• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***** AORUS DID NOT INVENT THE GRAPHICS CARD, THEY PERFECTED IT! RTX 2000 SERIES!! *****

Associate
So first time I played Hitman 2 for about 1 hour 45mins no problem.

Went to play again next day CTD after 10mins. Did not try again.

Just tried it, CTD after 5mins. Restarted it - BSoD after 5mins "Kernal security check failure"

I think im going to do a fresh install of Windows, although I cant see that fixing it as the 980ti never crashed!

Associate
No, perhaps I should try that first - I have just put Windows on a USB stick so its ready to go.

What are your setting at now in afterburner?

Associate
Tried a -150 core clock resulting in about 1780 boost clocks ( the advertised speed) crashed to desktop after 5mins lol.

Getting a bit silly now, will try a re-install on windows and if no better get in touch with OCUK see what they say.

Caporegime
If the card isn't working at the factory settings just send them back. They had the same issues on some of the 1080 xtreme cards with the factory overclock not working.

Soldato
If the card isn't working at the factory settings just send them back. They had the same issues on some of the 1080 xtreme cards with the factory overclock not working.

I’ve already done the RMA thing don’t want to go though it again.

Don’t format windows yet seanyc5 try lowering your clocks first.

I’m happy now with my card it seems stable not a crashes for about 3 weeks now and I’m future proof for another 3 years .next thing might be. 5 gig bundle next year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Associate
I already formatted, only takes 20mins with usb 3 stick. Played 20mins no crash. I already tried a -150 underclock and it still crashed, if you are having to underclock your card to be stable thats silly.

I know you have already been told its fine by OCUK but having to underclock is not something you should have to do!

I just put steam,chrome and gfx driver updated windows fully. Will go and grab any updated chipset drivers etc now

Soldato
Mate this has been a real hassle for me tbh but the card isnt underclocked buy much it’s stable I’m thinking now this whea uncorrectable error is maybe from a OC gpu played Crysis 3 for abit last nite and never missed a beat .

Last edited:
Associate
That seems like a hugle underclock. Also am I one of the lucky ones still yet to have any issues?

Yeah theres no way im underclocking. Well since formatting - It seems Hitman 2 would insta CTD the next time I booted 3 times in a row!!

I chose the previous level to see if it was the same and it was fine, played for a good while with some of the online stuff all ok. Reloaded the 3rd level (was insta crashing even after format) and it now seems to run just fine?? Stock GPU settings.

I got Forza Horizon 4 and Fallout 76 the other day - Played Fallout for an hour no problems (aside from the odd stutter but I assume thats the game), just played FH4 for about 1.30min now problems ran like butter.

I was watching a youtube vid off hitman2 and his just CTD on him as well, so it could just be the game!

I will leave GPU at stock for a while and if no crashes but my OC back on.

Thanks,
Sean

Associate
Yeah theres no way im underclocking. Well since formatting - It seems Hitman 2 would insta CTD the next time I booted 3 times in a row!!

I chose the previous level to see if it was the same and it was fine, played for a good while with some of the online stuff all ok. Reloaded the 3rd level (was insta crashing even after format) and it now seems to run just fine?? Stock GPU settings.

I got Forza Horizon 4 and Fallout 76 the other day - Played Fallout for an hour no problems (aside from the odd stutter but I assume thats the game), just played FH4 for about 1.30min now problems ran like butter.

I was watching a youtube vid off hitman2 and his just CTD on him as well, so it could just be the game!

I will leave GPU at stock for a while and if no crashes but my OC back on.

Thanks,
Sean

Haven't really followed this thread for a while so haven't read much about your issues but Hitman 2 CTDs were pretty common for the first few weeks post launch. Can't say I've had one for a while now.

Associate
Yeah same with SOTTR from what I have seen. Nearly every new game has had crashes at some point though, cant all be the game its self can it?!?

Is your card Overclocked at all?

Back
Top Bottom