• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

ARCHIVE - *** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION *** - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
A lot of people skipped the 2080ti because it was rubbish value so they're looking at much bigger increase than 15-20 more FPS. Not to mention, that 15-20fps actually makes 4k60 a reality.
Hit the nail on the head. 3080 is more than doubling my current systems performance, I think people upgrading from 2080 ti are in the minority here

Associate
Joining in:

ASUS TUF
17/9/20
17:09
586542X

Would've been sooner but my first order was cancelled due to my credit card's fraud protection. Couldn't have happened at a worse time!

I'll join in too, happy to wait either way as I just want a card in general & can understand the demand volume.

ROG STRIX GAMING OC
17/9/20
14:24
58604xx

Seems I got a quite early order compared to a lot of the listings I see of people considering the crashes & traffic haha.

Last edited:
Associate
It would be nice if we had exact numbers on what a small amount of GaminfPro OCs mean in terms of quantity. Is it like 3 units or 300? Nonetheless, I appreciate the candid openness of the company.

It seems that in order to get a better idea of when you'll be receiving a GamingPro OC, you should be asking Palit instead what their expected numbers are, and if they are expecting any delays. But something tells me that they won't really bother responding to an email about topics this sensitive to some random consumer who they have no way of confirming.

Anyways, I think the important lesson for everyone here is to never underestimate scalpers and bots. If you want a very attractive product in the future, do it properly and right a bot script in order to secure your purchase.

Associate
We haven't had any big cards since the supers 14 months ago, big navi comes out in like 5 or 6 weeks.

Im just confused as to why hes saying why are people bothering? its a huge bump for me and compared to 2000 series its a much better deal. I see exactly why a lot are upgrading now. Personally this is the max I would pay for a gpu so waiting on the 20gb model doesn't make sense as it will no doubt cost more. We also don't know release of them. As for AMD all my friends had bad experiences and I only had a good experience on my old RX480 before grabbing 2060 S. So I kinda just thought grab what I know. Could bite me in the ass but hey who knows

Associate
If Big Navi hit it out the park and also have a release date soon AND stock available I'll jump ship over to AMD for the first time in years after the absolute cluster **** this has been.

Associate
Honestly, people scambling to get a 3080 for what? 15-20 more FPS over a 2080 ti? When Big Navi launches and the 3080 Super 20Gb is out these cards everyone's scrambling to get hold of will be dumped on eBay for a lot less than people paid for them.
I don't get these kind of posts. "Why do you people want to get the 3080? Why not wait™ even longer?" Not everyone has a 2080 Ti. I certainly don't. I've bought a GPU back in 2015 and been using it since, thought about buying a new one last year but decided to wait for the 30xx series. After my experiences with AMD GPUs I don't even want to look at their cards anymore tbh and a 3080 S/Ti will be even more expensive than the current 3080. Besides why the hell is everyone so worried about VRAM now? I see people constantly crying how 8-10GB isn't enough for new games anymore.

Associate
I know we know nothing more than a leak yet, but what do people think the 20gb variants of the 3080s are gonna launch at price-wise? Base £850-900?

Associate
I know we know nothing more than a leak yet, but what do people think the 20gb variants of the 3080s are gonna launch at price-wise? Base £850-900?

Well, we don't know when they're going to come, and I'm not going to speculate on price. I do however dare to speculate that availability will be just as troublesome (if they release soonish) and that the extra VRAM just won't help.

Associate
Expect 20GB of GDDR6X to cost atleast £200-250 extra on top of the base price of the same model. Maybe add another £50 for the "Super" name tag. GDDR6X is expensive as **** atm because they don't do 2GB modules right now and won't until like mid next year, so they can't just double the capacity of the same number of ram modules seen in 3080 while keeping everything the exact same. So they actually have to increase the number of ram modules in there.

That actually also means the 20GB variant will most likely end up with a lower bandwidth than the 10GB variant.

So that £650 card is gonna be more like £900-950 at MSRP. Real price would be more like £1000 for lower end models...and that would put it firmly in between the 3080 and 3090 price wise.

