AS SSD Benchmark benchmarks!

Associate
the point is that the SSD performance at random read/write is relatively low
whereas supercache performance at random read/write is around 1000MB/sec

sequential writes to SSD have high bandwidth - supercache will (help to) order the writes into block order also

so adding supercache to your SSD will give much better performance than buying a faster SSD (ie: M225 + supercache = faster and cheaper than X25)

the 1000MB/sec benchmark was a Pentium D 830 with Raptor raid 0 x 2
with around 5000MB/sec memory bandwidth
so maybe a newer machine could get 1500MB/sec or better

Associate
(CLICK) I was having real trouble getting my SSDs to work at all.. (CLICK)

I somehow fumbled my way through installing and it's too late for me to really fiddle and optimize it but I did a few benchmarks.. I'm not sure if these results are any good but I'd be suprised if they are as, like I say, I only managed to get them going through blind luck.

If anyone knows where to go from here that would be outstanding. (sorry if I'm being lazy I'll be googling some guides tomorrow but there didnt seem much from my brief look) The guide on this forum is abit beyond me I'm afraid. (novice!)

22 seconds to boot into windows according to boottimer. (fresh install)

x-25M 80gb x2 Striped @ 64k
asGO.png

asGO1.png

Last edited:
Associate
OP
davemek27, This is the AS SSD benchmarks thread for ssd's. Please replace the ssd bench with an AS SSD one and if you need help otherwise make a new thread. Thanks.

Associate
Can somebody take a look at this and tell me if I have it set up correctly?

Many thanks.

as-ssd-benchCRUCIAL_CT64M2250111200.png

I have since updated the firmware to 1819 and my score has dropped to 182, why is this?

Also, I notice that it is detecting the SSD as IDe when it is infact SATA, and is detected as sata in the bios.

Am I doing something wrong?

Soldato
why do you only get 23.88MB/sec read on 4k-64 ???

I get this also on my x25-m 80GB (my 4k-64 read is 22.74mb/sec)... everyone else is getting over 100MB/sec... does anyone know why our 4k-64 scores are so low?

personally im using a p7p55d mobo, i7 860 2.8Ghz and 8GB G. skill DDR3 1600mhz ram.

No idea but I'm hoping TRIM will sort it out. How much space do you have left on your Intel? Intel driver or standard Windows 7? I'm using ACHI mode not IDE.

CBJ

CBJ

Associate
A pair of Crucial M225 128GB drives, about a week old, in RAID0, under Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit with nothing special shut down or stopped before running the benchmark. I've not checked the firmware version; in fact I'm not even sure how to go about doing that. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

asssd1.png
asssd2.png

asssd3.png

Associate
A pair of Crucial M225 128GB drives, about a week old, in RAID0, under Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit with nothing special shut down or stopped before running the benchmark. I've not checked the firmware version; in fact I'm not even sure how to go about doing that. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Open Intel Matrix Storage Console, Advanced View then expand the arrays on the left panel until you can see the drives listed under "RAID Hard Drives", clicking on the entry will list the drive information on the right panel where you will see an entry against Firmware :)

CBJ

CBJ

Associate
Aha! I'd been trying to work out how to get information about the RAID constituent drives as all the tools I was looking at were, as you'd expect, reporting them as a single drive. Now all I have to do is install the Intel software, which I'd neglected to do on this PC so far. Thanks for reminding me of that, as well as answering the question. :)

CBJ

CBJ

Associate
asssd1a.png
asssd2a.png

asssd3a.png

That's a nice improvement in read speed at the cost of a small loss in write speed. The ATTO Disk Benchmark confirms this. I'll settle for that. Thanks again! Oh, and the firmware version is 1571, which I think I'll stick with until the new version is out.

Associate
Here are mine then

Set up

2* Intel X25-M (Gen2 latest firmware) in Raid 0 on ICH10R mb controller - win vista 64 - intel i7 920 @3.5ghz 6gb ram

128kb stripe size 1mb offset

No optimisations really just run on normal everyday usage machine with various background tasks running

as-ssd.png
as-ssd2.png

as-ssd3.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
80GB Intel X25-M G2 (2CV102HA firmware) using the ICH10R controller Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit, Intel i7 920 @ Stock. Been using the drive for almost a week now again nothing shut down or stopped before running the benchmark.

This benchmark was taken using IDE

Now using the AHCI

Last edited:
Associate
Intel X-25M 80GB in Raid0 using the Intel drivers for ICH7R in AHCI with write cache enabled. No special tweaking done. Speeds seem fairly consistent with other peoples benchmarks :

AS-SSD-Intel.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
I just posted mine in my own thread, but I will post them in here again, as this is where they should be.. :)

67171245.png

This is 2 of the Kingston 40GB SSDNow drives in RAID-0 (128k stripe size), I've replaced my 2 x Raptors with these drives, and I must say, I'm extremely happy with them, especially because of how cheap these drives are!!

I'm going to get another 2 after New Year as well.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom