Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by Gibbo, Oct 17, 2018.
@seanyc5 did you send your card back for rma yet?
No mate not had chance been crazy busy, you get 28 days though. Working all weekend as well. Hopefully get it sent towards the end of the week.
I have managed to catch a Hitman 2 crash to desktop after about 30seconds and might try and catch a few more.
How you getting on heard anything back?
What card is it? Mine did this but straight after it loaded into windows and at desktop. I thought PSU but swapped out my 2080Ti for my old 980Ti after the 2080Ti died on me and not had any of them power off then boot to desktop then off again etc etc.
Mine will be with OCUK on Monday. I hope by the end of the week it’ll be sorted as I’m wanting to use my pc to its full potential.
mines was shipped on Thursday or Friday will be with me the 21 jan not a single crash blackscreen stable as a rock with my old 970.
yes mate they have replaced mine wanted a msi ventus but got a zotac 2080ti be with me next week ..
How come you couldnt choose? you could of paid the difference in price I assume if there was one?
Ventus was out of stock.
there was no msi ventus in stock mate so opted for a zotac my 970 is a zotac.
Aorus Xtreme. I'm RMAing the PSU first of all and then take it from there, I have a feeling it's the GPU though. It happens at idle and under load but quicker when the GPU is under load.
Up in price another £60.
That's to cover all the RMAs
it just works !
It just borks!
I was fortunate to have a spare 1000w superflower platinum PSU to hand so swapped that for my also two week old Corsair RM1000i and still had the same issues so knew it was my GPU then
Honestly, after having gone through 3 of these cards, i can now tell everyone with 100% confidence to stay away from this card and buy something better in build quality.
1) they all exhibit coil whine to certain degree, some ranging from bad and others are tolerable. I love the excuses these companies make about coil whine, now they try and make us consumer accept this as part of owning graphics cards, like the exhaust on a car. No, this is just cheap components and quality control.
2) very bad build quality of the plastic, has sever discolouration around the edges from the moulding process. They all had this to varying degrees, a really bad quality plastic has been used.
3) variation in the intensity of led on the fans. So if you look straight on they look same brightness, but look at them off angle then one of the fans or all or just 2 of them, depends on the card, will become dimmer to view. Very strange thing and have noticed it on all the cards but some suffer really badly.
4) Horrible cards when it comes to cooling, they forgot about this when building the card. The heat sink should be on a 2080 not a 2080TI. Honestly some 2080 from other brands have better cooling capacity then this card.
5) Lets not forgot the Horrible software. All the cards would forget their presets on the LED. They would randomly reset or after a shut down forget their preset colour or patters and also during gaming they would all randomly shutdown and start up in a different pattern or colour, usually reset bad to solid red. They would do this during game play and cause a brief stutter. They would do this every 6-7 times a day depending on how long i left computer on.
I was going to say shame on all these youtube reviewers who do the worst job reviewing cards, but its likely they got cherry picked samples. So shame on Gigabyte for making such a turd of a card and wasting both my time and ocuk time.
in short, it looks great on videos and you cant see any of these problems in videos but they exists. Normally i am not so fussy about cards but this card is the worst card i have ever bought in 20+ years of buying cards. Part of this cards appeal and selling point was its aesthetics and LED, they did not get this right and I don't see the point of paying for something that does not delivery on its promise.
gigabyte quality has really dropped, just not what they were 10 years ago. Buy EVGA and never look back. Such a shame, they were easily my favourite company, well used to be. Nearly 90% of my boards and graphics cards used to be Gigabyte. I still have my 6990 and 6970 still going strong till this day. The good old days when companies did not try to make their customer believe in coil whine is acceptable. I have also experience the same with ASUS recently they quality is not what it used to be.
just wanted to say BIG THANKS to OVERCLOCKERS customer service department for their excellent service. That is why i buy nearly all my equipment from here.
^ it's not had good reviews really either, its at best an average card with a couple of led's slapped onto it. The pricing on it is hilarious as well, nearly £1500 for a card that's easily beaten in thermals and acoustics by cards much cheaper.
i suppose you are correct but I hope overclockers removes this card from sale or at the very least they should drop the price of it. It should be at best a £950-£1000 card. Its not worth any more than that.
After (OCUK) claiming it was the best thing since sliced bread without any evidence they've done a runner, miss-selling IMO. Very very poor customer service, and then they have the temerity to increase the price of this not fit for purpose POS, this just goes to show all they care about is your getting your money.
Separate names with a comma.