Assassin’s Creed Origins

First impressions are very impressive after an hour or so(though I do hope there will be some kind of story starting soon!) .

I'm playing on a mix of high/very high mostly with AA set to low... Though I will investigate Reshade to see if it is worth it with this. I'm generally getting between 45-60 with some big dips during combat unfortunately.

First impressions are very impressive after an hour or so(though I do hope there will be some kind of story starting soon!) .

I'm playing on a mix of high/very high mostly with AA set to low... Though I will investigate Reshade to see if it is worth it with this. I'm generally getting between 45-60 with some big dips during combat unfortunately.

I think you'll be very impressed once you see how expansive and varied the map is and Siwa is really small in comparison.

I also get better performance with AA on, combat is smooth for me but there are some weird dips and stutters in certain places, especially in Alexandria where I can't fully get rid of them even dropping to 1080p.
The rest is mostly smooth after dropping environment quality to v. high. Shadows don't seem to make that much of a difference difference, my gpu stays at max 70% load anyways for some reason.

Hmm, strangely my Anubis trials of the gods quest seems to have gone from my quest list. I havent done it yet.

Can't you just head to the marker on the map?

I think you'll be very impressed once you see how expansive and varied the map is and Siwa is really small in comparison.

The moment you think Siwa is big and varied - then you open the map and start travelling :eek:

There are some really terrific places hidden away in this game. I am now trying to 100% the entire map and in the zones which you dont go to within the story line , I am finding all manner of secret things tucked away....

For example, I found a tomb in the Black Desert, which had a hidden passage leading down deep into the ground where there was an enormous machine. If you activate the machine it speaks and tells you how its the remnant of another civilisation and how all existence is time. It also says that our existence is a "simulation" and that there are many simulations running.

Can't you just head to the marker on the map?

The marker had vanished too, however its all showing fine again now so no harm, no foul ;)

first time playing an AC game then?

No, it's been the same with every game since Revelations, and even then it was wearing thin.

... Actually, it was wearing thin long before that tbh, but at least it still had potential to be interesting in Revelations(it wasn't though).

It's incredible how much there is still to do and explore after 28 hours, I haven't even been inside the pyramids or seen the Sphinx yet. Sidequests are plentiful, I do them and they just keep on coming:p Barely scratched Memphis and still loads of stuff left in Alexandria. Can't wait to explore the rest of the map and the deserts!

Modern day bits stopped making sense a long time ago but they're very short this time round.

It's incredible how much there is still to do and explore after 28 hours, I haven't even been inside the pyramids or seen the Sphinx yet. Sidequests are plentiful, I do them and they just keep on coming:p Barely scratched Memphis and still loads of stuff left in Alexandria. Can't wait to explore the rest of the map and the deserts!

Modern day bits stopped making sense a long time ago but they're very short this time round.

I actually think Memphis is more impressive than Alexandria, it’s a damn sight prettier and seems to be busy with npc characters.

Just left the first area and seen the map open up. bloody hell this is good! I've said many times before how i thought Syndicate was a really underrated game that took major steps forward for the series, but this is in another league entirely.

I am having a bit of trouble getting used to combat...I mean, it is Dark Souls controls, but it isn't Dark Souls. I'm getting confused a lot trying to attack with the wrong buttons etc.

The games that have influenced the game's new direction are obvious, but now that the map has opened up, it is really showing the influence of The Witcher 3 even more(looking at the map with all of the ?s on it!). I think the game I am most reminded of though is probably Phantom Pain in a way.

There really is a ton of content in this, easily 100 hours I reckon (if you are trying for 100%). I saw an article today which said that sales of AC Origins are up over 110% on sales of the previous AC, I'm really glad that gamers are backing this game with their wallets because the team which made this AC really do deserve to get another crack at the next title.

I actually think Memphis is more impressive than Alexandria, it’s a damn sight prettier and seems to be busy with npc characters.

I agree with you. More detailed, more atmospheric, better story going on there (especially the main storyline and one particular fight!). Seems to bring my system down more too.

There really is a ton of content in this, easily 100 hours I reckon (if you are trying for 100%). I saw an article today which said that sales of AC Origins are up over 110% on sales of the previous AC, I'm really glad that gamers are backing this game with their wallets because the team which made this AC really do deserve to get another crack at the next title.

Easily 100. I am nearly 40 in and feel like I have barely touched it. Have either completed or am bored of games by now. Feels as fresh as when I started.

They should be the only studio who develop this series tbh.

Back
Top Bottom