Assassin's Creed Odyssey

Soldato
Gone back to my 167 hour game to play Fate of Atlantis.... Well, I am going to at some point. I've still got 5 Lost Tales of Greece to do yet!

Oh and as for future entries, I really can't believe we aren't getting a roman republic/empire setting. So many great characters and stories.

Soldato
I expect we may get a Rome at another’s point, but given we have already had Rome in the series, looks like they want to hit up new locations with each game.

Man of Honour
Isn't the next one Viking?

They could do an awesome feudal Japan or Mayan/Aztec one.

There was a rumour a long while ago that the 3rd one was going to be Viking, the rumour comes and goes. There were some "leaked" screenshots but they turned out to be fake. Whether all the rumours started in the first place because of a no smoke without fire situation or not I dont know.

In some ways it wouldnt make too much timeline sense, it would mean we've gone from Ancient Egypt to Ancient Greece and then suddenly jumped to the Dark Ages/Middle Ages for the time of the Vikings. If they want to continue the "Ancient" theme then maybe an Ancient India/China/Japan time frame would make more sense. But ultimately we'll have to see, one thing that seems certain is that whenever its set, it will be another amazing gameworld.

Soldato
Is there any word on where the next title will be set? I'd imagine Rome would be ripe for a game at some stage, but doubt they'd do that straight after Greece.
India or China, for me, particularly India for the huge number of Mughal forts, rich Maharajas and plenty of intrigue with the East India company & soldiers, it would make a splendid setting. And assasins really existed and were called Thuggees ( silent 'H')

China and the great wall for similar reasons,

Man of Honour
India or China, for me, particularly India for the huge number of Mughal forts, rich Maharajas and plenty of intrigue with the East India company & soldiers, it would make a splendid setting. And assasins really existed and were called Thuggees ( silent 'H')

China and the great wall for similar reasons,

Ancient India would be a great setting imo, they could tie the whole thing in with the Mahabharata and the "ancient aliens" theories surrounding an ancient nuclear war having happened in ancient india and all the tales of mushroom clouds and radiation posioning and so on, which could very easily be given an Izu twist. Its a very fascinating thing in fact if you read about it, some of the descriptions of things really do sound like nuclear weapons and fallout.

However I dont know whether they might think that Ancient India is not a highly marketable setting but we will see, it might also be that they've done a sandy/barren gameworld (in Origins) and then done a sea/mediterranean gameworld (in Odyssey) and so they might want to go for something different along the lines of a foresty/moutainous gameworld this time round (Vikings or China/Japan)

Soldato
India? Nah, not for me. Now a late Roman Empire as it's collapsing in on itself, say around the time of the withdrawel of Roman administration from Britannia and settings across Byzantiun, Italia, Gaul and including Britannia as well. So many possibilities of stories involving the interferance of the various factions causing the catastrophic collapse of the Empire. That would be awsome :D

Man of Honour
India? Nah, not for me. Now a late Roman Empire as it's collapsing in on itself, say around the time of the withdrawel of Roman administration from Britannia and settings across Byzantiun, Italia, Gaul and including Britannia as well. So many possibilities of stories involving the interferance of the various factions causing the catastrophic collapse of the Empire. That would be awsome :D

The Izu aspect would be something to do with the roman Gods?

Soldato
So, obviously as you can tell from the thread, I love this game. I've got 175 hours. I've just started the Fate of Atlantis dlc and.... I really don't like it. Quality, especially in writing has taken a nosedive imo. Environment looks nice, but nothing really makes sense. Typical Ubisoft dropping the ball with the writing trying to be too clever.

Associate
So, obviously as you can tell from the thread, I love this game. I've got 175 hours. I've just started the Fate of Atlantis dlc and.... I really don't like it. Quality, especially in writing has taken a nosedive imo. Environment looks nice, but nothing really makes sense. Typical Ubisoft dropping the ball with the writing trying to be too clever.

It does make sense. Elysium was fantastic - your decisions really affect the dialogue and how much Persephone trusts in you (but afaik, the ending still happens for canon into Ep.2)

I've literally just killed Cerberos (Cerberus the three headed dog), but I do see what they did with a certain dog called 'Ros' being needed to enter Hades realm in the Underworld.

It's honestly well written, understanding where it is going is the slightly tasking thing.

Shawrey

Soldato
Ancient India would be a great setting imo, they could tie the whole thing in with the Mahabharata and the "ancient aliens" theories surrounding an ancient nuclear war having happened in ancient india and all the tales of mushroom clouds and radiation posioning and so on, which could very easily be given an Izu twist. Its a very fascinating thing in fact if you read about it, some of the descriptions of things really do sound like nuclear weapons and fallout.

However I dont know whether they might think that Ancient India is not a highly marketable setting but we will see, it might also be that they've done a sandy/barren gameworld (in Origins) and then done a sea/mediterranean gameworld (in Odyssey) and so they might want to go for something different along the lines of a foresty/moutainous gameworld this time round (Vikings or China/Japan)

The issue with Origins and Odyssey is they are quite similar games. I want to see a distinct fighting style change. I could imagine a Japan setting with Samurais and Ninjas etc, but I want to see new fight moves from the main character.

Back
Top Bottom