Assassin’s Creed Origins

https://overclock3d.net/news/softwa...as_now_no_perceptible_effect_on_performance/1

We’re confirming that the anti-tamper solutions implemented in the Windows PC version of Assassin’s Creed Origins have no perceptible effect on game performance.
In order to recreate a living, systemic and majestic open world of Ancient Egypt, where players can witness all of its stunning details, its beautiful landscapes & incredible cities, in a completely seamless way with no loading screens, Assassin’s Creed Origins uses the full extent of the minimum and recommended PC system requirements here: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1759689 while ensuring a steady 30 FPS performance.

We’re committed to ensuring the most optimum experience possible for everyone, and we advise any players who may encounter performance issues on PC to check out support.ubi.com as there might be already a workaround or to contact us further explaining their issues so that we can solve them.

Playing it is fine, but trying to do anything else while it's open is near impossible.

So, in other words, no chance of having the DRM removed which is clearly causing the issues with maxed out CPU's...

Just connected my twitch prime account which is free with Amazon prime to Uplay and got the below.

x6eKyvR.png
Oh, it also seems I was given the season pass with the deluxe version that I bought from steam. Just checked through my Uplay account which has 2 step verification on it, and there has been no pruchases from it.
Strange, but i'll take it.

Last edited:
Hmm come across a weird bug. Just started the game and the language had changed to Polish. Several minutes after working how to change it back to English and restarting the game has placed my Save game in the second slot (with the 1st and 3rd slot empty). When I start that save game I have side quests at level 16/17 and my main quest is to get to Alexandria in an area which is not accessible as yet!

I'm only level 6 and I was
about to be taken for a guide around the temple in the second area

What the dickens! I may have to restart again.
So my uPlay account was hacked! Some Polish joker was blagging it! Changed password and set-up 2FA!

I have not played any of the other AC games and enjoying it so far, but yes there is references towards the other games but you don't have to know the others.

Cheers for that, I am really really tempted but my concern is with the CPU horror stories I am reading.

I am running an overclocked 2700k (4.8) on a 1080ti.

No issues with maxing and 60fps on anything I have chucked at it so far, but concerned that my CPU being thrashed will bottleneck what it can shove to my GPU.

I am aware that I am probably bottle necking already with my CPU and GPU mix

Has anyone taken on a Phylake yet? I had one down to a quarter health then 4 enemy soldiers on horseback appeared and i got overpowered. :(
Yup, loaded up my two ranged weapons with two multi shot bows. Galloped Up behind him and gave him two shots from behind and then the front.
Did this a few times, got him down to nearly dead and then he killed my horse. I was at full health on he ground when he pummelled me, gave him two shots with my legendary sickle which has poison effect, gave home another few arrow shots and he died eventually.
You don’t want to see who hunts you next though lol

Oh BTW, saw one of your pics Thundycat, only one from anyone that I recognise. Also, not found any other smdead players to avenge that I recognise either.

Cheers for that, I am really really tempted but my concern is with the CPU horror stories I am reading.

I am running an overclocked 2700k (4.8) on a 1080ti.

No issues with maxing and 60fps on anything I have chucked at it so far, but concerned that my CPU being thrashed will bottleneck what it can shove to my GPU.

I am aware that I am probably bottle necking already with my CPU and GPU mix

Buy it somewhere you can refund? (I'm assuming it's on Steam).

It's a CPU intensive game, the number of NPCs and incidentals on screen needs a lot of AI and animation system cycles. You probably are going to be CPU bottlenecked with that setup, buy what matters is do you get a decent stable framerate? Hard to guess...

FWIW I am heavily GPU bottlenecked, 100% GPU, ~40% CPU (970 + 5820k @ 3.9).

Buy it somewhere you can refund? (I'm assuming it's on Steam).

It's a CPU intensive game, the number of NPCs and incidentals on screen needs a lot of AI and animation system cycles. You probably are going to be CPU bottlenecked with that setup, buy what matters is do you get a decent stable framerate? Hard to guess...

FWIW I am heavily GPU bottlenecked, 100% GPU, ~40% CPU (970 + 5820k @ 3.9).

Yes tough one, but good idea with the steam refund policy. I usually go for a third party cdkey but it might be worth spending a little more in this case.

Yup, loaded up my two ranged weapons with two multi shot bows. Galloped Up behind him and gave him two shots from behind and then the front.
Did this a few times, got him down to nearly dead and then he killed my horse. I was at full health on he ground when he pummelled me, gave him two shots with my legendary sickle which has poison effect, gave home another few arrow shots and he died eventually.
You don’t want to see who hunts you next though lol

Oh BTW, saw one of your pics Thundycat, only one from anyone that I recognise. Also, not found any other smdead players to avenge that I recognise either.
Thanks for the tips on taking out the Pyhlake, what picture did you see?

Thanks for the tips on taking out the Pyhlake, what picture did you see?

IM sure it was just to the left of Alexandria.

So HDR for TV is added.

How do I get this going using Nvidia?

My LG screen is 10bit HDR the pic quality via Netflix and some HDR films I have is awesome.

killed 2 phylakes so far.. a lvl 20 which i done on horse and he gave me a legendary bow and then a lvl 22 one which i killed with bow and then a overpower and he gave me a nice legendary balanced sword!

patch is live

https://www.gamepur.com/news/27860-patch-103-changelog-assassins-creed-origins.html
That list looks a little bit short from the Patch Note listed at the forums at UBI...

https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.p...Creed-Origins-1-03-Patch-Notes-live-on-PC-PS4

And for those that wondering about HDR .. [Xbox One X][PS4 Pro] Added HDR TV support .. Not for PC yet.

Just connected my twitch prime account which is free with Amazon prime to Uplay and got the below.

x6eKyvR.png
Oh, it also seems I was given the season pass with the deluxe version that I bought from steam. Just checked through my Uplay account which has 2 step verification on it, and there has been no pruchases from it.
Strange, but i'll take it.

Thanks, just did the same and got the same.

CAn anyone verify that the deluxe version included the season pass if you preordered?

Been through everywhere and can’t find anything that is on my account, either steam, uplay or my bank account to say that I’ve biught it.

CHees

Back
Top Bottom