Anyone Using an Asus DSL-AC68U

Soldato
its been posted out today :D lol

yeah its the DSL version there like £199 on ocuk and £179 on one other place

so £158 + Free first class delivery is a steal :)

reebok5413 (2178
he stil has 2 left :D

99.6% postitive feeback red star user :D

cant wait to give this router a try also it has in built SNR tweaking ability :D

Soldato
No, u are wrong! SNR tweak cannot do it on FTTC! Only on ADSL2+ but not FTTC. It will not work!

Openreach SIN 498 FTTC DLM section specifically says it should not be tweaked. (At the time I tried, it didn't).

Note : It is the DLM system that sets the line profile, and this should not be interfered with by CPs/users setting rates, SNR margins etc. at the modem.

Last edited:

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
No, u are wrong! SNR tweak cannot do it on FTTC! Only on ADSL2+ but not FTTC. It will not work!

Openreach SIN 498 FTTC DLM section specifically says it should not be tweaked. (At the time I tried, it didn't).

Note : It is the DLM system that sets the line profile, and this should not be interfered with by CPs/users setting rates, SNR margins etc. at the modem.

Are you saying that it does or doesnt work? I am guessing english isnt your first language :p

I think you are saying that you cannot tweak it, which is what i said, and what i thought......

Soldato
well guys my DSL _ AC68U arrived :) brand spanking new :D

though i have been testing it for a bit and it does not seem to be as good as the netgear dgnd 3300v2 that i had on my line.

i could sync @ 23541 but with this router i can only sync @ 20477 using SNR tweak -1 giving me a SNR of around 1.1-2.0 out of default 6.0 i have the latest firware installed aswell.

seems this router is best suited to people with longer lines.... so far though no issues with stability but the max i can get SNR with it is around 3.0-4.0 with 3 enabled for snr if i select 1 it defaults to 5.0 snr... ohh well i only have to put up with this until my fibre gets enabled on the 14th :)
also the UI keeps freezing on me i have to keep refreshing the page lol, it gets a bit annoying also.

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
I think most people are buying these for use with VDSL, if anyone has any further comparisons of this modem vs the openreach supplied models it would make interesting reading :)

Associate
I think most people are buying these for use with VDSL, if anyone has any further comparisons of this modem vs the openreach supplied models it would make interesting reading :)

In a nutshell - the OR modems are a better bet. Sure you end up with two devices being powered, but at least they're tested and stable. Each time I have tried the DSL-AC68U, I've ended up seeing lots of CRC errors and interleaving has been enabled by DLM. Return to the OR modem and a few days later interleaving is removed.

I have the ECI modem and the cabinet is also ECI, other people may have less issues if their cabinets are the Huawei one as this may be more compatible with the modem chipset in the DSL-AC68U.

Soldato
fixed my issue :)
got my original SYNC back with 0.0db SNR :)

------------------------------------

7Cre5iU.png

granted there is a little bit of crc erroring but that was the same on my netgear and it performed awesomely :)

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
In a nutshell - the OR modems are a better bet. Sure you end up with two devices being powered, but at least they're tested and stable. Each time I have tried the DSL-AC68U, I've ended up seeing lots of CRC errors and interleaving has been enabled by DLM. Return to the OR modem and a few days later interleaving is removed.

I have the ECI modem and the cabinet is also ECI, other people may have less issues if their cabinets are the Huawei one as this may be more compatible with the modem chipset in the DSL-AC68U.

Seems a total waste of time then :) When we finally get FTTC enabled i will just go with an OR HG612 modem (already sourced and unlocked) to match the huawei cabinet which is sat there dormant from months ago :)(). Then i can simply connect that to my regular existing routing/switching.

Back
Top Bottom