Assassin’s Creed Origins

If its exactly 30 fps its sitting at, Could it be some V-Sync option? I know when you have some form of V-Sync on and it can't maintain 60 fps, it will drop down to the next interval, so 30 fps. There is an adaptive (half refresh rate) available (if you do not have G-sync on) option in Nvidia control panel that does exactly that and one for AMD, can't recall any in game option but can't check for sure.

Nah average fluctuates between 34 and 37. Good thought though.

Having an annoying problem. Get flawless 60fps on max settings everywhere...except memphis. As soon as I go near the place it drops to 30. Underground, underwater, in the air, indoors. Nothing changes it. Really don't know why!

That would surely be some kind of adaptive vsync.

I really agree with the review on angry joes chanell which in Dale gave it a 6/10. Its good but its not anything amazing.

Is Dale the tall guy who has been doing film reviews with the Joes lately? If so, I cant stand that guy, it literally seems that every film he doesnt like , I actually like, and every film he likes, I dont like. Same with games if it is him, every rapidfire review he likes, I dont like and every rapidfire review he doesnt like, I do like.

Case in point being that he gives AC Origins a 6/10 , whereas its right up there amongst my favourites of the year :)

Is Dale the tall guy who has been doing film reviews with the Joes lately? If so, I cant stand that guy, it literally seems that every film he doesnt like , I actually like, and every film he likes, I dont like. Same with games if it is him, every rapidfire review he likes, I dont like and every rapidfire review he doesnt like, I do like.

Yeah he really isn't suited to doing reviews. I actually think Angry Joe is the best games reviewer on YT( though tbh I think he is woefully out of his depth when reviewing films). This guy though is basically an elitist gamer who doesn't give anything a fair shot. Some of his videos where he is playing competitively are good, bit I don't want to see a review from him!

Oh is there another one of those trial things. I missed the first one! I'm not at a high enough level to do it yet though.

Also a question - one thing I always appreciate in open world games is when the main quest pretty much sends you to most places on the map. I think this game does it very well so far. 45 hours in and I have only been to areas where the main quest has sent me. I have just killed The Crocodile. My question is, will I need to basically just wander around from now on, or will it the main quest send me more places? (I know I'm near the end now).... There are a couple of interesting photos and markers in one area, bit it is far out of my way and I have no reason to go there.

Oh is there another one of those trial things. I missed the first one! I'm not at a high enough level to do it yet though.

Also a question - one thing I always appreciate in open world games is when the main quest pretty much sends you to most places on the map. I think this game does it very well so far. 45 hours in and I have only been to areas where the main quest has sent me. I have just killed The Crocodile. My question is, will I need to basically just wander around from now on, or will it the main quest send me more places? (I know I'm near the end now).... There are a couple of interesting photos and markers in one area, bit it is far out of my way and I have no reason to go there.

The story will generally take you to most zones, there are a few zones that it doesnt take you to. There are also a few times where you suspect the story is nearing an end and then it carries on a bit more

50 hours. Nowhere near ready to give up.

The main story deserves a lot of credit. Not for its content, but for its structure. I like the way it sends you around the map at a good pace, introduces new elements every now and then, and mostly how it never rushes you. It will give you a task, but it feels natural to leave it for a bit and go off doing other things. It is really good. So many open world games feature main missions that basically tell you it is urgent that you do this, so going off exploring seems ridiculous.

Back
Top Bottom