Arrival (2016).

Soldato
watched Contact again in the last few weeks (probably seen it 1/2 dozen times since buying the BR a few years ago)

Cant wait for the arrival (pun intended) of the BR - or 4k BR - of this film in the next month or so if reports are to believed , as Ive been looking forward to it for some time (just cant deal with kids etc talking all the way through and kicking the back of my seat)

absolutely hated 2001 and didnt really enjoy Close Encounters either, Interstellar was ok but not that big a fan.

Soldato
tracertong;30483672 said:
Funny how the msm raved about this **** and the sheeple duly followed.

You realise this doesn't make any sense. It means that any film that you like AND is critically acclaimed means your opinion is completely invalid and you're just a sheep too.

How about engaging your brain and realising not everyone has the same taste?

Soldato
I've noticed this movie is so divisive, people who dislike it get genuinely upset that others do like it.

On the flipside, I haven't seen many who do like it talking down to the others who didn't, says a lot really ;)

Caporegime
marc2003;30483887 said:
How about engaging your brain and realising not everyone has the same taste?

I don't think it just comes down to taste.

A lot of people just don't know what is a bad film and vice versa...

Just look at The transformers Franchise :p

Soldato
easyrider;30483977 said:
I don't think it just comes down to taste.

A lot of people just don't know what is a bad film and vice versa...

Just look at The transformers Franchise :p

Wow, that's a staggering arrogant point of view. :rolleyes: Leaving aside the subjective reality of personal taste, there is simple matter that people watch movies for different reasons. Some people watch them to engage with the technical aspects of movie-making, some because they watch to watch actors exhibit their chameleon-like ability to become different people, some just want to switch their brains off and watch big explosions and others want to be made to think about issues that affect the world through a medium other than TV news. Do I know what makes a good movie? I don't care. I'm not at film school. Films are entertainment. The best made film in the world can still fail to engage me if I don't care about the topic or am not in the right mood. You'll find that telling people they're "wrong and don't understand good movies" just makes them think you're a prat.

Man of Honour
I didn't really enjoy this.

Felt like when I was watching Interstellar. As soon as they start going weird with the time travel future/past things, it's just lost on me. I then lose interest.

Caporegime
checjb;30485809 said:
Wow, that's a staggering arrogant point of view. :rolleyes: Leaving aside the subjective reality of personal taste, there is simple matter that people watch movies for different reasons. Some people watch them to engage with the technical aspects of movie-making, some because they watch to watch actors exhibit their chameleon-like ability to become different people, some just want to switch their brains off and watch big explosions and others want to be made to think about issues that affect the world through a medium other than TV news. Do I know what makes a good movie? I don't care. I'm not at film school. Films are entertainment. The best made film in the world can still fail to engage me if I don't care about the topic or am not in the right mood. You'll find that telling people they're "wrong and don't understand good movies" just makes them think you're a prat.

People eat fish and chips three times a week, do very little exercise and wonder why they are fat...

Back
Top Bottom