• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

ARCHIVE - *** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION *** - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
I cancelled my pre order a few days ago and I’m going down the EVGA step up route. Brought a 2080 super to replace my 1080 that my nephews getting. Going to be months before I get the 3080 ftw3 but I’ll get some good use out of the 2080 super and my nephew can play his pc again.

Associate
I've tapped out guys, cancelled my Gaming X Trio. Ordered at 1432hrs on the 17th and was 129 in (unofficial) queue. I'm just going to wait a few months then make a decision based on which 3080 AIB card performs best/what AMD have to offer/if mythical 20GB 3080 is going to be released anytime soon. Good luck, hope you get your cards soon.
Great idea! Everyone that ordered a zotac do the same thing.... I'll follow your lead..

Associate
I think the main problem here is OC are tech breaking the law with regards to orders online - taken of the UK GOV WEB SITE with regards to order online.

You must have :
  • delivery arrangements, costs and how long goods will take to arrive

OC are not providing this information.

Associate
I've tapped out guys, cancelled my Gaming X Trio. Ordered at 1432hrs on the 17th and was 129 in (unofficial) queue. I'm just going to wait a few months then make a decision based on which 3080 AIB card performs best/what AMD have to offer/if mythical 20GB 3080 is going to be released anytime soon. Good luck, hope you get your cards soon.

man ppl are dropping like fly’s atm.... hope you get what your after in the end bud.

Associate
U don't need any customer information released. It's even a matter of putting up a list with orders numbers and graphic card next to it and set it all in order. There is no need for customer name or any sensitive data in it we can all go and check it and compare to our order number

And that's commercially sensitive information, so no they would not do that.

Associate
You're a mad man, may many more people do the same though
It's not such a bad idea to be fair. No new is good news apparently, but not in this case.
As we creep closer to October, you may as well see what AMD bring to the table.
If there's still a lack of communication or guarantee by 1st October, I think I'll be out too.

Associate
U don't need any customer information released. It's even a matter of putting up a list with orders numbers and graphic card next to it and set it all in order. There is no need for customer name or any sensitive data in it we can all go and check it and compare to our order number
You might not be providing customer data but you would be accessing it, You don't just want to print a list off and put it on a wall as in 2 days it will be useless and wont give you any idea of what has already been shipped. You'd need something that would be linked into a database with all the order info so when something has been dispatched its no longer in the q.

Associate
Any clues as to the rough number that will come with these shipments for the Eagle OC? (Even small, medium, large as OCUK have been saying up until the silence) Currently there is very little info out there, and it's becoming a bit worrisome

We're shipping as many as we can produce, but it's still not enough to meet the demand we are seeing across the E.U currently. We obviously want to give you the cards you've ordered ASAP and our doing our best to get the parts needed to produce more.

Associate
I think the main problem here is OC are tech breaking the law with regards to orders online - taken of the UK GOV WEB SITE with regards to order online.

You must have :
  • delivery arrangements, costs and how long goods will take to arrive

OC are not providing this information.

This is a very interesting point that needs more attention

Associate
Hi all, regarding the ROG Strix and delay, we set high expectations of the overclock on the card, which does take time. The reviews should be out soon and more stock is on the way
Can we get an idea of the kind of allocation size that OCUK will be getting of the Rog Strix RTX 3080 OC, and when we can actually expect to see stock arriving? Are we talking about waiting on a container ship to be loaded and sail here with them, will there be stocks arriving by air? Are we talking days, weeks or a month or more?
As a dedicated fan of Strix products I would like to see more information from you please

Associate
I'm thinking I'll probably check back in in the run up to Christmas and if the dust hasn't settled by then, probably end up going Team Red this time (which I sort of intended anyway, before the hype train scooped me up). Ye olde 980ti will serve me faithfully for another couple of months with any luck. In the meantime, I shall continue to squirrel away my meagre allowance of beer tokens for a semi decent monitor to go with. Least I’ll have something better than socks and slippers to look forward to hehe.

Associate
This is what is says online with regards to online orders on Gov uk website

After an order is placed
You must:

• provide a copy of the contract on paper, by email or another format the customer can save for future reference
  • provide the copy of the contract no later than when the goods are delivered
  • deliver the goods within 30 days, unless you’ve agreed otherwise with the customer

Associate
Hey guys, I am interested in what monitors you are all pairing with these cards? I'm wanting to go 4k just to cover all the bases, but don't know whether to splurge the extra on a higher refresh non-TN version, I guess it would be nice to downscale to 1440p high refresh in some games, then in others play full 4k.
Cheers!

2560 X 1080 @ 144. I'm in it for the frames. I guess I can just slap on DSR or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom