Ark: Survival Evolved - Dinosaur MMO/Survival PVP funz!

It's fun for an hour or so while it's new and you're exploring but then the bugs and the terrible graphics you have to use for it to remain smooth get in the way.

There's not much reason to buy now unless you have nothing else to play and want something new to keep you occupied for a few hours.

It's fun for an hour or so while it's new and you're exploring but then the bugs and the terrible graphics you have to use for it to remain smooth get in the way.

There's not much reason to buy now unless you have nothing else to play and want something new to keep you occupied for a few hours.

I disagree, its kept me and a few others busy all weekend. There seems to be enough content to keep us occupied for quite a long time yet.

decided to give it a go...man this games performance is the worst I've seen for any early access. Medium settings and I'm only hitting 20fps at 1440p lmao. Of course doesnt help crossfire non existent, so down on 1 7950 pffffft.

I agree, but that is exactly what the dev's said it would be. They did say however that they will focus on performance over the next few weeks. The amount of updates this game has had already is pretty crazy, they seem to do around 4/5 updates a day since release.

See here: http://steamcommunity.com/app/346110/discussions/0/615086038677621162/

This game is only enjoyable if you have people to play with who are on as much as you and trustworthy. Got a refund until such comes up :)

I got one too.

If it turns out like they want it will be worth full price in the future.

I wasn't too bothered with the performance, more so the fact that there's no one i know who plays (even offers on here weren't that great no offense to anyone! but there wasn't any help :p )

Hopefully once it's released there's more people willing to give it a go and enjoy it properly but devs seem to be working hard which is a good sign

Cant really see anything wrong with the game from my first play (10h straight :confused:).

The only real issue i had/have is that all too often my character has died and vanished. Must have had about 7h without any issues, built up my character and some pets, and then die to a dino, go back (was about 90sec from the spawn) to where we had 2 animals being tamed, and no body or backpack anywhere. I'd died very early on and got my backpack, and ive died after a couple of times, but i've had it disappear more time than its stayed, same with a mate who was in there.

The first pet i ended up taming was a Scorpion, i was in the middle of taming something else (cant remember what now) and this scorpion just comes out of nowhere and kills my pet-to-be, and me iirc. Went back got my gear back and knocked it out. After that we'd managed to get 4 different pets, and they all seemed to just die off to really strange circumstances. The last 2 just started running away to attack things which were quite some distance away, they picked on a dilo which was fine, but then moments later they ran about 100 meters and decided to attack a Bronto and both died within about 10sec. They hadnt bothered anyone unless something attacked us, and yet they went AWOL.

That happened shortly after losing tons of gear to deaths & vanishing bodies, and at that point it kinda got pointless. Just long runs through jungle hoping to return to my body - attacked by dilo, or drown in 3ft of water because the character wont move up, it seemed to be moving up and then just seemed like it stayed at the top but wouldnt lift. He had about 75% oxy and full health, just no energy, and its game over an inch from the surface.

Really, all the issues stemmed from being minor(ish) bugs. The only gameplay thing i found annoying was the damn dilo's. They dont seem to attack much, they'll roam with other animals, but you come within 20 meters and they're after you, and the blinding makes them a real PITA, especially as an entry level creature to kill. When they attack as a group, they're a nightmare.

Good game though, and the framerate never bothered me at any point. Its not as smooth as would be preferred, but its perfectly playable, IMO.

After yesterday I cannot even play anymore, my game causes my drivers to constantly crash, I have tried everything from reinstalling the game to nuking the drivers and reinstalling old drivers.
I have tested for any other instabilities but it just seems that the game is doing this for me.

I give up absolutely now.

After yesterday I cannot even play anymore, my game causes my drivers to constantly crash, I have tried everything from reinstalling the game to nuking the drivers and reinstalling old drivers.
I have tested for any other instabilities but it just seems that the game is doing this for me.

I give up absolutely now.

Hmm that is odd. What gfx card is it ? I am using a 290x with beta drivers 15.5 and been fine for me. So far ( touch wood ).

Back
Top Bottom