Apex Legends BR

Soldato
Change to Disruptor Rounds Hopup

• Reduced the shield damage multiplier from 2.26 to 1.7. It's a minor tweak while we evaluate the full weapon meta next week.

Change to Location-Based Daily Challenges

• For now we have removed location based Daily Challenges as we’ve seen them have a negative impact on the game. Players will still get 3 Daily Challenges.

Leaving Penalty in Ranked:

• We have temporarily disabled the leaving penalty in ranked as we discovered some bugs we want to squash. That said, we will reserve the right to doll out penalties to players that abandon Ranked matches while we address it.

Changes live now

Associate
Anyone got far in the ranked games? I actually forgot they were a thing until couple of days ago so have only played a few of them. Only made it to bronze 3 so far with 1 win and two top 5's haha.

Soldato
Only just got around to playing again after the recent updates...

Interesting what they've done with the map, I guess not having 2 distinct maps avoids splitting the playerbase (visions of PUBG when they first added the desert map and any game you connected to on the original map would have 80% of the server instantly d/c to try and get the new map)

I'm confused a bit though. The changes they've made to the ring and things seem to promote faster games... the players get pushed together a bit quicker, more fights more quickly, no more camping in the ring (not that I ever really noticed that being a problem?)... so with that in mind what's the perfect playstyle for a new champion to have? Obviously a trap/defense-heavy bunker strat type... what? That seems to totally contradict the ring changes, or am I missing something?

Caporegime
Only just got around to playing again after the recent updates...

Interesting what they've done with the map, I guess not having 2 distinct maps avoids splitting the playerbase (visions of PUBG when they first added the desert map and any game you connected to on the original map would have 80% of the server instantly d/c to try and get the new map)

I'm confused a bit though. The changes they've made to the ring and things seem to promote faster games... the players get pushed together a bit quicker, more fights more quickly, no more camping in the ring (not that I ever really noticed that being a problem?)... so with that in mind what's the perfect playstyle for a new champion to have? Obviously a trap/defense-heavy bunker strat type... what? That seems to totally contradict the ring changes, or am I missing something?
Ring edge camping is now a thing instead of camping within the ring early game. The issue I have is if you go down after the second ring you can’t even be revived and have enough time to use a syringe. You’re as good as dead even with a lifeline as DOC now only lasts two ticks of damage no matter what ring stage you’re at.

Soldato
any of you good folks want to hand hold a scrub? been playing a bit again since the patch and enjoying it. what i'm not enjoying is the solo matchmaking. has to be the most god awful experience in all my years gaming. if and that's a big if it places me with 2 other players they don't use comms, rarely even ping items or enemies....makes for a rather frustrating experience. i've actually found often as not it places me in games with only 1 other player who waits till we drop then quits or it places me in the game on my own, what the actual **** is the point in that! lol

Caporegime
any of you good folks want to hand hold a scrub? been playing a bit again since the patch and enjoying it. what i'm not enjoying is the solo matchmaking. has to be the most god awful experience in all my years gaming. if and that's a big if it places me with 2 other players they don't use comms, rarely even ping items or enemies....makes for a rather frustrating experience. i've actually found often as not it places me in games with only 1 other player who waits till we drop then quits or it places me in the game on my own, what the actual **** is the point in that! lol
Get onto the OCUK unofficial discord and join an Apex room.

Associate
Drop hot, hope you get a good weapon first. Most I’ve ever had is 1.1k but then I’m a looter then a shooter, much to some people’s annoyance!

mine is 2.4k I think, around that, but with r99 and r301 and most kills in a game is 10

if i can double my kills, or get like 15 kills, that would be an achievement

Associate
had a butchers on the discord the other evening but i don't want to step on toes as i imagine some folk prefer buddying up. will pop on again this evening and throw out a holler and see if anyone bites :D

I'll jump on with you dude.
I'm starting to get back into this again, played about 5 ranked games and only won 1 of them so far. I think we had 4 wins on Saturday though, or was it Sunday? All rolls into one these days!

Soldato
had a butchers on the discord the other evening but i don't want to step on toes as i imagine some folk prefer buddying up. will pop on again this evening and throw out a holler and see if anyone bites :D

Just jump in a room if there's space, or go into an empty one and people will join...plenty of people around. Not bothered about ranked personally, just playing for fun.

I'm sure they've changed the matchmaking, definitely feels like solo queue is separate from teams.

Back
Top Bottom