Assassin’s Creed Origins

I'm about 25hours in now. Many, many areas I haven't been to yet. I've just killed The Lizard and I'm now heading towards Fayum I believe.

I'm finding the main missions disappointing tbh. The cool assassinations of Syndicate are gone... The last one I literally just walked up to in daylight and killed. That was it...also kind of missing some of the staples of the series which really could have been left in tbh. Blending in with crowds and using benches for example.

The world really is the strength of the game. The story and missions are average for me.

Welp, I binged it for a bit on release, 15 hours in, 28% completion and took a break from it. Thought I'd return to see if performance was any different...

Absolute lowest settings at 1440p (no resolution modifier and AA would be set to low for both lowest settings and ultra settings)...

In the middle of Alexandra on the lowest settings, 45fps average. Same standing place, ultra settings (bar AA as mentioned above), 40fps average. I'm sorry, but 10fps difference between max and lowest is simply still not good enough. I know my CPU is and older gen Intel, but 4 cores running at 4.2Ghz should be fine, but the trio of DRM applications running killing the CPU at 100% is still a major issue.

I'll think I'll return once Ubi sort it out. Edit, I'm running from a 980 ti which isn't even seeing max usage...

Last edited:
Don't expect the dense urban areas full of NPCs to ever get much easier on your CPU.

Not until they relinquish the DRM grip, no. Odd how all other AC games that have densely populated areas seem to run just fine eh? Even at Ultra, after all, it's the exact same engine they've churned out as all their other titles from the past 10 years.

I really hope people will take off the rose tinted glasses at some point and realise the flaw lol

m5XvbKUh.jpg

Note, 100% on ALL 8 cores there, surely at some point the game should be able to step back from that amount, even in a small town like the one screenshot. Utterly stupid.

Not until they relinquish the DRM grip, no. Odd how all other AC games that have densely populated areas seem to run just fine eh? Even at Ultra, after all, it's the exact same engine they've churned out as all their other titles from the past 10 years.

I really hope people will take off the rose tinted glasses at some point and realise the flaw lol

m5XvbKUh.jpg

Note, 100% on ALL 8 cores there, surely at some point the game should be able to step back from that amount, even in a small town like the one screenshot. Utterly stupid.

Whilst I agree with you.
On my system I'm not seeing more than 2 cores being maxed.

Running at 4k 1800x @ 4.0 and 1080ti
2 cores sit between. 50-100% the rest run at 20%.

This is running mix of very high and few mediums. Average fps is 55fps

If go to 1080p and try to max everything I'm no where near 60fps. I have to drop a bunch of setting to come close to 60.

So for it runs better at 4k. But either scenerio only 2 cores ever get maxed

My 6 cores ticks over with a 2 cores around 50% and the other 4 around 20-30%. You only have 4 cores. We both have the same DRM.

Quite possible there are some bugs that are causing threads to max out....but you have no idea if it's the DRM. Given the gajillion different systems running the chances the bug would be in that one is quite small. You know best though, I mean you know that ACO is using the exact same engine as Syndicate (news to me).

Finally managed to 100% the map, been to every tomb, every ? , every side mission, defeated all the elephants, won the races/arenas and found all the papyrus.

Loved the game. I have never bothered to 100% any of the previous AC games, becoming bored with each one of them long before completion. I never even 100%'d Witcher 3. AC Origins came out of nowhere for me and is now unexpectedly my personal game of the year for this year. I've thoroughly enjoyed travelling and being a part of this gameworld and look forward now to the next DLC/expansion

I'm finding the main missions disappointing tbh. The cool assassinations of Syndicate are gone... The last one I literally just walked up to in daylight and killed. That was it...also kind of missing some of the staples of the series which really could have been left in tbh. Blending in with crowds and using benches for example.

That's my only real complaint so far...the assassinations have been a bit straightforward and easy. The post-kill cutscenes kinda make up for it though :)

Keep in mind that all those people weren't doing much in previous games. DRM seems likely since consoles don't have the same problem, but we don't really know. It doesn't really affect me, occasional 100% spikes when I first enter a town/city, but then fine. I just wish more was pushed to my 1080Ti so that it worked at more than 70% load. There must be some bugs in there somewhere.

Enjoying just walking around exploring and doing achievements - something I never do after the main story.

Even at Ultra, after all, it's the exact same engine they've churned out as all their other titles from the past 10 years.

No, it was a completely new engine for Unity. Having literally finished Rogue and started Unity the difference was incredible.

Last edited:
Last edited:

m5XvbKUh.jpg

How do you get that performance Hud ingame?

Finally managed to 100% the map
I have never bothered to 100% any of the previous AC games, becoming bored with each one of them long before completion.

I was the same with Batman: Arkham Origins, 100% that one. And I'm not even that keen on Batman but loved the world and movement.
Maybe I'll do the same with AC: Origins if it becomes cheap enough

F1 for a handy little FPS average counter, F1 again for a more detailed view and then F1 to cycle back to nothing. Super handy.

Which, I can't fault the team for, huge amount of options for the PC gamer. Just wish they had more of an impact.

Thanks for that. Amusingly my CPU is showing as 0% usage on all the core's hah. GPU is pegged at 98-99%% though. I just think this game can spread itself across core's decently as I am not seeing 100% pegged running around the cities for most the part, rather staying 40%-50% with few spikes here and there with an 8 core. Think it just push's 4 core's to there limits

The subsurface scattering is lovely, I'm not even sure it is true SSS but the effect is excellent on the water and the vegetation in sunlight etc.

How do I solve the “turn on machine “ deep inside the tombs?
The first in I have found I need to dive underwater, listen to the message, swam around couldn’t find anything o toggle or move, eventually gave up and hovered over the diagram to exit the tomb.
Chees

Back
Top Bottom