Assassin’s Creed Origins

What weapons are people using? I am using a legendary staff that burns everything on contact. Originally went with daggers, but with the staff you don't need to lock on as much so can take out everyone in a 360 arc. Using a predator bow more often than expected. Using a curved sword for quick animals.

What is the deal with upgrading weapons. It isn't super expensive, but the cost doesn't seem much if you leave it for a few levels. I think I have been upgrading way more often than needed.

W3 is the most overrated game I've played in the last 5 years or so (in quite a few regards), finshed tha base game with expansions and don't plan on going back to it anytime soon (Toussaint was great, though):p

It's still good but I'm a million times more impressed with the world in Origins, the amount of detail is astounding when you look around and observe people. Plus, it looks a lot better (the water engine is especially very pretty) and the animations are less stiff.

W3 is the most overrated game I've played in the last 5 years or so (in quite a few regards), finshed tha base game with expansions and don't plan on going back to it anytime soon (Toussaint was great, though):p

It's still good but I'm a million times more impressed with the world in Origins, the amount of detail is astounding when you look around and observe people. Plus, it looks a lot better (the water engine is especially very pretty) and the animations are less stiff.

Great being able to fly over it with the eagle too. Was expecting to not like the eagle, but it is a good addition. Didn't realise that viewpoints expand its scouting range.

lvl 25 now and some of the places ive been have looked incredible and especially being in 21:9 and max FOV..

Good to see 21:9 support is available, although this needs to go onto my wishlist for now... There's been too many good games released this past wee while so I won't get round to this until I've at least done Shadow of War & Wolfenstein.

Horse riding is better in AC then witcher.
Combat is better.
Movement is better eg swimming etc.
World feels more alive.

Only thing I'd say Witcher is better is story telling but I'm not that far into AC story yet so I'll judge that after I've finished it.

Completed Witcher and all the expansion too.

Combat is better.
World feels more alive.

Only thing I'd say Witcher is better is story telling but I'm not that far into AC story yet so I'll judge that after I've finished it.

Seconded on all points.

Combat is better.
World feels more alive.

My personal opinion is Witcher is a better game, agreed on all but the world points, but again, all down to personal preference. Witcher 3 is my #1 fave game of all time. So obviously I'll be bias.

Combat is better.
World feels more alive.

Can you ride sitting backwards in Witcher 3, cause you can in Origins :).

What weapons are people using? I am using a legendary staff that burns everything on contact. Originally went with daggers, but with the staff you don't need to lock on as much so can take out everyone in a 360 arc. Using a predator bow more often than expected. Using a curved sword for quick animals.

What is the deal with upgrading weapons. It isn't super expensive, but the cost doesn't seem much if you leave it for a few levels. I think I have been upgrading way more often than needed.

Using curved sickle sword that deals bleed over time effect, though tbh rarely use it. Find Bows in this game are monsters. Hunters bow Primary and Predator bow as backup can just head shoot every everyone with them and arrow locations are plentiful.

In regards to upgrading cost, I believe it depends on the quality of the item, so a legendary Yellow item costs way more then the other parts. Right now would cost me $4k gold to upgrade my Yellow bow from level 10 to 15 while a blue bow at level 8 to 15 is only couple of $100.

Finished a couple of sidequests and I'm now sailing on that big lake in Siwa under the moonlight and birds are taking off from the water surface... To even think that this is just a small starting area... Very impressive stuff, it's like a holiday ticket to ancient Egypt.

Finished a couple of sidequests and I'm now sailing on that big lake in Siwa under the moonlight and birds are taking off from the water surface... To even think that this is just a small starting area... Very impressive stuff, it's like a holiday ticket to ancient Egypt.

One thing that constantly amazes me, is the thought as I wander around in the game, that in reality many of the constructions that these Egyptians would have seen daily were already hundreds and hundreds of years old. That they had their own Ancient Egypt.

One thing that constantly amazes me, is the thought as I wander around in the game, that in reality many of the constructions that these Egyptians would have seen daily were already hundreds and hundreds of years old. That they had their own Ancient Egypt.

Had never really thought of this myself...

Exactly, many of the constructions were already quite ancient for them. There's an enormous time gap between the reign of Cleopatra and many of the constructions in the game, it's fascinating.

I love the ecosystem, BTW. I stumbled upon a small oasis with loads of flamingos flying about and suddenly an eagle attacked one of them. Hyenas came for dinner not long after:p It really makes the world feel alive.

Played around 6 hours, still at the starting area. Just got to say it really is magnificent made, been running around, enjoying the scenario and all. Do have a couple questions.

Considering it is like a revenge thing, I take it any Military Posts will be taken out, even if no quest to go there ? Like the Smith had one for one of the place, but the other place I not got a quest to go there yet, although hoovering over the place it says to kill the Captain there. So, any such places is more or less fair game ??

Also curious about the "caravans" that run through the city, are they bandits or not ?? Sometimes they attacked me if I was close enough, otherwise just riding pass me. So little confusing. :confused:

Maybe this is just me but I find me constantly rehitting M after I am done with the map but nope, has to be ESC to close it ! :mad: (Driving me slightly up the wall for the moment bu guess I coming over it after some more hours played. :p )

What settings have people settled on?

I've gone for 1440p30 with vsync and ultra quality. Perfect frame pacing just makes it feel much better. Using an overclocked GTX 1080.

I've tried without vsync and lower settings to get 50-60 fps. But it just isn't as smooth as with vsync at 30. Vsync 60 isn't possible even at 1080p and dropped to very high quality + Adaptive AA.

Time to actually play the game now.

Considering it is like a revenge thing, I take it any Military Posts will be taken out, even if no quest to go there ? Like the Smith had one for one of the place, but the other place I not got a quest to go there yet, although hoovering over the place it says to kill the Captain there. So, any such places is more or less fair game ??

Yup those spots can be in a side quest your given or as part of a random spot you come across. Either way attack the place for loot / XP when clearing place out. At times can even get a quest for a place you already cleared out.

Also curious about the "caravans" that run through the city, are they bandits or not ?? Sometimes they attacked me if I was close enough, otherwise just riding pass me. So little confusing. :confused:

I think they are soldiers of the typical kind transporting res, but you can attack yourself to gain the goods.

I know what you mean about the textures. I doubt many PCs would handle higher res textures with the current performance level. Sales might pick up through word of mouth, people were put off by previous buggy titles. Syndicate was a lot better, but again I suspect previous titles put them off that one too.
LOD for the background is also very low seems to be how they keep the VRam useage low its only just over 4GB at 4K fully maxxed out! Which means lots of pop in on distant scenery unfortunately.

Back
Top Bottom