Arsene Wenger: Arsenal boss to leave club at end of season

Caporegime
From a none supporter of Arsenal I personally think you need two cbs and a GK as an absolute priority. Mertesacker is leaving and Mustafi isn't good enough. Wilshire is leaving (made of pasta aswell tbf) Cazorla is close to retirement, Eleneny is no more then a back up player and Ramsey is ridiculously inconsistent.

I might be being harsh but id argue you need a gk, 2 cbs, 3 midfielders (Jack, Cazorla out) and a wide forward....s'lot a money all that.
Which is what I said earlier:confused: that our defence needs over hauling.

As for Wilshere?? I’m happy for him to stay if he signs, he’s the only player this season that gives a toss about playing for the badge. Cazorla?? He hasn’t played for a few yrs and yeh we miss him but he’s pretty much shot. I don’t think we will see him again in an arsenal shirt.

Attacking wise we are fine, I don’t see the point of spending more money when we have enough attacking players.

Associate
As far as the defence goes, I think Holding and Chambers are excellent options as 3rd and 4th choice and we also have Kolasinac and Monreal as backup, particularly if the new manager chooses to go with 3 at the back.

Our problems stem from Mustafi being inconsistent and Koscielny getting towards the end of his career and struggling with injuries. I may be optimistic, but I don't think we need another outright CB and would be better served by having a genuine DM who can slot in at the back when needed.

Don
This is not going to become a "who should Arsenal sign" thread. Keep this for discussing Wenger and his decision to step down in the summer.

Caporegime
Bit of a **** situation for the past few years Arsenal.

Amazing manager for a significant period and then the success dried up and the spending didn't consistently compete.

Shame how it turned out as he clearly wanted to do his best possible and didn't end up a nasty **** like other managers when things go poorly. (And the abuse he got/gets is pretty grim)

Soldato
Bit of a **** situation for the past few years Arsenal.

Amazing manager for a significant period and then the success dried up and the spending didn't consistently compete.

Shame how it turned out as he clearly wanted to do his best possible and didn't end up a nasty **** like other managers when things go poorly. (And the abuse he got/gets is pretty grim)

I think neutrals like you wanted wenger to stay forever as you knew for a fact that with him at arsenal, thats one less team you dont have to worry about if your team is wanting to challenge for top trophies.

Arsene Wenger gone is like us winning the title. a lot of arsenal fans are celebrating him announcing this.

Amazing stuff and if the roles where reversed, you would want wenger or <insert any similar manager> to be gone within a few seasons of deja vu. We've had over 10 years of this

Soldato
All the Wenger out supporters will realise how good they had it when Arsenal are 12th next season with a disjointed management structure and no clear long term plan as they start their foray into the world of getting a new manager every other season :p

Soldato
All the Wenger out supporters will realise how good they had it when Arsenal are 12th next season with a disjointed management structure and no clear long term plan as they start their foray into the world of getting a new manager every other season :p
had it good being 6th in the league? LOL.

Go on why dont you your club take wenger onboard, win the treble! lol.

Na mate his lost it. His an average manager at best now

Caporegime
I see Mourinho trying to be gracious about Wenger lol. He probably struggled to say anything nice about him lol.

Sir Alex said some nice things about him as well.

Over 1 million tweets about Wenger leaving now.

Caporegime
I think neutrals like you wanted wenger to stay forever as you knew for a fact that with him at arsenal, thats one less team you dont have to worry about if your team is wanting to challenge for top trophies.

Arsene Wenger gone is like us winning the title. a lot of arsenal fans are celebrating him announcing this.

Amazing stuff and if the roles where reversed, you would want wenger or <insert any similar manager> to be gone within a few seasons of deja vu. We've had over 10 years of this

I'm not neutral, I dislike Arsenal.

I know it is good for Arsenal fans that a much needed change has come?

I never disputed this, do you read what others say or just latch onto a word or two?

Caporegime

Speak for yourself, despite all the hate he got in the past few seasons by the likes of you and others. He deserves respect for what he achieved with us.

