• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

ARCHIVE - *** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION *** - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Hey, fully appreciate the situation, however would be keen to see overclockers provide queue positions (or even indicator) , so your number 125 out of 500 for product A.

I get it would be subject to change and that stock /shipping levels would mean it would not tell you when your card is coming. But knowing if there are 10 in front vs 1500 in front would allow customers to make a more informed decision about cancellation or remaining.

Now that might not be in OCUK 's best interests, but it would certainly benefit the customer and show good will to the customer in events such as these.
I am suspicious of this queue system, something tells me time of purchase is not only the factor, it is how u paid, paypal would probably get priority....

Associate
I am suspicious of this queue system, something tells me time of purchase is not only the factor, it is how u paid, paypal would probably get priority....

Yeah I paid Paypal and was immediately charged on my Paypal page. However it took quite a while on the Overclockers website to switch from processing to order received.

Associate
Associate
I still don't understand one thing. The queue/waiting list. Let's say I've placed my order at 14:24 and the money went through instantly. However, my order was only processed at 17:30 and my payment was authorized at 19:09. So when was I put into the waiting list? Was I put into it at 14:24, 17:30 or 19:09? Because if I got in at 14:24, I might have a chance to get the card next month. If not then I'll probably have to wait until next year.

Associate
There seems to be a lot of pople on this thread asking for an idea where they aree in the que. This is not an unreasonable request and would be nice to know so an informed dessision can be made
This might not be possible as OCUK don't know how much stock they will get and when. It's an ongoing struggle for them to get this info out.

Associate
Funny thing is they OCUK replied to a tweet of mine last night saying as long as you got your order in not to worry about the payment process thing. As long as order was in should be good.
Yeah ok. I ordered and paid. 20min before the price increase and 30min before they set it to pre order only. So first come first serverd they say? So why am I getting a email saying thanks for your pre order 24 hours later lol. Or did they sell cards they don't have.

And I hope they don't really think November/December dates they giving in other thread is for us. Lol

Associate
Hey guys,

Fully appreciate the situation and hats off to the overclockers team dealing with the amount on their plate at this busy time.

If you were able to indicate queue position for those awaiting dispatch it would be ideal to set rough time frame expectations please! Many thanks

PS. Does anyone know if Gigabyte's are being restocked soon? Cheers :)

Soldato
To all moaners please just request a refund, it will make us all happier as us that aren't moaning and dont mind waiting. You leaving the queue will move us up further :) Thanks.

Associate
We apologise, but seriously do you think we want this mess, we want graphics manufacturers to be delivering these cards in the thousands to us, this is a big launch and there is always some delay with big demand launches, so we just have to hope, pray, cross our fingers that NVIDIA and the graphics card manufacturers have good supply incoming in the later months and will meet the demand.

We absolutely want to ship your orders, we want to ship all the orders and have no shortage, we knew demand was going to be strong as did everyone, but the demand is beyond expectations and the supply at the moment is looking small, so we are hopeful it will considerably improve, but it is really over to the graphics card manufacturers now to deal with our demand and orders, they and NVIDIA are fully aware of the numbers sold and we offer the ability to easily cancel the order if the customer wishes.

You say you don't want this but you take orders for thousands upon thousands that you can't possibly fulfill. You're still taking orders with no chance of fulfilling them in a reasonable time frame. Implementing a queue or limits or basically anything that you didn't do could've at least be understandable. But no, you are locking peoples money and force them to wait a week just to get their money back from your incompetence (which shouldn't even be taken if you have no product or reasonable expectation of delivery)

Associate
To all moaners please just request a refund, it will make us all happier as us that aren't moaning and dont mind waiting. You leaving the queue will move us up further :) Thanks.

Nah, going to continue to moan (Just about public numbers on a rough estimate where in the queue I am) til I got something secured then I will cancel the preorder. Prefer not to risk potentially throwing away a somewhat decent spot in the wait list when I got no idea where I am in it.

Permabanned
This might not be possible as OCUK don't know how much stock they will get and when. It's an ongoing struggle for them to get this info out.

Do you honestly believe they do not know how much stock they receive?

Do you think multi million pound businesses really work like this?

Associate
Hey, fully appreciate the situation, however would be keen to see overclockers provide queue positions (or even indicator) , so your number 125 out of 500 for product A.

I get it would be subject to change and that stock /shipping levels would mean it would not tell you when your card is coming. But knowing if there are 10 in front vs 1500 in front would allow customers to make a more informed decision about cancellation or remaining.

Now that might not be in OCUK 's best interests, but it would certainly benefit the customer and show good will to the customer in events such as these.
Exactly....

Associate

They definitely know what position people are in the queues. They clearly don't know when people will get anything but they 100% know how many peoples money has been taken and when.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom