Assassin’s Creed Origins

There aren't many tombs in first few areas but soon there's plenty in higher level areas.
It's a really cool thing to add mid-late game. Good pacing.

Horses feel faster too me. Can't tell if I am imagining it or what. But aside from that I think its mostly cosmetic skins between mounts.

I think it is mostly cosmetic, but some mounts cost a lot more so I'm not entirely sure tbh.... I played a long time with minimal hud, which doesn't give you any info at all, so there are probably loads of little pieces of information I have missed

No idea why there isn't a custom hud. Plenty of other games have it - didn't previous AC games have it? Can't be that difficult to code in.
It does have the option to change between no hud, minimal, light and full I think. Tbh this is more than I expected, so kudos to them for that, but it needs something between minimal and light for me. One of my real hates in games is HUDs that won't leave you alone...for example, with Light Hud, I don't need a message to come up every time I enter a mission area telling me to use Sennu... I've been playing for 20hrs. I KNOW!
Edit- and in a tomb now I just got a reminder to pull out a torch when it is dark... Seriously?!

Minimal on the other hand doesnt tell you what you loot, so the only way you know is by going through your whole inventory. It also disables tracking so Sennu is basically pointless for scouting campsite does stop quest objectives popping up all the time though.

Something in the middle would be perfect.

i'm enjoying the game, but not feeling too much about the The World so far. (as in having being fully immersed just listening to chatter etc)
i feel like i'm just going from point to point Killing & returning.

i think its the "real" world that put me off first, then The parkour.

Don't get me wrong i know AC is centred around parkour, but when look at the your character & his shield + weapons + bows plus the profession he is.
feels a bit put in their because its an AC game.

i think it would feel better for me if it was called something entirely different & remove some of the Parkour elements.

still a good game though.

Completed the main story line and finally defogged all of the map. Still a handful of side missions to complete. Trying to clear as many achievements as possible.

Just over 60 hours of game time so far. looking forward to the seasons pass content, it better be good!

Completed the main story line and finally defogged all of the map. Still a handful of side missions to complete. Trying to clear as many achievements as possible.

Just over 60 hours of game time so far. looking forward to the seasons pass content, it better be good!

How would you rate the story in comparrison to the previous games?

Actually better than a lot of them. I like Bayek and Aya. Maybe not as good as AC2?

Finally defogged the map myself last night. The war elephant fights are great. 60 hours in. Can't stop exploring.

Just happened to come across a side quest that was an actual achievement. Amazing what is out there to find.

Bring on the season content.

Liking how the armour changes your voice. The Isu armour has grown on me.

Actually better than a lot of them. I like Bayek and Aya. Maybe not as good as AC2?

Finally defogged the map myself last night. The war elephant fights are great. 60 hours in. Can't stop exploring.

Just happened to come across a side quest that was an actual achievement. Amazing what is out there to find.

Bring on the season content.

Liking how the armour changes your voice. The Isu armour has grown on me.

Yeah that armor is cool. Manage to snag it at level 13 before getting to alexandra so wore it all the time, now Bayek's normal voice sounds weird. Still does look weird glowing everywhere whilst everyone else is walking around in bath towels :D

I liked the campaign but found it at points a bit same same in terms of missions and slightly short (though I played everything in a bizarre order so was overpowered during the whole campaign). The story is great and both Bayek and Aya feel fleshed out. The ending in particular is done very well I think. One of the better campaign's overall though.

Trying not to ask too many spoilerific questions here, but does the ending tie up any of the underlying (Animus / Eden / Juno) plot threads?

I finished this yesterday after completing all of the side quests and maxing my character out at 40. I loved the exploration, the world is lovely to look at although still not quite as dynamic as some games I have played. I did like little details like animals attacking other animals and humans but just sitting around in a city or populated area for a bit shows that we still have a way to go before we have a real world feeling environment.

Combat was alright. I went max archery with some Seer and could deal with most encounters, even at close range, with my bow on the hardest difficulty which was nice. Didn't force me to play a certain way. Loved what are essentially shotgun bows.

Stealthing around the encampments and off limits areas clearing them out was probably the most fun time I had with the game.

The out of animus stuff. Urrggghhh.

Quests! Nothing amazing here. Some quite interesting side quests but nothing of the level of Witcher 3. The main quest became farcical by the end.
Why did I spend all of the game building up my character only to be forced to play a character I didn't really have any feelings for one way or another and who had no skills? It also dragged. Just when you thought it had ended there was just one more assassination to do.

I finished this yesterday after completing all of the side quests and maxing my character out at 40. I loved the exploration, the world is lovely to look at although still not quite as dynamic as some games I have played. I did like little details like animals attacking other animals and humans but just sitting around in a city or populated area for a bit shows that we still have a way to go before we have a real world feeling environment.

Combat was alright. I went max archery with some Seer and could deal with most encounters, even at close range, with my bow on the hardest difficulty which was nice. Didn't force me to play a certain way. Loved what are essentially shotgun bows.

Stealthing around the encampments and off limits areas clearing them out was probably the most fun time I had with the game.

The out of animus stuff. Urrggghhh.

Quests! Nothing amazing here. Some quite interesting side quests but nothing of the level of Witcher 3. The main quest became farcical by the end.
Why did I spend all of the game building up my character only to be forced to play a character I didn't really have any feelings for one way or another and who had no skills? It also dragged. Just when you thought it had ended there was just one more assassination to do.

The characters do quite a lot in the city. If you follow them around most seem to have a house and routine where they go to sleep and work. Not sure I have seen a game that does it any better? Given how hard it seems to push hardware, I suspect we are near the current limit.

I know what you mean about those main quest bits, they were a pain. I liked how it ended though, even if it was a little rushed at times. I like most of the side quests - a lot of them are reasonably generic, but there are some really gems in there. Not Witcher 3 level, but they could be if AC decides to go down that route. I would like more choice, but then at its heart it isn't a true RPG. I would like it to be though given we have at the moment.

No idea why they don't just ditch the out of animus stuff, it adds nothing.

Just did a side quest with the 'son of Ra'. Amazing how some seemingly minor side quests can end up being quite grand along with their own cutscenes.

The characters do quite a lot in the city. If you follow them around most seem to have a house and routine where they go to sleep and work. Not sure I have seen a game that does it any better? Given how hard it seems to push hardware, I suspect we are near the current limit.

I know what you mean about those main quest bits, they were a pain. I liked how it ended though, even if it was a little rushed at times. I like most of the side quests - a lot of them are reasonably generic, but there are some really gems in there. Not Witcher 3 level, but they could be if AC decides to go down that route. I would like more choice, but then at its heart it isn't a true RPG. I would like it to be though given we have at the moment.

No idea why they don't just ditch the out of animus stuff, it adds nothing.

Just did a side quest with the 'son of Ra'. Amazing how some seemingly minor side quests can end up being quite grand along with their own cutscenes.

I did follow some people around and sit in the odd cart and it did break the immersion sometimes. A cart would just turn around and follow it's route back. Saying that I did like the fact that guards would have these patrol routes where they stopped off at guard posts to rest and what not.

Indeed I guess for this game it is caught between genres. Maybe in the next game they will take the RPG stuff further.

I was probably a bit hard on the quests. There are some great ones and as you say, something quite innocent can turn into a grand quest.

Back
Top Bottom