Assassin’s Creed Origins

Still struggle with the fights. :(

I'm not loving it tbh. Enemy movement looks and feels ridiculous. I've got my shield up and they all seem to be skating around me... Or sprinting backwards whilst simultaneously firing an arrow straight at me. Archers seem to be able to walk backwards quicker than I can run at times!

I don't find the combat enjoyable atm.

I struggled with the fights early on because I followed the games advice of locking onto targets but once I stopped locking onto targets I did much much better.

I haven't really done any of the main assassinations yet, are they the same as Syndicate where you get different entry points and ways to do it etc. It was great in that game!

the elephant yet?
Top right hand corner of the map, there is an elephant fighting arena.
I lasted around 15 seconds at level 27.

I haven't really done any of the main assassinations yet, are they the same as Syndicate where you get different entry points and ways to do it etc. It was great in that game!

Yeah there are usually different methods of approach and different ways to drop them, you usually need to confirm the kill still with the body but for some assassinations I've snucked through a complex silently killing on the way and then assassinating the target. For others I've pegged the target from height with an arrow. For others I have forwarded time to night time and killed the target while they sleep.

the elephant yet?
Top right hand corner of the map, there is an elephant fighting arena.
I lasted around 15 seconds at level 27.

Yeah I killed a few of the war elephant locations, had to wait til the high lvl 30s before I could manage it though

Frankly, the assassinations have been the biggest disappointment for me so far. The first one was allright be the baths one was a joke.

No that I care, as the rest is so good. I'm here just for the world anyways:p

Yeah, or the fact that a bloke climbs a wall in a hall full of people and crawls through a hole into a private bath but no one bats an eyelid:p Soon after, they find a body and nobody suspects me despite the fact that I must have been seen doing very weird stuff:p

Yeah, or the fact that a bloke climbs a wall in a hall full of people and crawls through a hole into a private bath but no one bats an eyelid:p Soon after, they find a body and nobody suspects me despite the fact that I must have been seen doing very weird stuff:p
I climbed a ladder to the right of the entrance to get up the top out of sight, then jumped from above to assassinate the snake. Exited the way I came out and the guards obviously found me suspicious as the spotted meter started to go up before I exited.

Agree with @Pighardia though, as I done the same side missions last night and it's a bit jarring when they get up and walk away after going on about how bad their injuries were :D

Shame Bethesda cannot licence this game engine it would be perfect for Fallout 5 as they CBA to make their own! Or let Ubisoft make Fallout 5 with this game engine it handles ingame streaming so well.

I climbed a ladder to the right of the entrance to get up the top out of sight, then jumped from above to assassinate the snake. Exited the way I came out and the guards obviously found me suspicious as the spotted meter started to go up before I exited.

Well, I just went into the baths wearing a towel and climbed a wall in front of everyone, killed the target and exited the same way, nobody noticed anything suspicious:p

Agree with @Pighardia though, as I done the same side missions last night and it's a bit jarring when they get up and walk away after going on about how bad their injuries were :D

Have you found the quest with the old man? He gets you to carry him and as you carry him , Bayek says "You are barely injured" , the old man says something like "Oh..no..no I am so weak, I can barely move" and Bayek says "I bet as soon as I put you down you will be fine" , perhaps a tongue in cheek bit from the devs about it :D

Have you found the quest with the old man? He gets you to carry him and as you carry him , Bayek says "You are barely injured" , the old man says something like "Oh..no..no I am so weak, I can barely move" and Bayek says "I bet as soon as I put you down you will be fine" , perhaps a tongue in cheek bit from the devs about it :D
Not yet but that's quite good :D

Tbh, now I've taken in the world, which is amazing, I'm finding the actual game a bit boring. I'm not enioying combat at all, and I just sneaked though an area and crept up behind someone, went to assassinate them and they countered it. What is the point of an assassin's creed game if that is going to happen!
Almost every quest has basically come down to a big brawl with guards piling out of nowhere to join in...and if you don't enjoy the combat it makes the whole thing just not fun.

I still enjoy just walking around the world though.

Tbh, now I've taken in the world, which is amazing, I'm finding the actual game a bit boring. I'm not enioying combat at all, and I just sneaked though an area and crept up behind someone, went to assassinate them and they countered it. What is the point of an assassin's creed game if that is going to happen!
Almost every quest has basically come down to a big brawl with guards piling out of nowhere to join in...and if you don't enjoy the combat it makes the whole thing just not fun.

I still enjoy just walking around the world though.

Sounds like it was one of the "boss" mobs or a high level Captain/Commander. I guess it has to be that way on those otherwise the game would be stupidly easy, you'd hear about this big bad guy and how he has garnered so much power in a region and then you just pootle up and stab him in the neck and one-shot him. If it wasnt for those "boss" mobs and the Phylaki guys, I would single handedly defeat the entire Egyptian, Greek and Roman armies. ;)

The trick with stopping the big brawls from happening is to take out the guys who are running to light the braziers, you kill them and it stops reinforcements arriving.

Some of the side quests are brilliant. Actually preferring them to the main quest. I like how they are rarely straightforward. Very witcher 3 like. Just never get tired of walking around. I have never used fast travel so little.

Some of the side quests are brilliant. Actually preferring them to the main quest. I like how they are rarely straightforward. Very witcher 3 like. Just never get tired of walking around. I have never used fast travel so little.

There is a quest line in the Isolated Desert which is absolutely superb, had one of my most enjoyable Fortress based quests there

Back
Top Bottom