Assassin’s Creed Origins

Soldato
Give reshade a try
Yeah been suggested that. Just not sure which render API the game is using: Direct3D 9 - Direct3D 10 or OpenGL. I am guessing it wont be OpenGL but no clue which of the other two though. Looking at reshades site Origins isn't mentioned but the last 3 AC games used Direct3d 10+, so another guess would be that it is that one I should pick ?? Or wont it not matter that much which one ??

Man of Honour
I was amazed that birds actually sit in and fly into and out of the little holes in those huge birdhouses, the level of detail is really astonishing. Also, the ecosystem feels alive, animals attack each other, hyenas feast on the corpses etc. I had cats gathering around me in villages, stretching and observing the environment. Not to mention all the people doing their stuff etc.

EDIT: I've just witnessed a leopard slowly creeping up to attack a child standing in the river

It is amazing the stuff you come across. Killed a load of guards in a fortress and then hid for a while. Came back out to find a guard carrying one of the bodies away out of the entrance. The little touches are astonishing.

Killed a load of guards around camp in the desert and before too long the vultures were circling. What is neat is if a nest is nearby they literally seem to come from there.

All while there are no loading screens as you travel...

Soldato
I was amazed that birds actually sit in and fly into and out of the little holes in those huge birdhouses, the level of detail is really astonishing. Also, the ecosystem feels alive, animals attack each other, hyenas feast on the corpses etc. I had cats gathering around me in villages, stretching and observing the environment. Not to mention all the people doing their stuff etc.
If you go into sneak mode you can pat them too. :p

T75WoXb.jpg

Soldato
Yeah been suggested that. Just not sure which render API the game is using: Direct3D 9 - Direct3D 10 or OpenGL. I am guessing it wont be OpenGL but no clue which of the other two though. Looking at reshades site Origins isn't mentioned but the last 3 AC games used Direct3d 10+, so another guess would be that it is that one I should pick ?? Or wont it not matter that much which one ??
Uses DX11 so pick 10+

Man of Honour
I agree with what someone said earlier, other games are going to seem so lifeless and empty after this. It isnt just the scale of the game or the attention to detail or the aesthetics, its the incredibly well done environment and "living" world that has been created in this game. I really hope that the set of devs behind this title are given the reigns again for the next AC title, I would love to see what else they can come up with.

Soldato
I gather there will be multiple encounter's with a new one each week. Looks like each one drops a different piece of loot. If you collect them all will get a legendary outfit, so may miss out on that but should be able to get the other loot which is good.

Soldato
I agree with what someone said earlier, other games are going to seem so lifeless and empty after this. It isnt just the scale of the game or the attention to detail or the aesthetics, its the incredibly well done environment and "living" world that has been created in this game. I really hope that the set of devs behind this title are given the reigns again for the next AC title, I would love to see what else they can come up with.

They've written the code now so they just have to reskin it. :D

Man of Honour
I gather there will be multiple encounter's with a new one each week. Looks like each one drops a different piece of loot. If you collect them all will get a legendary outfit, so may miss out on that but should be able to get the other loot which is good.

I suspect the encounters will return anyway. Gives us a bit of a flavour of the final piece of DLC.

Associate
For the phylakes. Am I best waiting until I am level 40 before killing them as I did one at level 21 and got a level 21 item. If I wait, I should get a level 40 item when I kill them?

Soldato
They've written the code now so they just have to reskin it. :D

If they're going to deliver yet another setting of such calibre with a few upgrades here and there, I wouldn't mind TBH:p Ubisoft gets a lot of bad rep, and mostly deservedly, but their ability to create amazing worlds is unmatched. As has been said, they've set a new standard with this and I can only see RDR2 coming close in this regard.

Soldato
If they're going to deliver yet another setting of such calibre with a few upgrades here and there, I wouldn't mind TBH:p Ubisoft gets a lot of bad rep, and mostly deservedly, but their ability to create amazing worlds is unmatched. As has been said, they've set a new standard with this and I can only see RDR2 coming close in this regard.

The new Far Cry 5 due out in February will probably be similar as far as visuals are concerned, a massive living world to explore..........

Man of Honour
For the phylakes. Am I best waiting until I am level 40 before killing them as I did one at level 21 and got a level 21 item. If I wait, I should get a level 40 item when I kill them?

No, there after several at different levels and the item they give will be at their level, not yours.

The new Far Cry 5 due out in February will probably be similar as far as visuals are concerned, a massive living world to explore..........

I couldn't get into FC4, but this does make FC5 more appealing.

Soldato

I liked FC3, 4 not so much but was fun for a while. 5's setting doesn't seem nearly as interesting as Egypt and the premise is a bit preposterous:p

Might be good but I generally prefer TPP games and I'm not that much into shooters. The series also needs a slight revamp like AC as it's getting way too dull, hope it gets one with 5.

Soldato
Finally downloading now. Thinking about it, this will be the first AAA game I've played in a while. I think Dishonored 2 was the last, and then I have no idea what!

Soldato
I've just done the benchmark, and I get a higher average fps with AA set to high than with AA off completely!
I found AA set to low looks better. Think high must be TXAA or to that effect which smears the image a lot. Low I imagine must be akin to FXAA and looks a lot better. No idea how off is more demanding than high though. Bizarre.

Back
Top Bottom