Anyone shop at Aldi?

Soldato
Enjoy it while you can because in less than a decade I reckon you're going to really struggle to find anymore independent shops :(
It's happened all across America and the supermarkets here (Asda, Tesco, Sainsburys ..etc) have already started to kill off the independent high street shops :mad:
I'm fully aware of this, it's one of the many reasons I support my local economy, luckily my butcher and fishmonger are thriving.

I have to drive to the bakery and fishmongers and they're struggling.

Most british people just do not assign enough value to food sadly. They just want ready meals and take aways and if they do cook not very much care or attention goes into it.

What always amazes me is they buy so much then throw so much away.

I'm surprised by the Asda comments, our local Asda is alright, it is big and quite new though. It's also ok for bulk shops, as is our Tesco.

Only reason I go to asda is to go bad tattoo spotting.

All the scummers shop in Asda round here :D

Last edited:
Soldato
I find that own brand goods from many of the supermarkets can be great as mentioned above - a lot of the time they don't have tonnes of E numbers, MSG and the like added to them.

Not entirely sure if it is true, but I was told by someone heavily involved in a well known supermarket that a lot of own brand goods are actualy branded goods relabelled as own brand.

Soldato
Not entirely sure if it is true, but I was told by someone heavily involved in a well known supermarket that a lot of own brand goods are actualy branded goods relabelled as own brand.

This is probably true in some cases but compare, for example, Tesco's own brand Nachos to Doritos. The difference in the ingredients list is staggering. :eek: The Tescos ones are nice, too. :D

Soldato
Never shopped at Aldi, but Lidl's own brand cola (the diet one at least) takes exactly like Diet Coke but are 39p for a 2l bottle, shows you much how much profit these soft drink companies make.

Soldato
Never shopped at Aldi, but Lidl's own brand cola (the diet one at least) takes exactly like Diet Coke but are 39p for a 2l bottle, shows you much how much profit these soft drink companies make.

and the diet lemonade is 17p for a 2L bottle;)

I' in lidl on a regular basis, the lasagnes are absolutely amazing, as are the cookies from the bakery

Permabanned
OP
Urgh, aren't poor people just disgusting?
No, but in my experience they have no respect for other peoples things because they are either jealous/envious or they simply don't know the meaning of value so they don't treat their posessions (cars) with the same care that rich people do.

Hence you see poor people driving vauxhall vectra mk1's with all of the doors caved in from opening them into other peoples Audis.

Hence parking in two bays!

Permabanned
OP
[TW]Fox;26614590 said:
Or the bright sunshine you'll find if you were to visit any of them right now.
I was there then, at 8pm, when it was foggy and drizzly, and later showed me how ineffective my current Bosch Aerotwins are.

Soldato
No, but in my experience they have no respect for other peoples things because they are either jealous/envious or they simply don't know the meaning of value so they don't treat their posessions (cars) with the same care that rich people do.

Hence you see poor people driving vauxhall vectra mk1's with all of the doors caved in from opening them into other peoples Audis.

Is this member for real or what?

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

To answer the OP...

No one. No one shops at Aldi, and no one will ever shop at Aldi.

:p

Soldato
Really depends on what you buy to whether you make a saving or not. I had a lidl store local to me when I lived in barnsley last year and that was very cheap for bread, cheese, veg and fruit, yet the coffee prices where far more expensive than asdas offers at the time. Its annoying because to get the best prices, you need to basically do 2 separate shops for different items to ensure those real savings to your bank balance.

Tesco and asda are truly terrible at fake savings though, where they show an own brand product with 33% extra or something in for £2, then put the normal ones on the bottom shelf which are £1 each or something equally retarded, giving you more product for the same price anyway. Really winds me up, regardless of which supermarket does it.

Soldato
How does that work?
If they open their car doors into other cars then the other cars get caved in!

Mk1 vectras you say? Lucky you aren't driving them I guess or they'd be a classic by now with your tendency to repeatedly dunk cars in water until they die!

If your car is that special it deserves two spaces in lidl/aldi perhaps you should pay the extra and park in tesco .... Or better yet shop online and get it delivered! The rain season is fast approaching!

Soldato

What absolute twaddle.

The reason they drive old clunkers is because they can't afford to buy new fancy cars. By parking accross two spaces they are going to go out of the way to vandalise your car to teach you a lesson for being an arse with a superiority complex.

Rich people arguably give less of a **** about things, because if something does go wrong they can pay for it. And to say they look after things is just absurd, I've seen all manner of high end car killed by owner neglect.

There's a nearly new XC90 down my road with frigging ditchfinders on two of the rims and paintwork covered in swirlmarks, most "rich" people don't know how to look after things.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom