1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

***** AORUS DID NOT INVENT THE GRAPHICS CARD, THEY PERFECTED IT! RTX 2000 SERIES!! *****

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by Gibbo, Oct 17, 2018.

1. scubes

Wise Guy

Feel sorry for the chap that spent £1600 on a water cooled one for to die 2 weeks into use.

2. scubes

Wise Guy

I feel sorry for the chap that spent£1600 on the watercooled one for to go after 2weeks.

3. scubes

Wise Guy

Just received a rma email about my card testing can take 3 to 5 days.:(

Last edited: Jan 15, 2019
  4. scubes

Wise Guy

My old 970 stable as a rock no issues at all.

5. Jammouk

Associate

These RTX 20** megabuck GFX cards are suposidly based on a Turing design (I presume they mean the WII decoder Alan Turing?). Surely a system based on a seventy year old plus design can't be valid in this day and age? And if so... why has it taken seventy years to catch up with Turing (RIP)? Something not adding up here... I think I will pass.

6. Gerard

Caporegime

Umm :eek:

7. spikeot

Gangster

I was told that, but got an email the next day confirming testing was complete. I think they're just managing expectations in case they're busy. Given the content of this thread, I think it'll have their attention asap!

8. Jammouk

Associate

Alan Turing could have broken the Enigma code in that time... and of course that was with a valve (tube) based computing machine!

9. Damis_

Gangster

I've now been having my computer turn completely off at random for the past week. I have no other GPU to test whether it's the cause. Not sure if it's the power supply or the PSU either.

God this is frustrating I can't play or do anything.

10. Jed78

Associate

Have you looked in your event viewer for any clues?

11. Damis_

Gangster

Nothing there, only error 41 for sudden power loss.

12. Jed78

Associate

It could possibly be your power supply. What psu do you have? I'm no expert but I'm sure you would have other faults or errors if it's your GPU. I certainty did :(

13. Damis_

Gangster

1000W G2

And I was thinking power supply too. Problem with RMAing is I'd have no computer in the mean time so may as well replace outright.

14. Jed78

Associate

Well that's a well capable psu. Do you not have a friend with a pc you can test card in? If your computer is just shutting down with no blue screen or errors, i'd be inclined to think it may be the power supply. I had to rma my card. However I had a whole host of issues. I thought it might have been my psu which I replaced even though I thought it was the gpu. I checked my ram which seemed fine. I had lots of errors in event viewer, games would freeze and crash and then finally I got artefacts on screen.

15. Damis_

Gangster

Yeah I think I've peaked at maybe 550-600W total power draw under very heavy load. Called EVGA, they recommended turning off the Asus Anti surge protection (couldn't find it in the bios) and removing my fans as they're molex to sata powered. One of my thermaltake fan controllers isn't detected in the sofrware so potentially a cause for an issue there. Going to detach it tomorrow and test.

I just hope it's not the motherboard or GPU. PSU is fine as I can get an advanced RMA from EVGA. The EVGA rep did seem to think it's PSU related though since I only get error 41 and it happens under load and at idle.

16. scubes

Wise Guy

17. Damis_

Gangster

3 years. The computer just turns off completely so I'm inclined to think it's the PSU and not the GPU.

18. Kelt

Sgarrista

Error 41 can be down to any number of reasons, including hardware or software.

19. scubes

Wise Guy

Yeah it’s seems to be psu related I think myself mine would black screen.really annoying but OCUK have sent me a replacement card a zotac 2080ti amp these arous cards are not stable I wasn’t the only one with problems.

20. Damis_

Gangster

I'll wipe the drivers but everything seems to suggest the PSU.