• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

ARCHIVE - *** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION *** - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Looking at this chart makes me happy I bought the ASUS strix, it seems like 90% bought tuf so far at least. I'm just hoping I get a card before November or at least before Valhalla and cyberpunk.

I also bought a STRIX OC, I'm glad to see so far from the list of people participating that it isn't oversaturated (so far) on the card I ordered, I managed to get my order through quite early compared to a lot of people too from the looks of the forum so I hold out hope as I really want it for Cyberpunk too.

Soldato
It makes me think at this late hour that AMD have been wise this time. They are just sitting back all chill, watching at this s fest unravel.

People were annoyed their announcement is so late after nvidias, but I'm thinking more and more that it's calculated and perfect.

Associate
I also bought a STRIX OC, I'm glad to see so far from the list of people participating that it isn't oversaturated (so far) on the card I ordered, I managed to get my order through quite early compared to a lot of people too from the looks of the forum so I hold out hope as I really want it for Cyberpunk too.

I ordered the same card around 15:24.. I’m not desperate but I sure would like it to arrive before Cyberpunk, especially after they shared some recent screenshots with raytracing it looked great :(

Associate
I ordered the same card around 15:24.. I’m not desperate but I sure would like it to arrive before Cyberpunk, especially after they shared some recent screenshots with raytracing it looked great :(
Yeah it looks great, I ordered mine about 20 mins after launch crawling through the crashes and zero loading haha.

Associate
Yeah it looks great, I ordered mine about 20 mins after launch crawling through the crashes and zero loading haha.
Hope you get yours soon!
I was trying my hardest but as soon as I got it in the basket I just couldn’t proceed, then finally did and amazon logged me out.. then switched to debit card and NatWest blocked the transaction.
So to be honest all things considered I’m pretty pleased with 15:24 haha

Associate
Hope you get yours soon!
I was trying my hardest but as soon as I got it in the basket I just couldn’t proceed, then finally did and amazon logged me out.. then switched to debit card and NatWest blocked the transaction.
So to be honest all things considered I’m pretty pleased with 15:24 haha

Yeah haha I'd say that's still pretty good going considering some of the times I saw for other people, the moment I saw the final hurdle load up I genuinely gasped and speed ran it haha, the site was half loading too so I had to just hope & pray I was filling in the right boxes.

Associate
Yeah haha I'd say that's still pretty good going considering some of the times I saw for other people, the moment I saw the final hurdle load up I genuinely gasped and speed ran it haha, the site was half loading too so I had to just hope & pray I was filling in the right boxes.
Yeah same here.
I couldn’t see the check box for T&C’s but I’d stared at it so much I remembered where it was haha.
I pre ordered a PS5 on Friday and I’m convinced that will arrive before the 3080..
but you never know, I’m sure they had a small quantity of strix cards arriving before they removed all the dates so perhaps we will get lucky :)

Associate
Yeah same here.
I couldn’t see the check box for T&C’s but I’d stared at it so much I remembered where it was haha.
I pre ordered a PS5 on Friday and I’m convinced that will arrive before the 3080..
but you never know, I’m sure they had a small quantity of strix cards arriving before they removed all the dates so perhaps we will get lucky :)
I’m pretty sure ASUS haven’t released the strix cards yet, people on Reddit were saying the cards are being given to reviewers at the end of the month. No idea if that part is true but I know the high end cards (strix, aorus etc) weren’t ready for launch

Associate
I’m pretty sure ASUS haven’t released the strix cards yet, people on Reddit were saying the cards are being given to reviewers at the end of the month. No idea if that part is true but I know the high end cards (strix, aorus etc) weren’t ready for launch

Yeah they're coming later, they're getting a batch of STRIX cards in this coming week - mentioned in the Overclockers update post in this forum!

Associate
Hi first time dealing with this type of scenario. Here's my place of order:
MSI Gaming Trio
Order Number: 58699xx
Date ordered: 18/09/2020 00:38:24

Would a higher number put me ahead or behind in que? thanks!

Associate
Hi first time dealing with this type of scenario. Here's my place of order:
MSI Gaming Trio
Order Number: 58699xx
Date ordered: 18/09/2020 00:38:24

Would a higher number put me ahead or behind in que? thanks!

Higher number = lower in the queue, I finally managed to order at 4.51pm on the 17th, your order number is 5000 higher than mine... But not every order will of been for a rtx 3080.

Associate
I hope your sitting down.
As you are number 5001 in the queue.

Nah your guess is as good as anyone's.
Depends on how much stock they end up getting sent.
But there are a lot of orders to fill before yours placed late on the 18th

Ah, I see. 5001 as in all of the 3080 orders or just the TUF OC variant?

Edit: Had a friend who ordered a 3080 too
Msi 3080 Gaming Trio
40390X
9/19/2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom