Assassin's Creed Odyssey

Soldato
Yeah I get that too it's just that I was hoping to get the special items that are needed last as I was worried it would progress me a bit too far into the game.

You can get them anytime, I'm level 37 now and have been killing level 49 guards and so far one cult member by climbing onto a nearby temple roof, swapping gear to rasie my hunter level, using the supershot bow twice on them with explosive arrows. Then headshotting them until I have enough adrelaine to do it all again. I did count using over 100 arrows to kill 5 of them, which was lucky as they were all huddled together.

Associate
Seems slow to me, and the boat is going slower as well? I guess I won't notice by tomorrow.

I hadn't actually realised that you could "walk" until I saw that video of the guy literally walking across the map. On the controller running is the more obvious choice.

Man of Honour
OP
Really need to move on from Phokis this weekend :D (need to finish all of the quests first though!). At least with no major events like the God events in Origins there is less of a rush.

Man of Honour
Seems slow to me, and the boat is going slower as well? I guess I won't notice by tomorrow.

I hadn't actually realised that you could "walk" until I saw that video of the guy literally walking across the map. On the controller running is the more obvious choice.

I'd be happy with the boat moving slower, it is a little speedboaty at times :)

Man of Honour
Soldato
So, when I ran around a bit earlier I saw this. Not sure what happened, unless there is a serial killer in town but there was 5 dead women laying there, and no one seems to bothered about it either. :confused:

53l4Ovx.jpg

Anyone else had strange things like this happening to them ?

Man of Honour
OP
^^reminds me of all the people killed in forts. They do get cleared away, but the guards don't seem overly fussed :D

Events start soon I think (level 30 and above), not Gods this time around though but I believe this time they aren't quite a time restricted as the Origins ones.

https://www.playstationlifestyle.ne...creed-odyssey-events-beginning-soon/#/slide/1

By the sounds of it slightly less epic, but more frequent with legendary boats, mercenaries etc. Sounds good. Never going to hit 30 in time for the start though :(

Man of Honour
So, when I ran around a bit earlier I saw this. Not sure what happened, unless there is a serial killer in town but there was 5 dead women laying there, and no one seems to bothered about it either. :confused:

53l4Ovx.jpg

Anyone else had strange things like this happening to them ?

I absolutely have yes..

I've had many interesting things happen, one time I saw a parade of about 20-30 people who were just walking together down a road , a road literally in the middle of nowhere, nothing to do with a quest or anything. Anyway, I followed them and they wandered down this road, with about 4 or 5 goats in tow, and went all the way down to the beach where they sacrificed one of the goats and then all walked back to town again.

Another time, I was wandering through a town and heard sounds of fighting, followed the sound and found several townspeople attacking a man, they fought him and killed him and then they all dispersed. After they had gone away, I walked over to the dead guys body and found a note on it which gave directions to a hidden location where he had stashed his loot, turns out that he was clearly a thief who had been stealing from the people of the town and they finally caught him and killed him in the streets. I found the stash location and got several hundred drachmae and a bunch of other loot. As far as I'm aware, there was again no quest for this, it just seemed to be something which cropped up on the fly :)

Soldato
Certain towns have internal conflicts and weird goings on, especially at night...

On another note I haven't noticed the running speed being any different. Selling stuff to vendors ie the selling delay is much shorter for sure.

Soldato
I absolutely have yes..

I've had many interesting things happen, one time I saw a parade of about 20-30 people who were just walking together down a road , a road literally in the middle of nowhere, nothing to do with a quest or anything. Anyway, I followed them and they wandered down this road, with about 4 or 5 goats in tow, and went all the way down to the beach where they sacrificed one of the goats and then all walked back to town again.

Another time, I was wandering through a town and heard sounds of fighting, followed the sound and found several townspeople attacking a man, they fought him and killed him and then they all dispersed. After they had gone away, I walked over to the dead guys body and found a note on it which gave directions to a hidden location where he had stashed his loot, turns out that he was clearly a thief who had been stealing from the people of the town and they finally caught him and killed him in the streets. I found the stash location and got several hundred drachmae and a bunch of other loot. As far as I'm aware, there was again no quest for this, it just seemed to be something which cropped up on the fly :)
That's not bad though, especially the last part ! :p It's good that they have the none communicable NCP's doing something then just filling out the game. I was just surprised with seeing 5 dead bodies at that place for no particular reason. I might run around a bit more later and then go back there and see if there is more bodies before I board the ship and continue the story ! :p

Soldato
So is this better than Origins?

I tho0ught Origins was good. But after a while there is no variety in the quests.

From reviews I've watched it's more of the same with a tweaked combat system but you hit a wall around level 12 - 16 that stops you progressing the main story as you need to do sidequests to level up (this seems to be the big thing reviewers have moaned about)

Man of Honour
OP
So is this better than Origins?

I tho0ught Origins was good. But after a while there is no variety in the quests.

Lots more to do than Origins - more RPG elements, Black flag style naval combat, region conquests, big ground battles, more interesting combat, mercenary system, to name just a few. I wasn't expecting to prefer this over Origins, but it offers a lot more. Also runs better for me. Much better. Also - SPARTA!

From reviews I've watched it's more of the same with a tweaked combat system but you hit a wall around level 12 - 16 that stops you progressing the main story as you need to do sidequests to level up (this seems to be the big thing reviewers have moaned about)

I haven't hit a wall, but then there is so much to do it would be crazy to just rush through the main quest. Fortunately many of the side quests are great (I have completed many by accident just by exploring).

Soldato
I think Origins and Odyssey trade blows equally. There are things both games does right and wrong. Origins had more variety of NPC's doing different things, whereas in Odyssey most of them just stand around chilling, blacksmiths and guard patrols being the norm in both games. Sea Combat isn't as good as Black Flag imo but its still up there and does quite well despite there being a lesser variety of ships. Speaking of seas, where is my mini canoe rescue man NPC who always appeared to save me in Origins?! I miss him.

By'eck would comment on the alien architecture of Isu structures. Kass just goes into Gordon Freeman mode, which I find very odd and lacking.

With regards to the 'hitting the wall at 16' - don't listen to Mack's (WaB) reviews when it comes to RPG's - he just hasn't got the playstyle for them period. Hell he couldn't even get Witcher 3 or Horizon Dawns Zero praised. There is no wall - just keep playing as you do and you'll get XP just fine and from my perspective experience gain is no different to Origins.

Apparently Odyssey and Origins were developed side by side so they won't push the envelope on certain features THAT far compared to a true sequel. If you liked Origins, then this will be right up your path.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I haven't hit a wall, but then there is so much to do it would be crazy to just rush through the main quest. Fortunately many of the side quests are great (I have completed many by accident just by exploring).

Thats because by and large, reviewers are utter idiots. They arent interested in playing a game, they're interested in rushing a game so that they can get their review or youtube video out first to get the hits to their site. Why would anyone play a game, especially an open world game, and only do main story quests and do nothing and see nothing of the rest of the gameworld thats been created. Stupid *****.

Man of Honour
OP
My only concern is that I will reach the level cap with many quests left to complete (at least in Origins you could keep levelling up, albeit only gaining tiny percentages to your stats).

Back
Top Bottom