• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Any news on 7800 xt?

Soldato
That would mean the RTX4070 12GB is barely 10% faster in rasterised performance:

The 4070 has always been a bad buy and with the 7800xt and 7700xt either side of it raster wise it's looking like an even crapper buy now.

OcUK Staff
Hi there

Launch is 2pm tomorrow but it shall be a paper launch for us.

There is extremely limited stock in U.K. and it’s priced as such and due to that I’ve made decision to wait and our stock will be here in about a weeks time but prices will be much closer or at MSRP.

We shall probably only offer Sapphire also to begin with. :)

OcUK Staff
Interested to see prices and reviews/benchmarks but already having a 6700XT, I can't really convince my brain that this is worth upgrading to, and then having the added faffage of selling on the Nitro+ which is a fantastic card.

It’s not!
The new cards are decent but anyone currently on a 6700 XT - 6800 XT there is no point in upgrading keep what you have or take a much bigger leap and get into a 7900 XT / XTX otherwise best to just wait another year or so for the next generation stuff which will no doubt come in 2024/25.

6700 XT 12G is a solid 1080/1440 card.
6800 XT 16G is a superb 1440 card.

Soldato
It’s not!
The new cards are decent but anyone currently on a 6700 XT - 6800 XT there is no point in upgrading keep what you have or take a much bigger leap and get into a 7900 XT / XTX otherwise best to just wait another year or so for the next generation stuff which will no doubt come in 2024/25.

6700 XT 12G is a solid 1080/1440 card.
6800 XT 16G is a superb 1440 card.
At least to that confirms the 6950XT was the right choice rather than waiting.

Associate
So a little wait at least then. Zero chance I’m paying more than MSRP for one of these, maybe a further attempt by AMD to clear remaining last gen stock??

Associate
That's disappointing, but thanks for the update. I'm (im)patiently waiting to get a card in white, and there are so few options out there :/ I've bit the bullet on the cheap 6800 deal elsewhere which will have to tide me over at 1440p, but it'll look grim in a sea of white.

Last edited:
Soldato
The all new RX 7800XT, last gen performance for last gen prices! Buy Now to avoid further disappointment when we revel the MRSP price was in fact the just the launch price.
It's not though is it. We all know the 7800xt is the 6700xt replacement. The 6800xt was $650 not $500. The 6700xt was $480 on release. So really if you add in inflation since the 6700xt released you are actually getting the 6700xt replacement at a very similar price and probably getting a 40%+ bump in performance at this price tier.

If you ask me thats about as good as it gets this gen. We all know the 7900xt is the 6800xt succesor. People need to look by the names on the card and look at what chip is used in them to see what they are really getting. Crap prices are here to stay so in a crappy world getting the Navi 32 class chip nearly at the same price as Navi 22 class was aint to bad compared to whats been released this gen.

Last edited:
Soldato
It's not though is it. We all know the 7800xt is the 6700xt replacement. The 6800xt was $650 not $500. The 6700xt was $480 on release. So really if you add in inflation since the 6700xt released you are actually getting the 6700xt replacement at a very similar price and probably getting a 40%+ bump in performance at this price tier.

If you ask me thats about as good as it gets this gen. We all know the 7900xt is the 6800xt succesor. People need to look by the names on the card and look at what chip is used in them to see what they are really getting. Crap prices are here to stay so in a crappy world getting the Navi 32 class chip nearly at the same price as Navi 22 class was aint to bad compared to whats been released this gen.
But they had months after the RTX4070 launch to make stock. So its no excuse for them not to have stock.

Soldato
Not when it will make more RTX4070 sales. AMD clearly wants to go towards 0% marketshare.

If the reviews are good tomorrow most sensible people will wait. It's worth waiting even if you want the 4070 as Nvidia might give it a price drop.

Yea AMD don't make any sense in there business practices in the Gpu market.

Last edited:
Soldato
If the reviews are good tomorrow most sensible people will wait. It's worth waiting even if you want the 4070 as Nvidia might give it a price drop.

Wait for months more? They are nearly 5 months late already. Starfield is out tommorrow and a huge title. Plenty of people will want a card. AMD is launching it tommorrow for the official launch day.

If AMD CBA,months launching after an RTX4070,to make stock,why wait for months longer? Less stock equals much higher street pricing for the RX7700XT/RX7800T. You can get an RTX4070 for close to £500 now.

So Nvidia will have zero pressure. If they then bundle Phantom Liberty with their cards like they did Diablo 4,then RIP RX7800XT at its £500+ street price,ie,fake RRP price.

They did that fake RRP thing for Vega 56/Vega 64 too. They did it with the RX6700XT so why I ended up with an RTX3060TI FE. Even if Nvidia does things like that,you can get plenty of stock on launch day.

FSR3 won't fully work on RDNA2 either and RDNA3 will have a longer period of driver support too. That will be a factor for people too.

So yet again Another Marketing Disaster. They have no interest in selling cards.

But We ArE nOt ThE bUdGeT bRaNd right?

Last edited:
Soldato
Wait for months more? Starfield is out tommorrow and a huge title. Plenty of people will want a card. AMD is launching it tommorrow for the official launch day.

If AMD CBA,months launching after an RTX4070,to make stock,why wait for months longer? Less stock equals much higher street pricing for the RX7700XT/RX7800T. You can get an RTX4070 for close to £500 now.

So Nvidia will have zero pressure. If they then bundle Phantom Liberty with their cards like they did Diablo 4,then RIP RX7800XT at its £500+ street price,ie,fake RRP price.

They did that fake RRP thing for Vega 56/Vega 64 too. They did it with the RX6700XT so why I ended up with an RTX3060TI FE. Even if Nvidia does things like that,you can plenty of stock on launch day.

FSR3 won't fully work on RDNA2 either and RDNA3 will have a longer period of driver support too.

So yet again Another Marketing Disaster. They have no interest in selling cards.

I would say if you wanted a card for Starfield you most likely already have it. It's an own goal but it's AMD so no surprise there.

We all know and AMD know that if you were going to buy the 4070 you were always going NV any how. If you want a Starfield card better waiting on an AMD card as the 7800xt will massacre the 4070 in that game looking at how it's went in reviews.

Any how my reasons for not considering a 4070 is not enough Vram and not interested in RT atm. Raster is still King in my gaming atm and so is my bank account. I have waited over 2 years for an upgrade like many have, so can wait a little longer or hope a good deal comes in the next week for a 7900xt as am done waiting to see if anything changes.

Last edited:
Associate
It is really odd that after so long it looks like there's a stock shortage. They really have little interest in this market don't they, seems like a token effort which is a shame.

And if it does end up pushing prices up then I (and many others I suspect) may need to reconsider the 4070 or just not bother and see what the next generation brings. Such a frustrating time when you have the money to spend but no one gives you any incentive to give it to them!

Back
Top Bottom