• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

ASROCK 6900 XT NOW ONLY £689.99 (£649.99 FOR LOYAL FORUM MEMBERS)

Permabanned
Go for it. You usually have to turn it on in your monitor menu it should then be auto detected in the drivers.
I have had to remove MSI AB and RTSS to stop screen flickering, but since that it works excellently, I have FreeSync Premium Pro on my ViewSonic Elite XG270QC.

Last edited:
Soldato
BTW am doing this for reference. That way I can just point people here if they have the same concerns. Which seem to be a very common set...

OK. So my rig has been upgraded since I got it three years back. It has -

Intel 12700KF overclocked to 5ghz all P cores. E cores are stock.
Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite DDR4.
TG "8 pack" DDR4 4133mhz (four sticks, 8gb x 4)
Asus 6800XT Strix LC 6800XT. I run this in the "stock overclock" now of 2450 or so game clock. Though do bear in mind I have had it to 2800mhz. To the point where you could barely touch the case because it was soaking in so much heat lol. At that stage the GPU was well over 300w.
Strix 750w gold PSU. This is the important part. It is more than enough.
EK 360 AIO basic.
AC 5 Aero LT.
EVGA Nusound.

I have all four NVME slots filled too.

c7cqZ61.jpg

This RAM is quite high voltage at the XMP.

4ZmIrxf.jpg

The PSU.

PffFzRM.png

aLeyZY0.jpg

And it is more than enough. TBH? I would say with the 6900XT being more efficient (because at the time it was the top end die) you could not get it to consume the sorts of power my 6800XT did, because I have a 240 AIO strapped to it.

So overall? a 750W, IMO, is more than enough to run one of these cards. The current spikes people are concerned about (and believe me I get it) are nowhere near as bad on AMD GPUs of this gen. That was far more an Ampere thing, and was literally the worst on the 3090.

When entering it into Google it comes up with this.

q1nvNF2.jpg

It will be even better if you are on AMD. Alderlake is fantastic, but it throws efficiency out of the window. AMD 5000 and prior top out at 3600mhz on the RAM too, so again it will use far less power than what I am running.

Associate
BTW am doing this for reference. That way I can just point people here if they have the same concerns. Which seem to be a very common set...

OK. So my rig has been upgraded since I got it three years back. It has -

Intel 12700KF overclocked to 5ghz all P cores. E cores are stock.
Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite DDR4.
TG "8 pack" DDR4 4133mhz (four sticks, 8gb x 4)
Asus 6800XT Strix LC 6800XT. I run this in the "stock overclock" now of 2450 or so game clock. Though do bear in mind I have had it to 2800mhz. To the point where you could barely touch the case because it was soaking in so much heat lol. At that stage the GPU was well over 300w.
Strix 750w gold PSU. This is the important part. It is more than enough.
EK 360 AIO basic.
AC 5 Aero LT.
EVGA Nusound.

I have all four NVME slots filled too.

c7cqZ61.jpg

This RAM is quite high voltage at the XMP.

4ZmIrxf.jpg

The PSU.

PffFzRM.png

aLeyZY0.jpg

And it is more than enough. TBH? I would say with the 6900XT being more efficient (because at the time it was the top end die) you could not get it to consume the sorts of power my 6800XT did, because I have a 240 AIO strapped to it.

So overall? a 750W, IMO, is more than enough to run one of these cards. The current spikes people are concerned about (and believe me I get it) are nowhere near as bad on AMD GPUs of this gen. That was far more an Ampere thing, and was literally the worst on the 3090.

When entering it into Google it comes up with this.

q1nvNF2.jpg

It will be even better if you are on AMD. Alderlake is fantastic, but it throws efficiency out of the window. AMD 5000 and prior top out at 3600mhz on the RAM too, so again it will use far less power than what I am running.
Jesus.. That looks like a lot of RAM.. How much is that?

Soldato
It's only 32gb.

I made a noob error as when I built it I was using an AMD CPU. I didn't realise it wouldn't run at 4133. So it was originally a 16gb kit, two 8. Then another set came up on here in the MM. 4000, but happily runs at XMP 4133.

Associate
It's only 32gb.

I made a noob error as when I built it I was using an AMD CPU. I didn't realise it wouldn't run at 4133. So it was originally a 16gb kit, two 8. Then another set came up on here in the MM. 4000, but happily runs at XMP 4133.
It's funny cause the last time I built a PC was with Intel 486 3.4ghz paired the MSI 865PE NEO2 chipset.

It seems like everything apart from the cpu's have pretty much doubled in size..

After taking delivery of the 6900XT today, holding that beast on my forearm made me feel like I could very easily render the whole of Avatar on it.. :cry::cry:

Associate
I have a couple of questions if someone wouldn't mind helping me out. I have a 750 watt seasonic gold psu from about 2018. I also have a vega 64. The pc was built by ocuk just so you know. The vega 64 has the 2 8 pin connectors but they are on a splitter. Only one plug goes into a pcie connecter on the psu. Which means I have a spare connector for the third 8 pin I need for this card.

Is it ok to use that splitter and just add another cable plugged into the other pcie slot on the psu for that third 8 pin? If thats a yes, please point me towards what cable I need. not fussy here just needs to do the job. (pc under the desk).

Thanks

Soldato
I have a couple of questions if someone wouldn't mind helping me out. I have a 750 watt seasonic gold psu from about 2018. I also have a vega 64. The pc was built by ocuk just so you know. The vega 64 has the 2 8 pin connectors but they are on a splitter. Only one plug goes into a pcie connecter on the psu. Which means I have a spare connector for the third 8 pin I need for this card.

Is it ok to use that splitter and just add another cable plugged into the other pcie slot on the psu for that third 8 pin? If thats a yes, please point me towards what cable I need. not fussy here just needs to do the job. (pc under the desk).

Thanks

OK. Does the PSU have sockets for more connectors? is it just as simple as you not having the spare cables? Personally I would want to feed it over three cables. I doubt you would melt anything, but you know? peace of mind.

Associate
I have 1 slot labeled pcie on the psu which is empty. Just wondered if the splitter on the single cable attached to the psu is ok. If its just a cable plug it in and go,happy days! If I need 3 seperate cables rather than 1 direct and one with a splitter, not so happy. :)

Soldato
I've caved, will be a nice upgrade to my gtx 1080. Does it come with any adapters? I've got a modular 850w psu, but can't remember if I have a spare cable for it or not (currently use 2x pcie 8 plugs).

Soldato
I've caved, will be a nice upgrade to my gtx 1080. Does it come with any adapters? I've got a modular 850w psu, but can't remember if I have a spare cable for it or not (currently use 2x pcie 8 plugs).
Pretty sure for a branded modular 850W PSU they would come with at least two sets of 2x PCIE 6+2 plugs cables...

You might have to find your PSU box and look in it if you have kept it, or you'd have to try to remember where you have put the extra cables :p

Soldato
Just be careful if you need a new cable, the pinout must be the same, not all PSU cables are the same and are not interchangeable.

OcUK Staff
OP
This deal shall be ending this week and I shall be increasing the price!

So if a forum members / customer wants a card at £649 now is the time to act, I shall increase the pricing at somepoint tomorrow by around £40-50, the voucher code shall be left active but of course the new price with voucher will be £689-699, so consider this a heads up and if you have not yet grabbed one of these great cards, DO IT, DO IT NOW!! :)

Associate
Can someone please reassure me that there is little point me switching out the 3080Ti I bought in the MM very recently for this? :cry:

I had already had an offer accepted when I saw this and didn't want to bail out as I thought the difference would be small, but stupidly I have stayed subbed to this thread and each time I see a post it makes me want to buy one! Doesn't help I'm playing a lot of MW2 and Hardware Unboxed's GPU comparisons suggest a bit of an uplift in that title.

The third power connector would sadden me though as I only have two of my new white cables :(

Back
Top Bottom