Ark: Survival Evolved - Dinosaur MMO/Survival PVP funz!

I got the game at the weekend and joined on the server you mentioned above but it is fairly deserted. Does it get busier? Saw max 15 odd people on.

I'm enjoying it for the most part it just seems really slow to level up. My best moment so far was finding a Parasaur stuck in a tree and taming it. Quickly followed by the worst moment when it got stuck in water and drowned with a load of my resources I'd spent hours collecting :(

Ouch lol. It's quiet in terms of numbers, but there's a lot going on. It gives you the freedom to actually get a base together and level up instead of constantly getting raided when you are low level on the official servers. It's fairly tense right now with some big tribes gearing up for war. We seem to be right in the middle of all that! We definitely want more bodies on the server to help break the status quo though!

As for levelling up collecting materials and crafting give huge rewards along with crafting narcos.

I've made lvl 53 in 5 days so it's not too hard.

99FCA12E3CD7C03C9BB38A92A952C7B2DE3E1A36

T-Rex in the bag, I don't even know of any other Dinos that are 'hard' tames now, except the Plesio and I'm terrified of ocean depths and it's a small useless sack of sht so that's a no no.

Did tame a lv72 Argent that got +20 levels from taming, took me 3 hours, leveled him to 96 on Brontos and then 2 T-Rex ambushed us and normally they are a piece of cake but they glitched me inbetween them and every time I tried to fly off, regardless of direction, I would rubberband back in between them and I lost the Argent. :( I was ridiculously salty tbh, I still am!

Worst part is after it died I landed and ripped them both apart with a pike, but what a crock of aids that was, 3 hours dead to dodgy coding! :mad:

As for levelling up collecting materials and crafting give huge rewards along with crafting narcos.

I've made lvl 53 in 5 days so it's not too hard.

Best way to level is to spam Thatch doors until 15, craft a Raptor saddle, tame a Raptor and ride it, train it on Dilos/Dodos/level10 or below Trikes until it's got 1k HP and 4-500% melee damage, then go hunt T-rex, Brontos and Spinos, and group up Trikes and AoE them down (raptor bite has quite a surprisingly large AoE) and also drop any high level Steggo you see. Food for thought: kills you get on mounts reward you full XP for that dinosaur aswell as your mount. I bought a Spino saddle from a tribe (for a hefty price) once I got my Spino and went from level 30 to 60 in 2 hours. A level 70+ Brontosaurus (best XP) is a good 100XP to both you and your raptor.

Raptors are basically better Sabertooths minus the bonus hide/chitin you get for harvesting corpses with them. Raptors are also great in caves which yield a monster ton of XP and loot.

Useful tip for mounts: to heal up faster between targets, press F to enter it's inventory and remote use (force feed) it meat (or berrys for herbivores), it'll heal up to maximum in seconds and then you can take on the next dino.

I know that you don't log out of the game ever, you just leave your character asleep somewhere, but do things like hunger/thirst/temp effect you still?

Played a lot of games where you can lose everything, ultima, eve etc but this is the first where you never really leave the game!

I could be wrong but I'm sure water and food do go down when you're asleep just at a lower rate.

Lol was just hunting for oil underwater died after a megladon got me on the way back. Ran from base back down collected my body and got a further haul of oil only for them to restart the server when I was underwater :(. No warning just got booted.

Went back again and my body wasn't were I died :(. What a waste of time :(.

Last edited:
Well we only had about 10k on ours so I had to get it from somewhere!

How bad was your base after the raid?

They broke one side of the base, we have 3 floors and the whole side was taken down, so I'm guessing C4, RPG or something. Took loads of high level mats from our top floor, loads of ingots, polymer, oil, gasoline, loads of stuff from the Fabricator. They left all our dinos alone though.

The really annoying thing is, every night before I go to bed, I set all the dinos at base to Neutral (we always set them to passive when riding around) as I do every night because they wont defend a raid if on passive right?? But when I looked this morning, they were all set to passive again. Who changes them to passive Rich? We need to have them on Neutral or Aggressive overnight for this exact reason, surely.

Raptors are basically better Sabertooths minus the bonus hide/chitin you get for harvesting corpses with them. Raptors are also great in caves which yield a monster ton of XP and loot.

Don't agree the Sabertooth is far better than the raptor, hence the saddle crafting requirments are at a much higher level, we ditched using raptors a long time ago (ran 10 of each side by side for a while), they are pointless against a saber even after they nurfed them.

For me the main point of going into the caves is Chitin / Keritin, something which the raptor won't really get.

You can jump between servers and take stuff with you? That sounds odd?!

Nope you can't unless it's enabled on the server, me and Tony were just joking about me doing it.

They broke one side of the base, we have 3 floors and the whole side was taken down, so I'm guessing C4, RPG or something. Took loads of high level mats from our top floor, loads of ingots, polymer, oil, gasoline, loads of stuff from the Fabricator. They left all our dinos alone though.

The really annoying thing is, every night before I go to bed, I set all the dinos at base to Neutral (we always set them to passive when riding around) as I do every night because they wont defend a raid if on passive right?? But when I looked this morning, they were all set to passive again. Who changes them to passive Rich? We need to have them on Neutral or Aggressive overnight for this exact reason, surely.

Man that sucks, was your base made of metal? We had someone on a high level t-rex (68 or above) just kill all our dinos, he then proceeded to use a crap ton of grenades and c4 but barely did any damage to our base except take wooden panelling out and our sentry out.

He used all his tribes resources up and then left the server before we could retaliate. Such a girly move lol.

Ergh I spent 20 mins getting that oil :(.

Well I guess we need that vault and metal walls.

To be fair I guess if our dinos were on passive. they would have killed them too :(.

Back
Top Bottom