Anyone using Wegovy?

Caporegime
My GF uses Wegovy. Been using it for 6 months, she's lost 24 lbs. I'm in good shape very health concious and luckily have a lot of determination to stay lean and fit. She on the other hand has been trying to lose weight since I met her 20 years and this is the only thing working for her.

She knows what she needs to do to lose weight but she never sticks to eat.

Wegovy halts her cravings and makes her feel full really quick.

We have already talked about the exit strategy and this will be calorie counting with an app and weighing herself weekly.

I think it's a great thing for some people. Not everyone can follow a restrictive calorie intake and push themselves to keep fit. We all have our vices. Good luck OP.

The hardest thing is to fight the cravings, the feeling of hunger is a strong feeling that I too gave into far too easily too often and my weight slowly creep back up.

The things I’ve learn is my portion size is often too big, too much pasta (easily another 300 cal), a packet of crisps (200cal) between meals, dessert after dinner (400 cal). If 3500 cal = 1lb of fat then 4 times a week doing that will put 1lb on.

When I lost 4 stones last time, when I got really hungry what went through my mind was that “The POW didn’t have as much food as I have, I have no right to feel hungry” or something morbid like that. All I need to do is last until next meal and then bed time. Also keeping myself occupied and distract my mind.

Some days when I’m out taking photos I would accidentally skip a meal but not feel hungry. So perhaps hunger is a state of mind too and I am not actually in need of the calories. It’s so easily eat half a day’s calories in a basic Tesco meal deal, sandwich 500 cal, crisps 200 cal, smoothie or pop 200cal. That’s 900 cal and honestly, it’s not really that much food for 900 cal and I would be hungry couple hours after.

Now I’m back on the wagon, the one thing I remember is how much more attention I pay towards what I’m eating now, it is so easy to go over the daily required amount by eating what I considered normal portion sizes.

Associate
Be keen to hear your first hand thoughts on it as you go OP.

No doubt the suppressant aspect works and leads to good news on the scale. From the odd podcasts(Williamson/huberman/Rogan) I've heard them discuss there's a pattern of being cautious around muscle loss, due to insufficient protein intake, over the longer term.

The drug is still new,findings will continue to happen, possibly evolutions of therapy or drug variants still to come so even if what they've said is bro science it's never a bad thing to be mindful of protein intake. A 2 scoop protein drink once a day will get you most the way there then let the suppressant do it's work.

good luck

Soldato
No, I am using 1/5th a packet, 50g each to cook each steak to bast. I did write (use 50g each meal)

As for 8oz isn't 615 calories...

If I check MyFitnessPal, it gives a massive range, and funny that the lowest 2 are from both from ASDA. less than 200 calories from a steak..I wish it was.

Its the fat content pushing it up, those steaks are going to make a severe dent in your wallet if you are eating them so much.

All the supermarket steaks are trimmed of fat, this is why.

I am giving a lot of leeway in terms of "not all calories are the same", but I also know that no matter how true that is, there is no way that 3000 calories of steak, cheese and dairy is not going to make me fat. That sentence can only go so far. Which honestly, 3000 cal is easily achieved with meat and dairy as they are high calorie foods.

There is also the part of me that feel we all have to follow the laws of physics, which is energy cannot be created or destroyed, only can be converted. So if those calories are not burn off in terms of exercise or pooped out, it is going to go somewhere, and that is my belly.

Let me start from the beginning to sum up.

You of course need to maintain a kcal deficient, i am not denying those physics.

Its easy to achieve a deficient by eating those foods, proteins/fats make you more full vs carbs, as i mentioned i doubt you can manage 3000kcal.

The nutritional value of the food is the highest it can be, there is no useless kcal added, like if you eat potatoes or pasta or rice or the worst of all, sugar and snacks.

Even in high kcal deficit , your nutrition will be great, you will have enough proteins and enough fat for your bodies needs, you will not lose muscle or other tissues you will just lose fat.

Perhaps you have an extreme appetite and, are extremely sedentary, i work like 60 hours a week, keep that in mind, although i do absolutely no exercise that is not work, or walking to work etc.

You might need to add some will power and eat a bit less then, instead of all you can like me

There are many other things all of which come together.

The hardest thing is to fight the cravings, the feeling of hunger is a strong feeling that I too gave into far too easily too often and my weight slowly creep back up.

The things I’ve learn is my portion size is often too big, too much pasta (easily another 300 cal), a packet of crisps (200cal) between meals, dessert after dinner (400 cal). If 3500 cal = 1lb of fat then 4 times a week doing that will put 1lb on.

When I lost 4 stones last time, when I got really hungry what went through my mind was that “The POW didn’t have as much food as I have, I have no right to feel hungry” or something morbid like that. All I need to do is last until next meal and then bed time. Also keeping myself occupied and distract my mind.

Some days when I’m out taking photos I would accidentally skip a meal but not feel hungry. So perhaps hunger is a state of mind too and I am not actually in need of the calories. It’s so easily eat half a day’s calories in a basic Tesco meal deal, sandwich 500 cal, crisps 200 cal, smoothie or pop 200cal. That’s 900 cal and honestly, it’s not really that much food for 900 cal and I would be hungry couple hours after.

Now I’m back on the wagon, the one thing I remember is how much more attention I pay towards what I’m eating now, it is so easy to go over the daily required amount by eating what I considered normal portion sizes.

We can go the other way, for example, why are you eating a packet of crisps? What nutrients are there? Its just 200kcal to get fatter, same for pasta, same for dessert?

Once you eliminate that, you basically end up on meat and eggs, i guess you can throw in various non-carb vegetables if you want.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Well, it would if you did it right.

If it has been going on so long, have you determined what your BMR is?

Once you know that, make sure you are eating 500 more calories a day than your BMR (more if you exercise) and you will gain weight... Saying that you eat more calories than you burn and cannot gain weight is just wrong.
My bmi is 17.4

Soldato
I've got 4 sirloins in the fridge, one each tomorrow and one each on Friday. Nice pepper & mushroom sauce, absolutely glorious.

No I can't see my wang.
Is this one of those math puzzles ? If Diddums starts with 4 steaks and has one on Tuesday and one on Friday how many does he have left ?

Caporegime
OK, maybe to give you a different point of view:
This is my garmin history since October 2023:
Activities84
Total Distance884.53 km
Total Activity Time61:02:28 h:m:s
Activity Calories28,198
Total Ascent2,646 m
Average Speed14.5 kph
Average Heart Rate134 bpm
Average Run Cadence83 spm
Average Bike Cadence79 rpm

I have cut out refined carbs, I am intermittent fasting (16:8) and am restricting snacking as much as I can. My resting heart rate has dropped from 80s to high 60s. My BP is dropping.

I have dropped only 2kg since then.

Would love to know what else you think you should try before I resort to the health service that my NI and tax pays for?

I've done that activity in two months, also IF whilst putting on weight :p

Back
Top Bottom