I don’t feel him leaving is like winning the title, it’s a sad sad day but for me he has done the right thing by deciding to step down at end of the season.

The best manager by a million miles for Arsenal, what he achieved with us was absolutely amazing especially the invincible season, which other teams have tried to emulate and failed.

I’d love to see the emirates stadium being named after him. That’s his legacy, he built that stadium...well not by himself lol.

That is something no other manager can lay claim to.

I’m going to miss him incredibly but it’s the right thing to do. We now need to look forward and get a new manager in who can get us back to the glory days.

Soldato
Speak for yourself, despite all the hate he got in the past few seasons by the likes of you and others. He deserves respect for what he achieved with us.

I don’t feel him leaving is like winning the title, it’s a sad sad day but for me he has done the right thing by deciding to step down at end of the season.

The best manager by a million miles for Arsenal, what he achieved with us was absolutely amazing especially the invincible season, which other teams have tried to emulate and failed.

I’d love to see the emirates stadium being named after him. That’s his legacy, he built that stadium...well not by himself lol.

That is something no other manager can lay claim to.

I’m going to miss him incredibly but it’s the right thing to do. We now need to look forward and get a new manager in who can get us back to the glory days.
ummmm Mournho, pep and FERGY all won more then wenger.

Invincibles happened so long ago. good achievement but it aint the be all end all.

Doesnt excuse being poor for the last 10 years.

Last edited:
Caporegime
ummmm Mournho, pep and FERGY all won more then wenger.
Right and so they did, what’s your point exactly?? Because he hasn’t won as much as any of them above he doesn’t reserve respect??

Mourinho, Pep and Fergie didn’t go a season unbeaten....so at least he has that over them. Oh and Pep has only won 1 epl title so far...let’s see how many he ends up along with fa cups as well. Because again Wenger has won more FA cups than any of those 3.

Soldato
Right and so they did, what’s your point exactly?? Because he hasn’t won as much as any of them above he doesn’t reserve respect??

Mourinho, Pep and Fergie didn’t go a season unbeaten....so at least he has that over them. Oh and Pep has only won 1 epl title so far...let’s see how many he ends up along with fa cups as well. Because again Wenger has won more FA cups than any of those 3.
re read my edit.

Not about winning but how poor Wenger has been for half his time at arsenal. You seem to make the invinciples an excuse for him being poor in the second half of his career at arsenal.

Sorry it doesnt. He for me has tarnished his legecy and i far one is smiling because of his exit.

You wont see me shed a tear for this bloke earning 10m a year disappointing us every damm time.

The only respect i give him is not laughing and make fun of him. That is about the only respect your getting from me from the man who has dragged our club from fighting with the big clubs to fighting with Burnley...

Soldato
I feel like Brendan Rodgers is the punishment we deserve for the disrespect shown by some of our fan base.

Soldato
I feel like Brendan Rodgers is the punishment we deserve for the disrespect shown by some of our fan base.
He wont do any worse then wenger though so why not lol!

Honestly you make it sound as if we just lost a pep or Mourinho. Wenger is nowhere near there league mate, his average and you would have to appoint someone thats below average to do worse off then wenger.

Nearly half the managers in the league are better then current Wenger.

You go on as if we wanted wenger gone after 1 season. Yet you fail to bash the likes of chelsea united's fanbase etc all wanting there previous managers gone after 2 defeats in a row...

How come its fine for chelsea and united fans to want there past managers gone after a few bad results yet if its arsenal wanting wenger gone after a 4-5 seasons of bad results where fickle and disrespectful?

Even LIVERPOOL fans once wanted KLOPPS head.... But NOOO its all good. ONLY arsenal fans can NOT ask for there manager to go without being labeled so so.

Soldato
I would say it's for the best but a lot depends on which manager they get and then if they back them. Situation could be made worse if they don't get CL as the new manager won't be able to get the best players.

Interesting times!

Back
Top Bottom