1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

***** AORUS DID NOT INVENT THE GRAPHICS CARD, THEY PERFECTED IT! RTX 2000 SERIES!! *****

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by Gibbo, Oct 17, 2018.

1. Darujhistan

Mobster

RTX series when it comes to coolers has pretty much just being a rinse and repeat of what we had on Pascal, of course that is not always an issue as many of the 1000 series coolers were and are superb, but what Gigabyte have done with their Aorus brand is really something special, instead of me trying to educate you all I would highly recommend you watch this short video clip from Gigabyte:

Now for me, this is exciting, Aorus have totally re-invented their coolers and they have also re-invented the RGB and lighting effects, of course there will always be people who dislike RGB and the whole LED effects etc. but hey Gigabyte also sell great looking 2000 series cards with all black coolers like the WindForce and Gaming for those of you who don't want all the glitz and jazz inside their PC's.

Absolute cobblers from start to finish, clearly OCUK never even tested these cards. I hope people have read this thread and don't fall prey to any more of this marketing BS in future.

2. Parkinson1NX

Gangster

Well my RMA has been received today on my Auros Xtreme Waterforce AIO so here’s to hoping it goes smoothly. I’m pretty certain (unfortunately) I won’t be getting another gigabyte/Aorus card.

3. scubes

Wise Guy

well I got my new card in THIS CARD IS FAR FAR FAR COOLER THAN THE AROUS. so far so good..

4. scubes

Wise Guy

temps that were in the high 80s with the arous ive never seen it hit over 59 on the zotac..

5. Gerard

Caporegime

Goes to show the aorus is a total pos.

6. Gabbatek

Wise Guy

i was going to get this but i'm holding off hoping they produce something better, otherwise i might have to get another evga and their software sucks too.

7. Parkinson1NX

Gangster

What card did you get in the end @scubes

8. scubes

Wise Guy

I got a zotac amp 2080ti mate.

9. subbytna

Sgarrista

Zotac have really upped their game in the last 10 years.

10. subbytna

Sgarrista

11. Parkinson1NX

Gangster

What’s it like mate? Regarding coil whine etc?

12. scubes

Wise Guy

I have a big side fan to keep the card cool I don’t hear coil wine tbh.

13. Gerard

Caporegime

The baseline for price just keeps getting bumped up with every release =/

14. kazuya1337

Gangster

They were hardly bumped up this gen, 70-80% increase but we got RTX which doesn't run very well on these cards and hardly any game uses or plans to use.

15. scubes

Wise Guy

I have to admit OcUK have been exellent with my RMA thank you.so anyone returning a card need not to worry they will sort you .. tbh I’m never gonna touch anything gigabyte again shoulda got a zotac from the start .

16. scubes

Wise Guy

There is probably more going on with these card than nvidia is letting on I’m on my 2nd card now (not OcUK fault) but the rma rate is probably a problem than they are talking about.

17. AMDPower

Wise Guy

I have to agree OCUK have been nothing short of amazing, very helpful.

18. seanyc5

Hitman

Im hoping to get mine sent out soon, I have been mad busy all week. Another driver update has come as well, games still crashing. Ive given up trying now to be honest, I did manage to catch Hitman2 crashing to desktop after 30seconds on my phone as some 'proof' as scubes did. Glad you finally got yours sorted, just hope they don't initally reject mine as they did with you!

19. scubes

Wise Guy

If your card is faulty they should replace it thank god I got that video of it black screening.im glad the rma process is done sitting with out my card wasn’t the same playing all my games at 4K is the dogs balls .pc wasn’t the same .

20. scubes

Wise Guy

And