• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Anyone just given up on looking for a new GPU?

Caporegime
The rumour going about is nvidia is constraining supply to keep prices high so the next gen pricing doesn't look so bad, so i imagine FE cards are nearing eol
That I can believe. Damn, I swear I might have been able to have got one now if I didn't keep putting my phone on silent and missing the Telegram drops.

I used an app called alertify to notify me of keywords in Telegram notifications, and set it as an alarm to override DND/Silent mode.

Handy - thanks :).

Last edited:

G J

G J

Associate
Hmm I may start to look for a second hand card again soon but it seems everything around a 970 and below hasnt really changed in price at all the last 6+ months.

Seems it going to take a mass sell off of cards by miners to really drive prices back down again. :(

Associate
I've been watching the scalpers for a while, and I think the people who were going to buy at those inflated prices have got what they want now, for the most part. Most FE cards being sold by scalpers have been up for 4-12 weeks; even after multiple price drops in some cases. I imagine they'll always get their investment back however this all shakes out (although I'd say there's a risk they don't), but I wish they'd give up the ghost. It just feels spiteful at this point. Just recoup your losses and let people have nice things.

It has been slowing down for a few months now i think there is a limit on punters are now going to pay. There has been a lot of sold cards that seem to get relisted again every second week same sellers. and Nvidia FE drops do not come that often.

Associate
It was £1050 for a 3080TI, did I want to spend that? Not really, I had budgeted for £650 twelve months ago but haven't been able to buy one and the 3080's aren't looking like they are coming back so I moved on. I've not upgraded my pc since 2010 and my current GPU is a 980TI from 2015.

All in I've spent close to £3k including a 38" Alienware monitor but as above it's not much spread over a 12 year period, that's how I justified it lol.

Nothing is cheap anymore, had to buy a washing machine yesterday after the one we had died on Saturday after 15 years, that was £800

On a washing machine :eek::eek::eek:

My last one just 3 months back was £200:cry::cry: Does yours have ray tracing or something :cry:

Soldato
On a washing machine :eek::eek::eek:

My last one just 3 months back was £200:cry::cry: Does yours have ray tracing or something :cry:

Its a Bosch so probably :p Without derailing its integrated so you want something that will last a long time, as I said the previous Neff one (Neff / Siemens / Bosch are all the same) lasted 15 years do its only a little over £50 PA.

Soldato
I literally cannot believe that some of the in stock models on ocuk are now as much as £2999, that's insane... That's the most I've ever seen them, last time I looked they were hovering around 2300-2500..

Caporegime
The rumour going about is nvidia is constraining supply to keep prices high so the next gen pricing doesn't look so bad, so i imagine FE cards are nearing eol
The Ti launch within a few months of the main launch was nothing but a reaction to the prices people were paying for the cards and nvidia realising they’d majorly underpriced their original launch. That’s why supply seemed to dry up and why stock 3070’s and 3080’s are as good as end of life and discontinued. The Ti cards are basically pre-scalped for your convenience. And I paid £800 for my 3080!

Associate
The Ti launch within a few months of the main launch was nothing but a reaction to the prices people were paying for the cards and nvidia realising they’d majorly underpriced their original launch. That’s why supply seemed to dry up and why stock 3070’s and 3080’s are as good as end of life and discontinued. The Ti cards are basically pre-scalped for your convenience. And I paid £800 for my 3080!

Little correction; They didn't realise they had underpriced, they realised they could OVERPRICE.

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
The mind trick had already been played. If you cant see it then you never will.

Jensen convinced people the 3080 was a bargain, by "discounting" the flagship to appear cheap because the previous gen had 2080Ti's for £1200. So people flocked at getting better than 2080Ti performance for £649.

The prices of all the cards has been creeping up since Pascal.

Soldato
The mind trick had already been played. If you cant see it then you never will.

Jensen convinced people the 3080 was a bargain, by "discounting" the flagship to appear cheap because the previous gen had 2080Ti's for £1200. So people flocked at getting better than 2080Ti performance for £649.

The prices of all the cards has been creeping up since Pascal.

The price / performance ratio of the 3080 FE is on the trajectory of Pascal and the architectures before it. Turing's virtually non-existent performance bump for previous price points was the oddball.

Covid and crypto blew up normal market forces this gen though and buyers have gotten into a bidding war with each other.

When GPU's can print money, demand can't be satisfied.

Soldato
I wasn't really looking tbh, got lucky buying in towards the end of the previous generation and the 5700XT I have pretty much deals with everything I throw at it as a 1440p gamer at High/Ultra settings and 60fps+ Cyberpunk 2077 is still the exception where a couple of things need to go to medium to hit the 60fps minimum. I'm a bit tempted to take it down to CeX and swap it for a voucher, that would be an upgrade to 6700XT for 88 quid which seems sort of okay, a lot of faff and near a hundred quid for a 20-30% upgrade tho - also doesn't sit right as I normally just pass old GPU's down to friends and family gratis.

Associate
What a time for my 1080ti to die. :/

I guess my life is now stalking FE drops on Discord/telegram, forking out like £800-900 for a 3070ti or getting stupidly lucky and beating 100,0000 bots for a non stupidly priced card.

Euurgh

Associate
What a time for my 1080ti to die. :/

I guess my life is now stalking FE drops on Discord/telegram, forking out like £800-900 for a 3070ti or getting stupidly lucky and beating 100,0000 bots for a non stupidly priced card.

Euurgh

Time to give up PC gaming and write that novel/learn to shred/take up golf :cry::p

Associate
Think I'd rather fork out the ££££ than get a console lol

Ah well by the looks of things a 3080ti shouldn't be too hard to get from a drop.

Back
Top Bottom