Apex Legends BR

Soldato
The fact it IS working correctly is what people are moaning about. Loads of people on Reddit are moaning that they can't have 6 or 10 kill games or 2k damage games and 3-4 wins a night anymore as they're paired with 'pre-made sweaty squads with comms' and they get murdered in short order. What they're really complaining about, although they'll deny it, is they can't stomp a public server with lower level players any more and they have to work harder and smarter and they refuse to improve, adapt and make themselves better players.
You see the same thing on the Modern warfare subreddit. I think every second post is on how game breaking it is becuase they don't have a 5kdr anymore.

On a positive note for myself, I haven't changed any undervolt settings yet but not had a single crash all night. Strange!! I initially fired up it to slowly lower until I thought it would be stable but it has been solid all evening.

Soldato
Theres a few issues with this.

If I wanted to play sweaty I play ranked. The grind to diamond was intense and quite frankly I needed a break afterwards. Casual was chilled. I would still die with 0 kills and sometimes get 5 kills. Point is I could join and relax. I could play solo anytime.

As mentioned sbmm is aimed at the average player. The low percentage of players who are above average get put together. Because the pool is small the wait is longer and diamonds and preds get put together. These include pros and people grinding for tournaments. The games are harder than ranked. How is that "working"???

They're harder because I'm soloing against premade pred/diamond squads. If I wanted to play with a team, lock down tactics,and play sweaty I would play ranked. I improved as a result but its intense!

I'll give you an example from last night. Played casual few games. Kills 0 0 2 0 1 0, each dying within first 5mins , last game I got owned by #1700 in the world. CASUAL.

Changed to ranked. Kills 1 2 2 , 2nd place x2 RANKED.

How is this working lol!

Soldato
Also remember it also means if I want to play casual with a few of my less serious mates - surprise butt sex !!! Welcome to diamond/pred league !!!!

Last edited:
Associate
The fact it IS working correctly is what people are moaning about. Loads of people on Reddit are moaning that they can't have 6 or 10 kill games or 2k damage games and 3-4 wins a night anymore as they're paired with 'pre-made sweaty squads with comms' and they get murdered in short order. What they're really complaining about, although they'll deny it, is they can't stomp a public server with lower level players any more and they have to work harder and smarter and they refuse to improve, adapt and make themselves better players.

But is pairing 2 low ranked players together against a sweaty Pred champion squad SBMM ? Surely those low level players should never see squads with over 20K kills between them ? I cant believe the player base is so low that queuing to same skill players would entail too long a wait ?

Caporegime
But is pairing 2 low ranked players together against a sweaty Pred champion squad SBMM ? Surely those low level players should never see squads with over 20K kills between them ? I cant believe the player base is so low that queuing to same skill players would entail too long a wait ?
Obviously a decision to reduce queue times. Possibly a bad one though.

Soldato

Even respawn have admitted there's an issue now on twitter. SBMM has actually been in casual mode since beginning of this season. Only after duos ended they tweaked it. Probably just needs tweaking again.

The other solution in cross-play. That will sort the population issues out overnight.

Associate
Only thing i can think of is that it is done by some kind of AVG (dmg/games played) to stop smurf accounts wrecking low level player games but from my experience 90% of these 'new' players are exactly that.

Caporegime
Even respawn have admitted there's an issue now on twitter. SBMM has actually been in casual mode since beginning of this season. Only after duos ended they tweaked it. Probably just needs tweaking again.

The other solution in cross-play. That will sort the population issues out overnight.
Got a link to the twitter post? I see nothing.

Soldato
Thanks. it does need a tweak but even in public games we do decently most games. We really do pick and choose our fights though and certainly aren’t afraid to avoid a fight completely if we’re outnumbered or at a disadvantage.

Ok that's fine but I think you're missing the point. Would it be fair to say your an average player? Because you wont be put with diamonds and preds......

The issue is affecting people who have ranked up or whatever algorithm they use to class you as above average. I got to diamond because I had a good team. We honed our teamwork. Alone I'm not amazing - kd around 1.5. Yet I'm being thrown in with pros with 10+ kd when all I want is a quick relaxed game. I don't stand a chance! They need to tweak it.

Associate
Ranked has absolutely killed me the last 3 days! I went from Gold I to Gold III in 24 hours.

Haven't made a single kill in 20 games tonight. I don't know whether it's putting me with n00bs, solo ******* or both. WTF is going on?

My KD ratio has gone from nearly 2 to under 1 this week. Insane.

Last edited:
Associate
Ok that's fine but I think you're missing the point. Would it be fair to say your an average player? Because you wont be put with diamonds and preds......

The issue is affecting people who have ranked up or whatever algorithm they use to class you as above average. I got to diamond because I had a good team. We honed our teamwork. Alone I'm not amazing - kd around 1.5. Yet I'm being thrown in with pros with 10+ kd when all I want is a quick relaxed game. I don't stand a chance! They need to tweak it.

It feels proper broke for me now. Nearly every champion squad contains someone with 10K + kills. I'm way down on skill level compared to the guys stomping me. Hot drops are just trail shows for Preds and Diamonds and every team mate now instant quits upon getting knocked. Its certainly no longer a causal game you can just quickly solo queue for 30-60 mins of fun.

Soldato
It feels proper broke for me now. Nearly every champion squad contains someone with 10K + kills. I'm way down on skill level compared to the guys stomping me. Hot drops are just trail shows for Preds and Diamonds and every team mate now instant quits upon getting knocked. Its certainly no longer a causal game you can just quickly solo queue for 30-60 mins of fun.

What I find more frustrating is the system to find your team mates is broken. So it finds x2 random they can be ANY level. I've had level 15s etc. But then chucks us in with the preds because of my ranked level. We get slaughtered!!

I played with a mate with similar skill level last night and it was better. But we pretty much had to play like it's ranked.

Last edited:
Soldato
Theres a few issues with this.

If I wanted to play sweaty I play ranked. The grind to diamond was intense and quite frankly I needed a break afterwards. Casual was chilled. I would still die with 0 kills and sometimes get 5 kills. Point is I could join and relax. I could play solo anytime.

As mentioned sbmm is aimed at the average player. The low percentage of players who are above average get put together. Because the pool is small the wait is longer and diamonds and preds get put together. These include pros and people grinding for tournaments. The games are harder than ranked. How is that "working"???

They're harder because I'm soloing against premade pred/diamond squads. If I wanted to play with a team, lock down tactics,and play sweaty I would play ranked. I improved as a result but its intense!

I'll give you an example from last night. Played casual few games. Kills 0 0 2 0 1 0, each dying within first 5mins , last game I got owned by #1700 in the world. CASUAL.

Changed to ranked. Kills 1 2 2 , 2nd place x2 RANKED.

How is this working lol!

The only reason this is happening is I'm not in the team right now ;)

Watch for my signal!!!!

Soldato
Hi,

Does this use the Titanfall 2 engine? I've only just played and it runs and looks great so was thinking of giving this a go.

What's it like for a noob is it accessable this far on from release?

Soldato
Just had a game with two randoms. They were good by my normal teammate standards, even finished a squad in a direct fight, which I kept distracted by my flanking so they were out of cover for those two. Tactically they were awful though. When it came to the final squad, they totally failed to push and third party. I had to finish all three like a boss. :cool:

I also play much better when I come straight off PUBG for some reason. :p

Back
Top Bottom