Assassin’s Creed Origins

I've improved my performance by doing this:

Install River Tuner Statistics Server - set it to 50fps target framerate.
Go to NVidia Control Panel and make sure Origins is using Performance Mode.
In game, set Vsync to be on. Framerate limit off.

Now I can run the game at a solid 4K 50fps with Ultra profile, but AA is set to Low.

If I don't do this, then the game will fluctuate a lot as it cannot keep a constant 60fps+ but it can at 50fps.

Thank you for this, did the same but 45fps, so much smoother! Even in cities.

Glad it worked for you :)
Beautiful game!

It really is, but my 3570k is being hammered, even though it's OC'd to 4.2Ghz, even tried pushing it to 4.4Ghz in the hopes of a boost, but nothing changed except insane temps. Shame really, my 980ti isn't even being taxed that much! Well, she had a good run whilst it lasts, 5 years... Not too shabby for a CPU.

As Digitalx said - DRM is what is being put in our minds as it is triple-drming it at times.
Even my 1700X is hitting 100% on all 8 cores. I'm sure that is what is causing framerate drops.

Hitting average 40 fps at 2560x1600 on a GTX 970 with a mix of medium and high settings. Kinda given up new titles at this res on an old GPU but this looks and runs great so far.

My 5820k is ticking over at 40% usage across all cores....

Loving the photo mode and the fact that other players' photos are marked on the map, really cool stuff. Still so much Siwa to explore, will have to give up on Tekken today and dive into this later in the evening:p

Discussing a couple of minor, unlikely spoiler bits, but best to be safe than sorry.

"woaahh, so aggro"... Jesus christ, either I'm getting old or the dialogue from the female on the voice system outside of the animus is cringy and annoying. Biggest let down so far lol.

Massive highlight though, had to break into the royal palace, used Senu to find a way without alerting or having to kill a single guard. Never thought I'd like the bird mechanic but it works really well.

Last edited:
For sure its a fantastic looking game some of the textures are very low res & the texture streaming on PC is a little slow at times but apart from that its very solid technically as the loading is pretty seamless. But sales are down a lot on the last game in the series (probably franchise fatigue for many gamers).

For sure its a fantastic looking game some of the textures are very low res & the texture streaming on PC is a little slow at times but apart from that its very solid technically as the loading is pretty seamless. But sales are down a lot on the last game in the series (probably franchise fatigue for many gamers).

I know what you mean about the textures. I doubt many PCs would handle higher res textures with the current performance level. Sales might pick up through word of mouth, people were put off by previous buggy titles. Syndicate was a lot better, but again I suspect previous titles put them off that one too.

by far the best game environment in any PC game made tbh

lvl 25 now and some of the places ive been have looked incredible and especially being in 21:9 and max FOV.. only thing is playing on hard is still very easy :( only time ive died was from a synchronization point and i jumped off at the wrong angle and went splat!

and who cares about textures not once have i thought "OH LOOK THAT TEXTURE SUCKS" atleast they dont repeat the same buildings and **** throughout the game like a lot of games do!

by far the best game environment in any PC game made tbh

and who cares about textures not once have i thought "OH LOOK THAT TEXTURE SUCKS" atleast they dont repeat the same buildings and **** throughout the game like a lot of games do!

Agreed :)

It even rivals the witcher 3s environment imo.

Oooooooo, careful now lads, go back to Witcher 3 and repeat those claims :P Personally, I think it's a great game, but nothing on Witcher 3 in terms of environment or world, however combat, easily topples Witcher 3 in that department.

Anyway, does anyone know what the percentage is based upon in the Ubisoft client? It's stating I'm 25% complete but I've barely gone through anything? Only level 17 and just doing side quests and '?' items on the map.

Back
Top Bottom