Ark: Survival Evolved - Dinosaur MMO/Survival PVP funz!

lol, this game is harsh :D
Havent seen anything the scale of that though scritchy! Havent seen any eagles yet, i dont know whether to be disappointed or very very thankful, from what ive heard about them.

ANT - What area of the map are you in, im wondering whether the raptors are more common in other regions, or if i need to go further inland (ive gone about 1/3rd in land, and about the same along the middle of the south coast).
I really want a couple of raptors, seeing as they're quick and i can saddle them, which is more than i can say for 90% of the animals around me.
edit: might also be better having those images as links, not just for the size, but some of the more 'selective' words used in the animals names etc. I gather embedded YT vids get pulled if theres NSFW content in them.

I am down in the south west corner bud that is where I live at the moment.
There are a lot of raptors down there, I am not sure if they are specific to anywhere though.
Thanks for the wearning by the way! totally forgot about the swearies haha.

20hrs waiting for a raptor, i get back in game, spot what i think is a raptor, get there and its dead on the floor, it had items in the inventory which i grabbed, and then just as i do that, CHOMP. Im T-Rex dinner.
Body gone, pet dino i spent ages taming last night - gone. handful of raptors have suddenly appeared in the area now, too.

You don't leave them over night you need to sit there and tame them while force feeding them narcotics/narcoberries/raw meat.

Wow 60 hours in and they seemed to have region locked the servers...
I can no longer join the server I play on as it is in the US, I can't even save it to favourites from my friends when they are on the server so I am unable to ****ing join when I am alone.

What a load of ********.

I managed to find a fix for the issue - I can work with it for now, I am sure this is not going to be permanent in the future.

Check this recipe out for grenades though -

15 Fiber
20 Stone
30 Gunpowder
5 Hide
2 Metal Ingot

You can literally make a hundred of these in an hour or two.
You can wipe an entire wood base out with 1 or 2.
1 Nade did over 6000 damage to all the base materials.

LeL and its available at level 30 after the last patch, you can destroy metal bases with this too. I am sure they will change it as its completely unbalanced due to the ease of crafting it right now versus the damage it does to bases.

Balance is being addressed from Friday onwards.

Get all your base destroying in now as I suspect the structures to be fairly beefed up.

You don't leave them over night you need to sit there and tame them while force feeding them narcotics/narcoberries/raw meat.

Yeah, i meant that after chasing after what i thought was my first raptor sighting, ended up arriving at a T-Rex's raptor dinner, and me and my newly tamed pet made it a 3-course meal :D

I have this truly amazing gift of killing off the pet i'd spent hours taming the night before. I'll do a load of random stuff during the evening, decide to tame a pet at the end of the night and spend another couple of hours doing that, then i'll have a play and go to bed. Next day, i'll go out of the base with the pet, and somehow get it killed within 15min. 3 days in a row now.

Day 2 was a trike, it got itself inadvertently involved with a huge fight by mistake.
Day 3 was a steg, we'd gone out fishing together, i'd dive in and chop them up and we'd carry on. I wipe out about 8 fish, tell 'The Steg' to stay put in the shallow river waters, and seconds later he's dead. Head collapsed to the floor... out of the water. Its feet & body drowned.

I also have a knack of dying like 5 times in a row within 15min. Running off to my body with nothing, and being killed by dilos, raptors, carnos & t-rexs.

Having a lot of fun though.

How typical.

After losing the Steg at the start of the day, figured i'd try and get another, found a Lv17 nearby, knocked it out and barely left its side for at least 2hrs, prolly closer to 3hr.
Everyone else logged out, and i went to move some wood supplies i'd chopped from the area while waiting (had enough food for 2-3 stegs, so just a case of waiting and keeping it zoned out). When i left it, it had tons of food (500 easy), ~100 narco berries and 10 paste. Im gone 2min, and when i get back and go to give it another 10 narco berries... there are none. No paste either, but all the food.
Its still like 900/1040 torpor, so not a problem. Grab a trike and farm the area. Its at >90%.
I do that for a couple of minutes, with the intention of giving it a quick top-up and going off for more, and as i get there, theres T-Rex in the area.
I had 2 trikes with me (1 was left with me for some reason), so i quickly grabbed control and ran them to our base, its pretty close and no T-rex has been near. I run back with the intention of luring the Rex in the opposite direction and as i get to the area there sits a nice leather satchel.

Seems like as soon as everyone logged, the area just became heavily populated again, as when i'd got back there was a carno, and multiple raptors.
I had to wait till sunlight as it was getting dark, the Rex had wandered off and so i went out with one of the trikes (lv36) to deal with the rest. We barely broke a sweat on 6 dilo's and the carno all together, 30% health loss perhaps. Later on, i go off for a supply drop, leave her nearby where its 'safe' (nothing in the area, and we'd striped it bare), i just get to the supply drop, and she's killed by a carno too.

Not remotely impressed. If the narco's didnt disappear, i dont leave the area and it doesnt spawn a T-Rex. As a direct result ive lost 2 decent animals of decent level and it stems from items disappearing and trying to rid the area of the threats its magic'd into the area.

Alpha gonna Alpha... Its a shame but what can you do :(

I was taming a lvl 27 Dilo last night that suddenly stood up when It was 1 bite away from being tamed and started to attack me again. Frustrating. I also got both of my other Dilos killed by occidentally slapping a turtle when I was harvesting meat from a Sarco I had killed, The turtle and his friends came to play and in the confusion I put an arrow into the back of a Dilo and killed it (Poor Tweeldedum) and then Tweedledee got stomped by 3 turtles..I just booked it and went back to our base mourning my 2 little friends.

To cheer myself up I hopped on the back Of Leonardo my faithful Turtle and went for a swim in the bay..weeeeeeee

That sucks PaulC2K :(

I lost a trike tame this morning at the last second. It'd been in a fight with a scorpion. The scorp was dead and the trike was unconscious but I didn't have any mejorberries or narcoberries on me (wasn't expecting to find a trike waiting to be tamed!) so I spend an hour and a half running around like an idiot, finding a few berries and topping it up. After it got to about 85ish% tamed, I went to get some more narcoberries to dump in its inventory to finish the taming off and when I get back (it was halfway between full and the last 'S' on unconscious when I left and was gone less than a min) it'd vanished :(

I did get one later though :)

So, is this game worth picking up? It does sound like a lot of fun

I'd say yes if you have some friends to play with, but you could always get a refund after some hours played.

There will be bugs but I find it great fun by myself and I do NOT play games by myself usually.

That's funny as I found it absolutely boring by myself and way more tedious than most games, like Korean grind fest game type boring.

And I normally play alone... :p

Really enjoying this, but I find I get a good evening in, get up to level 10-15, and then I go to log in the next day: server full. How do people get around this? Do you have to save your character at the obelisks each time you level up or just once?

Really enjoying this, but I find I get a good evening in, get up to level 10-15, and then I go to log in the next day: server full. How do people get around this? Do you have to save your character at the obelisks each time you level up or just once?

My server never seems to be full.

151.225.227.70:27015

Feel free to add me on steam and i'll add you to a whitelist if you have a problem getting on.

Back
Top Bottom