Apex Legends BR

Soldato
Put this back on last night after not playing since March last year, stuck to normal and away from ranked feels more polished and ran fine, only issue I've got with it is the UI 'feels' weird at 3440x1440 like it's stretching 1080p but the settings are correct.

Associate
I feel theres just as much close combat as sniper warfare now. It literally seems to be a game of one or the other. Choke points or snipefests. Enjoying it so far though.

Caporegime
Played it a few times now on the new map. Can't say I'm liking it I don't think.

Feels like it's become a sniping game now. The sentinel can wipe you right out in just about 1 go etc etc and it feels like.its lost its open space feel.

sentinel is rubbish. it's a bolt action. so punishing if you miss.

this game is all about movement. therefore snipers are useless unless you are standing still for ages which is terrible gameskill if you are.

it's also only an 80 to the body so you need 3 bodyshots to down someone. therefore it's a terrible weapon.

the best guns are

Prowler, R99 and Wingman

After them its

R301, Spitfire, longbow and hemlok

it's all about getting up close finishing a team quick, heal and loot quickly before being third partied.

sniping from 200m away you will just get shot in the back as you draw attention whilst the other team heals or hides. it's near on impossible to kill anyone who is decent at the game by sniping them because they can heal and you need to hit them at least 3-4 times. up close then they cannot heal.

Associate
Squad mates who start a gunfight at 300m really rile me up. GG on giving away our position to everyone else in the game whilst you miss shot after shot due to distance.

Associate
Still hating this game, loved it at one point but the third, fourth fifth partying really spoils any glee I get from it

This game is all about 3rd partying now. Fights need to be won quickly on the first encounter or you need to begin falling back, await the 3rd party to turn up and engage the previous squad and then hit both weakened squads. Thirst quickly anyone down where possible, loot up and get out again asap. Situational awareness is more important than ever so you don't get tunnel vision concentrating on a single encounter. Never defend from a single position, use Wraiths portal, pathfinders zip-line or bangs smoke to re-position if getting bogged down for more than a minute.

Man of Honour
Agreed, you're doing it wrong. If you can't finish a squad in a minute you need to bail as another one will just show up and wreck both teams.

Anyway, new ranked sucks that you need Master for jump trails, not happening for me so I just play regular mode now. I never made Diamond due to time however SBMM seems to put me up against mostly Diamond players.

Soldato
Agreed, you're doing it wrong. If you can't finish a squad in a minute you need to bail as another one will just show up and wreck both teams.

Anyway, new ranked sucks that you need Master for jump trails, not happening for me so I just play regular mode now. I never made Diamond due to time however SBMM seems to put me up against mostly Diamond players.
I can handle that second team, it's when you get sniped at while fighting the 4th team

Man of Honour
I can handle that second team, it's when you get sniped at while fighting the 4th team
Change your gamestyle, rotate into the ring rather than taking the direct route, stick to the map edges etc. Always think about where other teams may be and never put your back to those locations. Winning is easy, it's winning and getting a lot of kills/damage that's the hard part.

Soldato
Change your gamestyle, rotate into the ring rather than taking the direct route, stick to the map edges etc. Always think about where other teams may be and never put your back to those locations. Winning is easy, it's winning and getting a lot of kills/damage that's the hard part.
I get wins and I always have the top damage, the kills is the bit I struggle with. Come out with 2k damage and only 2 kills somehow.
I will however take your advice

Soldato
I get wins and I always have the top damage, the kills is the bit I struggle with. Come out with 2k damage and only 2 kills somehow.
I will however take your advice
I feel your pain, so many times I'll see assist elimination or knock em down but not get the kill as I'll focus on the remaining squad

I think when I looked at stats last night 600 knock downs but only 400 kills in total ( my kdr is rubbish over all but game is fun so I ignore it )

Back
Top Bottom