Associate
If Big Navi hit it out the park and also have a release date soon AND stock available I'll jump ship over to AMD for the first time in years after the absolute cluster **** this has been.
According to rumors (from decent sources) Big Navi is a $550 card that has been price adjust to $500 after alAmpere reveal. If that's the case then you can infer that the card is slower than 3080, because if it's the same as 3080 or faster then they wouldn't choose to drop price by $50, seeing as $550 is already $100 less than 3080.

And lack of tensor cores means it can't do anything like DLSS, and no dedicated RT hardware means it'll always be considerably worse at RT, no matter what. And these two things are confirmed for RDNA2.

Associate
Expect 20GB of GDDR6X to cost atleast £200-250 extra on top of the base price of the same model. Maybe add another £50 for the "Super" name tag. GDDR6X is expensive as **** atm because they don't do 2GB modules right now and won't until like mid next year, so they can't just double the capacity of the same number of ram modules seen in 3080 while keeping everything the exact same. So they actually have to increase the number of ram modules in there.

That actually also means the 20GB variant will most likely end up with a lower bandwidth than the 10GB variant.

So that £650 card is gonna be more like £900-950 at MSRP. Real price would be more like £1000 for lower end models...and that would put it firmly in between the 3080 and 3090 price wise.

I guess that makes sense. I figured it would be at least a few hundred more expensive. I don't know if the 20gb would benefit anyone except for people playing at 4k high frame rates. I honestly think the 10gb would do me fine at 3440x1440.

Associate
I guess that makes sense. I figured it would be at least a few hundred more expensive. I don't know if the 20gb would benefit anyone except for people playing at 4k high frame rates. I honestly think the 10gb would do me fine at 3440x1440.
Games usually store the next 30 seconds of game data needed in RAM. High memory bandwidth and SSD means we don't need to store that much as everything can be fetched within 2 seconds, so once we start seeing games using engines that are properly built/modified with next gen IO in mind we'll actually see a reduction in RAM usage like for like (which to some extent will somewhat get leveled out by increased detail next gen but still 10GB should be more than enough). Even a game like Flight SIM, which is a worst case scenario as it's a next gen game with current gen IO, only uses ~8GB VRAM at 4K/ultra in worst most RAM hungry scenario. And that's a worst case scenario in a worst case game.

When I say games built for next gen IO, I don't simply mean next gen exclusives. As you can have a game exclusive to next gen or be a next gen game (like Flight Sim) but still using current gen IO. By the time we actually need more than 20GB using current IP tech, games would've shifted to the more modern and faster IO.

For sure near the tail end of the gen 10GB may not be enough as we'll see PC ports that are order of magnitude above consoles, but who expects and GPU to to push 4K/ultra at high framerate 4-5 years after launch?

Associate
I have gone and created a python script to *somewhat* try and track where you would be in terms of your card in orders.

Link: https://DotingLateFrontend.deadmonstor.repl.run

Gonna keep updating that link with the newest percentages however, in theory, the more data we get it should work

also @shaan200 That link is private

Looking at this chart makes me happy I bought the ASUS strix, it seems like 90% bought tuf so far at least. I'm just hoping I get a card before November or at least before Valhalla and cyberpunk.

Associate
It would be nice if we had exact numbers on what a small amount of GaminfPro OCs mean in terms of quantity. Is it like 3 units or 300? Nonetheless, I appreciate the candid openness of the company.

It seems that in order to get a better idea of when you'll be receiving a GamingPro OC, you should be asking Palit instead what their expected numbers are, and if they are expecting any delays. But something tells me that they won't really bother responding to an email about topics this sensitive to some random consumer who they have no way of confirming.

Anyways, I think the important lesson for everyone here is to never underestimate scalpers and bots. If you want a very attractive product in the future, do it properly and right a bot script in order to secure your purchase.

Gibbo's said in a post somewhere that a small number is less than 50. I went for a regular Palit and so I think I'll get it earlier than most, as will you with your OC version, as it seems to be the most unpopular brand. Which is exactly the reason I chose it and cancelled my ASUS TUF order which I accidentally got in, even though I got the TUF order in 30 mins earlier - I just didn't know it at the time as the checkout crashed after I entered my card details.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom