalent to the 970 and 980, only the performance uplift on the 7800XT is much higher from the 7700XT than it was from the 970 to 980.

Back
Top Bottom