• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

ARCHIVE - *** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION *** - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Just been looking at the strix 3080 product page and they've changed the minimum PSU requirements to 850W. Should I chance it with my 750 (80+ gold efficiency) or just take the plunge and upgrade it? It'll be paired with a zen 3 ryzen 9 so I'm thinking I'll need to upgrade..

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

I wouldn’t bother with less than 1000W personally. If you want to OC in future then there’s headroom but it’s better to be safe with a PSU.

Associate
I've just had to upgrade my case to fit the longer GPU in it... the good thing with that was it's given me more room to upgrade the PSU too so I've stepped up from 750w to 1000w.

Associate
From what i've been hearing the zotac kind of sucks.... Here's hoping they fix the issues before Christmas, which is when i'll probably be getting my card (unofficial queue position 112. ordered at 15:29 on launch day)
At least I'll have a 5 year warranty.

You should probably do a little more research and don't believe everything you see and hear on the internet

Don't reckon you will be seeing many changes to the PCB design either

Associate
Hmmm my last post was removed just because I questioned OCUK actions in this forum. Seems like they’re policing it more and removing anything damaging. In that case they best remove this whole thread haha.

Associate
Asus seem to have upped the recommended PSU to 850w for the TUF cards too. I thought the non-OC would've been fine with 750w, but I guess I might have to upgrade my PSU as well... :/

Associate
I’ve an Corsair 750w platinum with a thread ripper 1950x have a 3090 on back order. Should I upgrade the -supply also? If so any recommendations?

Associate
Yup, says it right here: https://www.asus.com/Graphics-Cards/TUF-RTX3080-10G-GAMING/specifications/

EDIT: Hang on...

* All PSU recommendations are based on Intel® Core™ i9 or AMD Ryzen™ 9 power consumption.
* For more information, please refer to the recommended PSU table at: https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/Accessory/Power_Supply/Manual/RECOMMENDED_PSU_TABLE.pdf
Hmmm...

EDIT 2: I'm on a Ryzen 7 3700X, and according to that table, 750w is fine. False alarm! Well, for me at least. Hopefully not many people fun into this issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom