• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

ARCHIVE - *** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION *** - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Pretty sure in the race for last place in the UK its going to be between EVGA with the ultra cards - and gigabyte with the aorus Xtreme card - and I'm at the back for the aorus card ..... maybe a nice easter treat! lol

I'm more concerned with the EVGA non-Ultra 3080 ftw3. I've seen images and videos of the Ultra in action, but no sign at all of the EVGA 3080 ftw3 Gaming. I'm not yet sure it exists. It's a myth. Just stories around the campfire.

Associate
I cancelled my order on Saturday. Got notification email yesterday.

Palit non OC. Ordered on 19th.

After reading all of this stuff about people jumping queue, and the zero clarity from OCUK on it, I felt I didn't want to keep my order with them. Not really too concerned about updates etc as there's a global shortage of these cards but the least they can do is have all their staff sing off the same sheet.

We had a member of staff on here tell us that the process is you need to cancel your order and place a new one. We then had people on here tell us this wasn't the case at all and they kept their original order number and just slotted into the other queue.
We're also being told you can only change if the value is the same or less. Again people on here have shown us that this is not the case.

For me this is incredibly bad business practice. I can understand why they're doing it. 1 - to keep the custom and 2 - all the cards are more expensive now, but by accommodating one person you're possibly losing a heap of customers in the process.

I'll wait to see what Big Navi has the end of next month and maybe go for that if its good value.

Too much going on in life at the moment without handing over £700 for an item with no ETA and also the bad business practices mentioned above.

I'll still order from them again in the future, but I think they've handled this quite poor.

But if there isn't any update for stock then the default IS no stock expected.

This should NOT have to be explained every time.

Honestly, this is what I meant about entitlement earlier. Peoples expectations are serious out whack.

You've a very odd view of what entitlement is. People have paid up front for something with no ETA. The LEAST they are entitled to is regular updates, good or bad.

Wait so we’re supposed to call for our queue numbers now? Or is the internal system being prepped for delivery to us?

Given the total lack of clarity from OCUK up to now, who knows.

Just speculating here but I think half the problem maybe, people are still cancelling and changing orders, and they maybe dont want to give people a wrong queue number, incase they cancel because its higher than they liked, They dont want to lose sales with incorrect information IMO,
Who knows,
From what ive seen there has been updates,
Were told when they are expecting stock and how much "roughly" sometimes,
People were also told on the 17th i think, if you ordered after 3pm on the 17th you were looking at October/November , between 2 and 3 pm September/October, along that sort of time frame anyway, it was what seems like ages ago now that was said so dont hang me if thats incorrect lol.
So if you ordered a day or days later its pretty obvious by now your boned lol, Unless your particular card manufacturer pulls their finger out their butt and makes a lot of cards.... fast,

According to others here, if you change you keep your number so that shouldn't be an issue.

Associate
Hello all,

Not sure if someone here is following other vendor websites situation, but checking it, it seems MSI will be delivering every week. There is no mention of quantity or anything. But assume OC is the biggest store in UK, the majority of cards could be delivered for us.

MSI
28th Delayed to 14th - 16th
5th Expected 7th - 9th
12th Expected 14th - 16th

According to ****, they are the UK biggest customer and are getting the majority of cards coming into the UK.
Personally I think **** are full of **** and one of the worse companies I have ever dealt with.

Last edited by a moderator:
Associate
According to ****, they are the UK biggest customer and are getting the majority of cards coming into the UK.
Personally I think **** are full of **** and one of the worse companies I have ever dealt with.

I think every hardware reseller likes to tout they are the number 1 i've never order from them and not likely ever going too, but one thing for sure is that they seem to be trumping others with communication at the minuet
take that as you will

Associate
According to others here, if you change you keep your number so that shouldn't be an issue.

But it would alter someones else queue position, if they changed to the card they were waiting for.....
Seems like this queue thing is going to have to be a live app, constantly changing its database just to satisfy everyone, i surprised they are even bothering.
Even if they get a queue position today, they will be asking in a months time where they are if its not constantly updated when orders are shipped etc

Associate
LETS GO EAGLE BOIZ!!!!!! been unofficial Que Pos 3 since friday!! really looking forward to this batch coming in!!! Hoping its a decent portion, and they can take a nice chunk outta the que!! Good Luck all !!!! :D #RTXNearlyOn
Sorry, everyone just queue jumped to an Eagle and I regret to inform you you're now number 150 in the revised queue :p

Associate

A pal of my who bought from aforementioned company is in the same boat as those at OCUK.
Queue, queue positioning, swapping cards for order clearance.

I don't believe OCUK have done anything other companies haven't done. Supply and demand. No company likes holding unconfirmed revenue with risk of debooking said revenue from an order through accounting.

Can companies do better? Yes. Has OCUK been specifically different? I don't think so.

AIB's directly also do order time batches, rather than card specific orders, unless the original order isn't changed. It's what we're seeing here, seems 'standard' for the 3000 series release.

Associate
eao9e.jpg

IRL image of me waiting for any news from OC or ZOTAC in relation to shipping or receipt of cards

Associate
.....and if they have no update?

Coming on the forums and demanding daily updates (even when there is no new info) screams of entitlement.
Except they are indeed entitled to those updates because they paid for it. Many even paid for it while being told they will get the card on the 18th because the site said so.

Associate
A pal of my who bought from aforementioned company is in the same boat as those at OCUK.
Queue, queue positioning, swapping cards for order clearance.

I don't believe OCUK have done anything other companies haven't done. Supply and demand. No company likes holding unconfirmed revenue with risk of debooking said revenue from an order through accounting.

Can companies do better? Yes. Has OCUK been specifically different? I don't think so.

AIB's directly also do order time batches, rather than card specific orders, unless the original order isn't changed. It's what we're seeing here, seems 'standard' for the 3000 series release.
The thing with OCUK is the forum, other retailers dont have one so no one really knows whats going on with them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom