Anyone have parking wars with their neighbours?

Soldato
I wouldn't say I have parking wars, I occasionally have someone park in my designated space though. However, the street parking outside the apartment block can fit 4 cars easily when parked appropriately. But when the bint who lives opposite me in the block parks, she parks so that in essence you can only park another 2 cars. Fine you think.. no, not fine. When the gimp who visits another block parks his car at the same time as the bint, he parks miles away from her, but not far away enough to fit a car. Therefore making 2 cars fit in a 4 car space. Absolute prats, really gets on my nerves, as when I park, I park so that there is space behind me for a car, and space for 2 more infront (if I park directly infront of my apartment that is) - making it easier for visitors etc to park. But unfortunately inconsiderate people like themselves mean that people struggle to find somewhere to park. Grrrrr

Ho hum, can't wait to "not be poor" and have a driveway ;)

Associate
I live on a new housing estate which is not yet finished but I can already see there being parking problems. My side of the street is finished but the other side is currently being built.

Most houses on my side of the street have 2 cars, but only 1 driveway and there is only mine and one other which have space in-front of their property for a second car without parking across the end of the driveway.
Till now everyone has unspoken rules on parking and seem to get on fine, however it will be interesting when the houses across the street are completed as some people do park their cars of the other side of the street.

I've never had parking problems till this evening when I came home from work and found a visitor to next door (who have just moved in 3 weeks ago) had parked on my driveway! :mad:
I blocked them in but before I could get in the house they came out and offered to move and appologised so all is well but was still kind of annoyed that this would happen if I'm out. My driveway is mine, not a visitor space!

Permabanned
I am getting sick of a couple that parks their Ford Ka on one path and the white 4x4 on the other every night, its stupid, they have a drive and dont park on it not only that its hard to get passed walking let alone pushing a pram or wheel chair, people are just inconsiderate.

New build sites just dont accommodate for anything.

Associate
Turning point of the road I live on is usually filled by a couple of vehicles that their owners can't be arsed to park on their own driveways and the land lady of next door never parks on the drive but opposite the driveway. Luckily the lane is big enough to shuffle cars to get them out and worst comes to worst they move them when you go and angrily knock on their doors.

Don't appreciate the gauntlet getting on to the estate, theres usually 4 corsa's and a taxi parked up on the short run on to the estate which is a 90 degree corner and uphill and sod's law means theres always a car coming the other way.

The one that annoys me most is the girlfriends estate, the amount of times I go to the bottom of the estate to leave to head into Stoke and see cars left on the road that would easily be parked on empty driveways is bemusing, especially with the slalom it creates. Why don't people thing about which cars they park on the driveway when they have more than they can fit on their driveway or more often than not park on their driveway rather than abandon their vehicles over a foot away from the nearest curb!? Broadway in Meir is in a better state and that's always got cars parked on both sides practically all the way up!

Soldato
I am getting sick of a couple that parks their Ford Ka on one path and the white 4x4 on the other every night, its stupid, they have a drive and dont park on it not only that its hard to get passed walking let alone pushing a pram or wheel chair, people are just inconsiderate.

New build sites just dont accommodate for anything.

Pretty much every house in my road has a drive, but I reckon probably 5-10% of people actually put their cars on them as they are a bit narrow so it requires a small amount of skill and effort. I can only assume they are mostly stupid or lazy.

Associate
I currently live in a small block of flats and despite the fact that they're all 2 bedroom apartments you only get 1 parking space. There is then 2 'visitor' bays and a coupe of other spots where you can park without getting in peoples way.

As i always get home from work first, I park in on of the 'other' places (the places people would fill up last). This then allows my GF to park in our alloted space. I do this because we are garenteed to be able to park in our own parking space but finding room for the second car might be difficult. So grabbing the spare bay first removes any problems.

No one seems to mind and i'm sure a lot are thinking "why doesnt he park in the visitor spots?" But i'm happy for somone else to take them and i'll only use them if all the other spaces are full.

Soldato
We have one neighbour that gets really annoyed if someone parks in front of his house (on a public street though) and he usually runs out of his house to re-park his car there if they leave.

Another neighbour slashed my tyre when my old car stood on the street for 3 weeks before being sold :mad:

Now we have two parking spots in fron of the house so no ore parking wars for us, thank god.

Soldato
The weird old guy across the road from me seems to think he owns the space outside his house, and has shouted at me for parking there on many occasions.

I argued with him the first time and advised him as long as I have road tax i'll park where I like. I just ignore him now haha.

Associate
My wife came home one lunch time to fine a white van parked on our drive, who were doing work on the house next door. So she block it in and went inside the house. Later that afternoon a knock at the door ask her to move her car. Why she said, I am not going any where !
Well it's blocking our van, they replied, oh that van on my drive you mean, she replied
Needles to say a lot of Apologizing on their part to get their van back, I an not believe them ! ! WTF

Also when I lived in a flat we had 4 communal bays for 4 flats. The bay was an odd triangle shape, so 2 cars can park side by side and another with another one behind it.
So I came home from work to fine all the bays full, expect the bay behind one the cars. So I park there and go into my flat.
Some 3 hours later knock at the door asking me to move my car from some middle aged woman. On walking down the stairs to the car bay the woman then starts lecturing me on why I should not park behind her as she is busy and does not have time for chasing people to move their cars.
So I kindly pointed out the she is only a visitor, not a resident and should be aware that the residents have a right to park on the bays they pay for.
She still kept up the lecture with some strong 4 letter words thrown in for great impact at me.
With that I informed I was going to have a bath and will be some time. So i left her there and went back to my flat.
Within an hour her husband was knocking at my door threatening to drag my car from behind his wife’s car. I informed fine, do you mind if call the police for harassment, threaten behaviour, and criminal damage to my car !
This stop him dead, and then ask very nicely for me to move me car.
I still said no and phoned the police instead.
They never every park there again !
Sweeeet !

Even where I live now there has been parking issue's.
I guess propertie are not built for a home owning more than 1 car.
And why pay thousands for a car to then leave it lying in a danger spot for some to damage !

Soldato
i live in a end terrace house but it has a driveway with room enough for 2 cars. however, his does not stop people parking very tight up to my boundary making getting onto my drive difficult and reducing visibility dangerously.

Don
One of my neighbours once complained about me parking my car on my lawn outside my house (my wife's car was on the drive). Told him to sling his hook. My grass, I'll park on it if I like.

Associate
i live in a end terrace house but it has a driveway with room enough for 2 cars. however, his does not stop people parking very tight up to my boundary making getting onto my drive difficult and reducing visibility dangerously.

My current home is a corner plot and we have the same problem if, no let me change that when our neighbour parks up to the bounary, it causes us problems. As we have a long narrow drive and she has a wide shallow drive, so why does she do it !

When I have spare couple of hours I will note it on her. :mad:

Soldato
One of the issues is that in newly built areas the council limits the number of parking places to 1 or 1,5 per household which leads to a problem from the get-go as nearly every family has 2 cars per household.

I went to visit my niece who had bought a new house and when I came there they were still finishing the area but already there were cars parked on the pavement and grass as all the parking spots were full.

To all councils, limiting the number of parking spots is not going to get people to sell cars.

Back
Top Bottom