Assassin’s Creed Origins

I actually think Memphis is more impressive than Alexandria, it’s a damn sight prettier and seems to be busy with npc characters.

Yeah, Memphis looks really beautiful but I like both. Alexandria is obviously mostly based on Greek architecture (I really like that people in the streets are actually speaking Greek), whereas Memphis retains the classic Egyptian style. What's more impressive than those two quite huge and distinct cities themselves is that both are only a small fraction of the map:p There's so much detail everywhere, each small village has something interesting in it, so there's really a lot to see. For example, I went back to Siwa to roam the surrounding deserts and found two bandit camps, one of which had a nice lvl 19th rare predator bow in it:D

I find it hard to go back to the main plot:p

Just left the first area and seen the map open up. bloody hell this is good! I've said many times before how i thought Syndicate was a really underrated game that took major steps forward for the series, but this is in another league entirely.

I am having a bit of trouble getting used to combat...I mean, it is Dark Souls controls, but it isn't Dark Souls. I'm getting confused a lot trying to attack with the wrong buttons etc.

The games that have influenced the game's new direction are obvious, but now that the map has opened up, it is really showing the influence of The Witcher 3 even more(looking at the map with all of the ?s on it!). I think the game I am most reminded of though is probably Phantom Pain in a way.

The buttons confused me for a while too. I still don't bother with target lock.

Definitely influenced by a few popular games. I like that the quests are usually never as simple as they first seem. Makes them feel more real.

I enjoyed syndicate too and it was a decent step forward. This is a crazy step forward for all open world games.

I like that there are hud options, but it could do with something between light and minimal. I am playing with minimal which is really good, except it doesn't tell you what you've looted, so whenever you pick something up you have to go through all of your items looking for what's new!

I tried playing with light hud, but there is too much useless crap on the screen.

LOL, continuing my post from a couple of pages ago about finding loads of secret places and things/machines/"alien" stuff tucked away off the beaten track in zones...

Has anyone else seen Dr Whos Tardis in the game? :D

Still struggle with the fights. I find it gets so intense that I keep going into photo mode! really does my head in. :(

Predator bow generally means there aren't many people left to fight. I often use a staff type weapon (with fire damage to distract them while they are on fire). Useful for big groups as you will hit most around you. I then use a sword for quicker opponents.

Give reshade a try
Tried reshade, got it working but after I closed down the game and then tried starting it again later it got hung on the starting screen everytime, removing it all and it started fine again. So no reshade here. It's just the long distance pictures that looks a bit washed out anyway, as the one I took covering the whole of Alexandria showed. Close ones looks ok.

Hmm, strangely my Anubis trials of the gods quest seems to have gone from my quest list. I havent done it yet.
I don't even have this quest showing at all. A couple days ago when I was closing the game down it mentioned the Anubis Trial had started, but never seen it in quest log or a marker on the map (and I panned across the entire map to look for it). Although, I'm only level 19 so I be to low level anyway, from what I seen seem to be a level 40 quest. :p

On another note, probably should do bit more questing. 45 hours into the game, level 19 and only 18% in game progression. Got a bit caught up in working on upgrading everything, think I made about 3 levels on just hunting and clearing a few locations (i.e. kill Captain and Find loot locations). :o Seen a bunch of lvl 13+ quests so might start walking around and clearing those up. :p

Good news rumour....

Not sure if this is a spoiler really or not, but I will put it into tags just in case. I have today caught hold of a fairly potent rumour that AC Origins is the 1st part of a trilogy of new AC games and that the 2nd game in the series will continue the story of Bayek/Aya and be set in Ancient Rome. Given the incredible job this studio has done with bringing the world of Ancient Egypt alive, I cannot wait to see what they can do with Rome

Good news rumour....

Not sure if this is a spoiler really or not, but I will put it into tags just in case. I have today caught hold of a fairly potent rumour that AC Origins is the 1st part of a trilogy of new AC games and that the 2nd game in the series will continue the story of Bayek/Aya and be set in Ancient Rome. Given the incredible job this studio has done with bringing the world of Ancient Egypt alive, I cannot wait to see what they can do with Rome
Got a link to what you mentioned in the spoiler ?

I have, though it contains huge spoilers for the AC Origins game, I'd recommend finishing (the main story) of Origins before reading it lest you spoil things in Origins.
Gotcha. Although for me I already seen the ending of the main story since I watched CohhCarnage playing it (which is the reason I bought it) but I see what you mean for others that not finished it yet. :)

Has anyone else seen Dr Whos Tardis in the game? :D

Wait....What???? The Tardis........??? Joking or is this a thing???

Anyway, im 30 hours in and loving every minute of exploration and missions. Still only about 40% of the story complete as i love a bit of free roam. Looks absolutely beatuful on my rig.

Gotcha. Although for me I already seen the ending of the main story since I watched CohhCarnage playing it (which is the reason I bought it) but I see what you mean for others that not finished it yet. :)

Why on earth, I think it's the most stupid thing watching game steams especially story/single player, totally spoils the actual playing of the thing.

Why on earth, I think it's the most stupid thing watching game steams especially story/single player, totally spoils the actual playing of the thing.
If I not watched it I would most likely not have bought it to start with. We all do things differently as well, the fact that I am aware of how it ends wont take away the enjoyment of playing the game, not for me at least. But, we all different that way. I am ok with having seen it, you find it stupid, all fair in my opinion. :cool:

Wait....What???? The Tardis........??? Joking or is this a thing???

Anyway, im 30 hours in and loving every minute of exploration and missions. Still only about 40% of the story complete as i love a bit of free roam. Looks absolutely beatuful on my rig.

:D

maxresdefault.jpg

Back
Top Bottom