Assassin's Creed Odyssey

Soldato
It took me until about 110 hours before I had completed the story but I took everything at my own pace and spent a lot of time bounty hunter, hunting. The DLC I think added another good 45 hours of game time for me. I haven't even completed the third chapter yet so I am speculating each chapter taking me about 10-15 hours

Soldato
PSA you can turn up the FOV beyond 115% by manually modifying the ACOdyssey.ini file in the documents folder of the game (setting is called FOVScale). Running it at 145% and it's great! Only sad I didn't think about it earlier. Now if only there was a way to get better long-distance lod models, the game would be perfect!

LBgVDwg.jpg
kzKHO5P.jpg

Soldato
Associate
Vikings, sadly. I was hoping for Rome too. Anything snow-themed I just glaze over immediately, for some reason it just bores me immensely.

https://www.gamereactor.eu/report-assassins-creed-is-heading-into-the-viking-age/

Ah, interesting - I was going to say I could see Vikings or China (due to plenty of mythology). If it's a Viking one I'm sure they won't limit it just to Scandinavia - after all, the Vikings went as far as North America and all around Europe, so they could have a lot of different options.

Man of Honour
I'm insanely excited for the third game, Origins and Odyssey were my games of the year for their respective years and really looking forward to the Viking aesthetics

Caporegime
Ah, interesting - I was going to say I could see Vikings or China (due to plenty of mythology). If it's a Viking one I'm sure they won't limit it just to Scandinavia - after all, the Vikings went as far as North America and all around Europe, so they could have a lot of different options.
I hope they include England in it. Exploring the likes of Wessex and Mercia would be awesome.

Caporegime
Yeah, I was primarily thinking of some invasion of the Isles, though as they've already had a game set in England I'm not sure they'd go back (even though it's a very different time period).
Sailing across the North Sea in a longboat, rocking up at Lindisfarne and ruthlessly slaughtering dozens of innocent priests and nicking the churches gold in the name of Odin, sounds like a great, albeit slightly blasphemous way to spend a quiet afternoon.

Soldato
I would really love to see a South American one, during the Spanish conquest era with Aztec empire as backdrop. Could be made to be a good story IMO with Templar's being the one urging the Spanish to carry out the conquests with the backdrop being they know Aztec's have pieces of Eden etc.

Caporegime
I can't believe we haven't had China or India in a "proper" release. Those lands are rich in the sort of culture that befits these new AC games especially. I'm wondering if they might come next gen once this "antiquity" trilogy is done. They might move over to Asia for a trilogy in China, India and Japan.

Back
Top Bottom