Anybody been struck down with the infamous Norovirus??

Soldato
As figures suggest over 3 million people have come down with the vomiting-bug this winter I was wondering who here has been affected?

I have felt strong & healthy all winter but after onlya few weeks back at uni I find myself blowing chunks and delivering batch loads of bum-gravy...

Thats me confined to my room for a few days... :mad:

Article Linkage: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/7182988.stm

I've been fine all winter. Not had a cold or a virus.

Associate
Apart from slight stomach upset last weekend, mild flu like symptoms monday tuesday and loss of appetite I've been otherwise healthy. Lucky as I was off all this week on holiday and I wouldn't want to waste it being sick!

Associate
My sixth form is a boarding school, and it was raging there like late october ish.
And obviously because of the proximity of eveyone it spread so easily, but luckily I escaped it.

But dear God, some of my friends were awful...

Soldato
I'd rather have man-flu than norovirus again, stinking awful thing to have. Fortunately not had it this year but had it last January when it first hit the UK. Just about everyone in my work had it at the same time though.

Soldato
My daughter has just come home from work early with possible symptoms of the bum gravy disease.

A word of warning. Antibacterial wipes and sprays will not kill it. Only bleach based things will. It's reccommended filling an old spray bottle with 1 tablespoon of bleach and fill it with water to clean your bathroom etc. Bleach does kill it.

Its the dirty ****** that dont wash their hands after wiping their poo chute that pass this stuff around.

Soldato
I think I got a bit of it, coincidentally I'd just got in after having 20 pints of guiness so I suspect I picked it up from someone in the pub - dirty blighters not washing their hands ;)

Soldato
Yeah sounds like what i had early december, felt bad at college, went to work and felt like i was going to keel over, came home, went to bed, barely slept and had nightmares til about 4 in the morning when explosive painful yellow diahorrea ensued and vomiting for about 3 days. By the end I had lovely bleeding piles and a thoat like a bit of glasspaper.

Permabanned
Think I've got it, or food poisoning. Expelled about 5 litres of watery diarrhea. Feel sick, cramps and had the chills for about 30 mins a short while ago. I feel awful. Only just got rid of a flu bug just before Xmas too ffs.

Last edited:
Soldato
I once had the joyful job at Derriford Hospital in Plymouth, of steam cleaning the rooms and beds during an outbreak of Noro. The best part, was managing to getting some sprayed off poop in my mouth. MMMmmmmmm. (I was hired as a temp with some other peeps to clean the hospital).

Last edited:
Soldato
I once had the joyful job at Derriford Hospital in Plymouth, of steam cleaning the rooms and beds during an outbreak of Noro. The best part, was managing to getting some sprayed off poop in my mouth. MMMmmmmmm. (I was hired as a temp with some other peeps to clean the hospital).

I read that swabs of hospital wards even in the corridors the walls are plastered with norovirus as already stated its hard to get rid of its a tough virus. I've had it once and once was enough, awful.

Soldato
I *think* I had Novovirus about 7-8 years ago, (forgot exactly when)

I have a fond memory of sat on the bog, with what can only be described as vegetable oil flying out, whilst at the same time leaning over the sink being sick.

Aside from that I remember very little, it was deeply unpleasant but due to me being in a feverish daze - I don't remember that much more, lol...

Back
Top Bottom