• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

ARCHIVE - *** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION *** - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed. But after flogging my 2080Ti early I've waited a month already without a GPU lol. No big deal as there's more to life than playing games but after seeing how the 3080 went down this week I can only think the FE 3090 will be botted leaving a race to F5 on launch day on etailer websites. If OC gouge the prices (which I fully expect) then I might just leave it altogether and wait for my PS5 and GPU stock to normalise.
Buy a weaker card to tide you over and game at 1080p or 1440p its better than not having one at all and you could just flog it on ebay when you get a 3080.

I don't believe any other site have a limited amount of codes do they?

They will all have a limited supply as the codes will be issued in batches.

I imagine most others are simply assuming they will get more as needed or they have not reached their limit so in either case they are saying nothing.

OCUK is actually being responsible in this case and are not continuing to advertise the promotion until they have got the OK on more codes, hopefully there will be more news on this by Monday.

form filled in what the hell its a giggle..........20 years from now I imagine myself sat by the fire trying to explain to my grand kids......................................the great 3080 debacle that just finished off everyone with a PC in 2020 & started a whole new....everytime you want a new shiny you need to order it 3 months in advance industry model
...... (It will be like a Eve online " I was there "Vid from 3 years ago)

Can't find the link to the form, interested to fill it in myself.

Time most people get there 3080 u watch the super or TI come out just after......... Am waiting too see if AMD go big, than see wat nvidia do about it before I get my new nvidia card......

Nvidia can't make the ti outperform the 3090 and right now the 3090 performance to price increase doesn't really make sense for most consumers (Current leaks 10%, expected max of 20%) so can't imagine a ti being anything too special.
Now we do know thanks to gigabyte there is a 20gb version but hard to know how much that will impact price or even when it would release or what it would be called, I imagine they would brand it as a super maybe?

Has there been any updates on stock? Ordered my MSI Gaming X Trio at 4.55 on the 17th, its in my orders but wondering if we've been given any kind of eta?

Gibbo is posting all the stock updates in this stickied thread, https://www.overclockers.co.uk/foru...-to-cancel-your-order.18899277/#post-33952938

Only small batches (which Gibbo said small batch is less than 50) and since you ordered at 4.55 you're definitely looking at October the earliest, depending how production scaling goes potential November or longer if they don't scale it up quick.

Have any store ever strocked FE cards is question You should answer Yourself and then realise question was stupid.

ive bought previous generation "founders/reference cards" from OcUK and similar sites

even tho its they were from partners the pcb and cooler was identical to the founders from the nvdiai store so its was valid question for the uniformed

not eveyone knows NV changed a lot this round

ive bought previous generation "founders/reference cards" from OcUK and similar sites

even tho its they were from partners the pcb and cooler was identical to the founders from the nvdiai store so its was valid question for the uniformed

not eveyone knows NV changed a lot this round

1080ti iirc was the last FE\reference card that went to third parties. Turing onwards seems to be FE\reference design NVidia only and third party have their own designs.

Honestly, people scambling to get a 3080 for what? 15-20 more FPS over a 2080 ti? When Big Navi launches and the 3080 Super 20Gb is out these cards everyone's scrambling to get hold of will be dumped on eBay for a lot less than people paid for them.

Joining in:

ASUS TUF
17/9/20
17:09
586542X

Would've been sooner but my first order was cancelled due to my credit card's fraud protection. Couldn't have happened at a worse time!

Honestly, people scambling to get a 3080 for what? 15-20 more FPS over a 2080 ti? When Big Navi launches and the 3080 Super 20Gb is out these cards everyone's scrambling to get hold of will be dumped on eBay for a lot less than people paid for them.

20% more fps (percent, not fps) at a 4K resolution over a 2080Ti isn't bad performance, but it also really depends what resolution and refresh rates you're running at and what GPU you're coming from whether thats a meaningful upgrade.

A lot of people skipped the 2080ti because it was rubbish value so they're looking at much bigger increase than 15-20 more FPS. Not to mention, that 15-20fps actually makes 4k60 a reality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom