• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

ASROCK X570 TAICHI - THE RYZEN 3000 MOTHERBOARD GIBBO & 8 PACK RECOMMENDS

Soldato
1.4v Dram AND 1.15 soc volts can help.
And it can be any one of motherboard, ram or cpu IMC causing a percieved lack of Mhz.
8 pack is telling you that when you are booting up the motherboard is telling you (8D) it cannot train to the memory with your current settings.
If it cant train the memory it will boot up at slower default values.

I had some cold boot issues just after boards released and all i had to do to stop them dead was up the Dram volts. At least to 1.3v dont try to run at 1.2 from experience.

Thanks. XMP is 1.35 by default havn't run it any lower than that, its currently at 3666mhz and seems stable for now, touch wood.

Cold boot issue today on 2.73. Same as previous - no diagnostic display on, fans full tilt.... sits for a good while then restarts. Goes through loads of codes, hard to follow, fans ramping up and down a few times then finally allows me into bios. All settings reset, including time being off.

Back to 2.10. Load defaults then enable xmp. Booted up fine. If problem reoccurs on 2.10 (been stable for me before) I'm calling it quits and getting a different board as this one is driving me nuts now.

If the reset button or off button on the case won't get it out of the reboot cycle switch it off on the PSU or at the wall than it behaves as if nothing was wrong, been there done that more times than I care to mention but seems to behaving itself of late. Well aside from the chipset fan making a grinding noise this morning, thats a new one.

Last edited:
Associate
This week I've replaced my LG34UC87 ultrawide with an LG34GK950F - first time I've had freesync and a >60hz monitor. Previously tended to play games with vsync on, so my radeon vii wasn't always pushed to the limit. Things were reasonably cool and quiet.

Now that I've got vsync off and using freesync, and going for higher frame rates - all that's changed. :( Boy this board gets hot! I know the radeon Vii isn't doing me any favours thanks to essentially blocking the chipset cooler fan grill, and venting into the case but chipset is hitting very high 70's and fan ramping up above 5000rpm. The motherboard cover plate get's pretty hot to the touch as well. I'm using a corsair air 540 case with twin 140mm fans on the front, one of the rear and one up top. Plenty of air flow. I've tried running with side panel off and laying on it's side which helps a little, but not as much as expected.

Already undervolting the R VII, and also tried having a fan blowing onto the board from the side to help cool the cover plate but still warm. Given that there is only a smallish thermal pad between the chipset cooler and the cover plate, has anybody tried running it without and does it make much of a difference either way? Since some other boards have only the chipset cooler and seperate M2 cooling heatsinks, curious how effective a full plate is - does it actually protect the board? Would think the slits above the chipset fan aren't helping airflow either, with the metal sections restricting it a fair bit?

Edit: Nevermind, I think the heat is being caused by the R VII, especially going by how toasty the backplate on the card gets. Probably heating up everything around it.

Last edited:
Soldato
This week I've replaced my LG34UC87 ultrawide with an LG34GK950F - first time I've had freesync and a >60hz monitor. Previously tended to play games with vsync on, so my radeon vii wasn't always pushed to the limit. Things were reasonably cool and quiet.

Now that I've got vsync off and using freesync, and going for higher frame rates - all that's changed. :( Boy this board gets hot! I know the radeon Vii isn't doing me any favours thanks to essentially blocking the chipset cooler fan grill, and venting into the case but chipset is hitting very high 70's and fan ramping up above 5000rpm. The motherboard cover plate get's pretty hot to the touch as well. I'm using a corsair air 540 case with twin 140mm fans on the front, one of the rear and one up top. Plenty of air flow. I've tried running with side panel off and laying on it's side which helps a little, but not as much as expected.

Already undervolting the R VII, and also tried having a fan blowing onto the board from the side to help cool the cover plate but still warm. Given that there is only a smallish thermal pad between the chipset cooler and the cover plate, has anybody tried running it without and does it make much of a difference either way? Since some other boards have only the chipset cooler and seperate M2 cooling heatsinks, curious how effective a full plate is - does it actually protect the board? Would think the slits above the chipset fan aren't helping airflow either, with the metal sections restricting it a fair bit?

Personally I do not like the board at all. The 5700XT cannot clip on the PCIe also so is pretty lose sometimes when cleaning the system comes off.
Wrote several times, this is not a good board tbh. As soon at the B550 comes out I will replace it. I do not see the reason keeping X570 if B550 supports PCIe 4.0 and has the same wiring for the 20 CPU lanes. Otherwise will replace it with the X570 Tomahawk

MSI X570 Unify or X570 Tomahawk are far superior boards for that money, main reason the chipset is down to the bottom away from all cards etc and have no shroud for the fan to grind.

Associate
Well the board works fine for me without issues.
3900X
2 cores hit 4675
2 at 4650 and the rest not far behind.

32Gb IF 1900
Mem at 3800 16.16.16

No grinding noises from fan.

But if you have problems you are obviously gonna moan about them.

Just the majority who have no issue rarely bother to post about it.

One thing I will agree on is the fan could have been better placed but it stays within temp spec so its not an issue and can't hear the fan anyway at performance setting.

Soldato
No grinding noises from fan.

But if you have problems you are obviously gonna moan about them.

Just the majority who have no issue rarely bother to post about it.

One thing I will agree on is the fan could have been better placed but it stays within temp spec so its not an issue and can't hear the fan anyway at performance setting.

I do not believe any one who says "majority who have no issue" because the GPU not been secured properly on the pcie slots and been loose due to the cover, exists on everyone who uses this motherboard. 3 GPUs do not do it, so is not the graphic cards but the motherboard.

Associate
I do not believe any one who says "majority who have no issue" because the GPU not been secured properly on the pcie slots and been loose due to the cover, exists on everyone who uses this motherboard. 3 GPUs do not do it, so is not the graphic cards but the motherboard.

I don't have any issues with the board using the last couple of BIOS including the GPU slot issue you have described. File a warranty claim if there is a hardware issue.

Associate
Hmm.... another cold boot issue today, but slightly different. Switched on and when I checked the screen it showed just the ASRock logo. No spinning disk thing for windows loading. Diagnostic panel was off so assume it had posted. No disk activity. Pressed reset button and it's loaded up fine. Have an M2 boot drive in top m2 socket (running off CPU lanes?) so starting to wonder if there's a cold boot issue with the cpu? I do have other non-bootable drives connected via sata.

Will monitor, do more testing etc. Hopeing things aren't degrading, or if they are something causes a definitive fault rather than these intermittant cold boot issues which are a pain to diagnose.

Associate
I would add whether you choose to believe it or not but my 1080ti has no issues locking into the PCIE slot.

I also have no cold boot issues but then I do not have an M2 drive. I have not been convinced that in the real world it actually offers much over my sata drives.
For those with boot issues I assume you have raised the Dram voltage from auto?

So Panos you have interviewed every single owner and had your hypothesis that they all suffer PCIE issues confirmed?
Because if you have it seems I was left out of the survey as my data does not comply with your crusade.

Equally I cannot trust a statement from anyone who states
exists on everyone who uses this motherboard.

Last edited:
Associate
I would add whether you choose to believe it or not but my 1080ti has no issues locking into the PCIE slot.

I also have no cold boot issues but then I do not have an M2 drive. I have not been convinced that in the real world it actually offers much over my sata drives.
For those with boot issues I assume you have raised the Dram voltage from auto?

So Panos you have interviewed every single owner and had your hypothesis that they all suffer PCIE issues confirmed?
Because if you have it seems I was left out of the survey as my data does not comply with your crusade.

Equally I cannot trust a statement from anyone who states

Using XMP profile which sets memory to 1.35v. I've tried upping the voltage a bit more but still got the cold boots especially on newer bios. It's frustrating in that it's just the cold boot - during use it's been stable, benchmarks run fine etc.

As for the pcie clips - no problem with mine securing the card, although the R VII is pretty much a block. I have the opposite issue - trying to release the clip. The cover plate and shape of the gfx cars means I need to find something long, thin and pokey to push the clip down. :)

Associate
I got round to changing the thermal pads on the chipset fan heat sink . I used thermal Grizzly pads. A 1.5 mm direct to thr chip and a 1 mm on the heatsink itself. You have to remove the first heasink by un screwing it from the back of the motherboard . And of corse the cover which just unscrews from the front. As a note i have a Saphire nitro vega 64 blowing hot air into the fan so temps were quite toasty. Before i replaced the thermal pads i had an idle temp of 49-51 deg C. With a load of 69-73 deg C. Now my iddle is 46-48 dg C with a load of 64-66 deg C. All in all even though it was a pain removing the motherboard i am happy i did,as the gains are a definate improvement...

Associate
I got round to changing the thermal pads on the chipset fan heat sink . I used thermal Grizzly pads. A 1.5 mm direct to thr chip and a 1 mm on the heatsink itself. You have to remove the first heasink by un screwing it from the back of the motherboard . And of corse the cover which just unscrews from the front. As a note i have a Saphire nitro vega 64 blowing hot air into the fan so temps were quite toasty. Before i replaced the thermal pads i had an idle temp of 49-51 deg C. With a load of 69-73 deg C. Now my iddle is 46-48 dg C with a load of 64-66 deg C. All in all even though it was a pain removing the motherboard i am happy i did,as the gains are a definate improvement...

good temp reduction that!
would never of thought the pads made that much difference, over say like a fan blowing over the vrm area

Back
Top Bottom