Ark: Survival Evolved - Dinosaur MMO/Survival PVP funz!

Join the fun man, no need to play on your own.

Why have you ditched consoles and FIFA? :)

What's your steam name?

I still have my consoles but I just got the bug to build a PC :D It's been about 8 years since my last build! I also miss PC gaming and the low cost of games. My steam name is mob_figga.

You're missing out! For an EA game, the amount of content in there is amazing. I'm really, really addicted to this game now. It was like someone flicked a switch and it just hit me how awesome it is.

It's more than just a bog standard survival game. Hit stuff, build stuff, find stuff. The levelling / engram system works really well; you need to coordinate them between you and your tribe so you have everything covered between you.

Add to that the constant hunt for levels for those sweet sweet saddles, and the mystery of the obelisks and the quests at the bottom of them, the bestiary that gives you info each time you kill / tame dinos, the endless crafting / exploring options, and the overall 'feel' of it, and you've got a very impressive EA release.

Performance is still awful mind, but the devs have said it's their top priority now they've crammed loads of content in there.

If anyone wants to join in, I'm hosting a 100 slot server called "The Lemon Factory". If anyone jumps on from here, let me know and we'll do some exploring. We haven't been brave enough to head into the island yet. We're building a nice safe house on the coast, away from all the bigger stuff. :)

Yeah that was another factor of mine as to not jumping in head first I've probably watched about 8 hours of gameplay from various sources and players and the big problem for myself is I'd more than likely have none of my "friends" playing so I'm stuck on my own couple that with a progression system that you really need trust for with people to help you while you help them I'm unsure but if the offer still stands I *might* buy it and give it a go if there's gonna be a good tribe ethic going (guess ill need to get a headset)

Yeah that was another factor of mine as to not jumping in head first I've probably watched about 8 hours of gameplay from various sources and players and the big problem for myself is I'd more than likely have none of my "friends" playing so I'm stuck on my own couple that with a progression system that you really need trust for with people to help you while you help them I'm unsure but if the offer still stands I *might* buy it and give it a go if there's gonna be a good tribe ethic going (guess ill need to get a headset)

There's no issues with adding you to our tribe if you need some people to play with. There's only three of us at the minute. Digitalx is going to find us at some point and he'll be the fourth!

I've just installed the game. I'll have a look for your server shortly. I don't have a mic yet though.

very nice mic here https://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=SP-007-ZA

have one on my second pc :-)

a part review for the mic I found;

I have to say these microphones are better quality than any microphone that comes attached to a "gaming" headset.
The sound is clear, the range is fine and thanks to the clips along the wire, it doesn't intrude on your workspace.

Last edited:
There's no issues with adding you to our tribe if you need some people to play with. There's only three of us at the minute. Digitalx is going to find us at some point and he'll be the fourth!

Cool, I'm just poping out then I'll get on steam once I'm back I'm fairly sure my steam is the same as this : Aeleys.

Stop, all of you!

I was hoping it was all going to be enthusiasm crushed and endless bugs and unkillable Dodo's terrorising people, but all this talk is far too optimistic and it's making me really want to buy the game!! :mad: ;)

Stop, all of you!

I was hoping it was all going to be enthusiasm crushed and endless bugs and unkillable Dodo's terrorising people, but all this talk is far too optimistic and it's making me really want to buy the game!! :mad: ;)

The game is extremely buggy though, and from what I've heard needs some serious optimisation.

Also, the AI pathing is terrible.

Good man, some reason! :D

Although I've yet to see a game with anything other than cabbage AI pathing

Haha, I've spent the last few days watching Tangent play it on stream while doing some trade runs in Archeage and it has so much potential. There are some fairly large issues at the moment though, tamed dinosaurs will get stuck on EVERYTHING while following the player. The flying dinosaurs are practically useless too apparently.

Defiantly keeping an eye on it but it's not going to be getting my money for a while I think.

Back
Top Bottom